Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,315x in 10,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Secure Email you never heard of

My VPN sends me alot of information on net security. I will print out what they said about these email sites then post the sites if anyone is interested

The ultimate tools for your online safety
    We asked our developers and sys admins which email providers they use personally and what they could recommend you.
    ProtonMail is an open-source email service provider, based in Switzerland. It uses end-to-end encryption and requires no personally identifiable information to sign up. ProtonMail also allows setting an expiration date to emails, after which they will be automatically deleted from the recipient’s inbox.

Hushmail keeps emails secure with state-of-the-art encryption methods. It offers a convenient web interface for sending encrypted messages from any device.
    Tutanota offers a free, end-to-end encrypted email service. If you send an encrypted message to someone who doesn’t use Tutanota, they get a temporary account and can only access it with a special password.
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

Lummy (05-01-2019),Peter1469 (05-01-2019)

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's really interesting!

Thank you for sharing!
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

Common (04-24-2019)

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Lummy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,307x in 4,359 Posts
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used hushmail about 15 years ago maybe? As I recall everyone else you correspond with also has to use it or it doesn't work because it's based on a specific program. Like PGP, a fantastic mailing envelope that should have been required by law in the 1990's, everyone has to use the program -- in this example, PGP -- to decrypt what is encrypted.

Nobody is into that stuff, and the government sure doesn't want you using it.
    Last edited by Lummy; 05-01-2019 at 05:57 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lummy For This Useful Post:

Cthulhu (05-01-2019)

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 1,139
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cthulhu's Avatar Senior Member
    The spaces between cognitive thought and passive nightmares
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 8,079x in 5,392 Posts
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    My VPN sends me alot of information on net security. I will print out what they said about these email sites then post the sites if anyone is interested

The ultimate tools for your online safety
    We asked our developers and sys admins which email providers they use personally and what they could recommend you.
    ProtonMail is an open-source email service provider, based in Switzerland. It uses end-to-end encryption and requires no personally identifiable information to sign up. ProtonMail also allows setting an expiration date to emails, after which they will be automatically deleted from the recipient’s inbox.

Hushmail keeps emails secure with state-of-the-art encryption methods. It offers a convenient web interface for sending encrypted messages from any device.
    Tutanota offers a free, end-to-end encrypted email service. If you send an encrypted message to someone who doesn’t use Tutanota, they get a temporary account and can only access it with a special password.
    All of these are perfectly fine, so long as their respective home governments remain respectful of privacy.

However since laws change like the weather, is recommend learning how to use end to end encryption and teach others how to do it as well. GnuPG or PGP are perfectly acceptable starting points.

But first things first - check the hardware. Doesn't matter how awesome your passphrase is if someone else has physical access to the system and installs a key logger.

Sent from my evil cell phone.
    "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Ephesians 6:12

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cthulhu For This Useful Post:

Common (05-02-2019),Peter1469 (05-01-2019)

+ Reply to Thread