Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 694x in 569 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mornac View Post
    Let me say a few things about myself so everyone knows my basic position on things.

[...]

One last thing: Those who know me, know that I have a policy of answering all questions that are asked of me (with the exception of personal questions which I will only answer if the interlocutor can substantiate the relevance of the answer to the discussion at hand) and I appreciate being shown the same courtesy in return. I look forward to meeting everyone and having some lively discourse.

Generally, you are given a welcome. As for relevance to discussions, the U.S. Department of Justice and F.B.I. are also being made to feel welcome. Right, things, first. Just as it is found in the United States Constitution.

Lively discourse is not possible inside of an environment that holds such innate hostility to all forms it holds hostile. Self-interest seems to be so much of the environment of which these things happen. It is quieting.

There is nothing lively about those who must harass the work God gave to compose, as in less than 5 minutes, without a thought of the next words to be, the audacity of selfishness to mock the order of God's giving.
    Plant farms and animal sanctuaries with just compensation: Genesis 1:29-30, 2-3, Lev. 24:18-22, Psalm 50, Isaiah 1, 11:6-9, 65, 66, Daniel 1, Hosea 2:18, Revelation 20-22.

Creation of horses: Zechariah 6:1-8, 14:20. Wild Horses, burros persecuted, parted out in violation of Public Law 92-195:
    https://twitter.com/WildHorseEdu

Jesus was a Vegetarian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx6J6jh1Dzo

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Orion Rules For This Useful Post:

Docthehun (05-26-2019)

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 266
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mornac's Avatar Junior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 33x in 17 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Rules View Post

Generally, you are given a welcome. As for relevance to discussions, the U.S. Department of Justice and F.B.I. are also being made to feel welcome. Right, things, first. Just as it is found in the United States Constitution.

Lively discourse is not possible inside of an environment that holds such innate hostility to all forms it holds hostile. Self-interest seems to be so much of the environment of which these things happen. It is quieting.

There is nothing lively about those who must harass the work God gave to compose, as in less than 5 minutes, without a thought of the next words to be, the audacity of selfishness to mock the order of God's giving.
    --Huh?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mornac For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (04-26-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 33x in 17 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stjames1_53 View Post
    @Mornac try not to allow the liberal left in here drive you away. They generally do not contribute much to a sane conversation. IOW, they tend to troll, not contribute.
    --Whenever I confront liberals, I am always the last man left standing. I prefer conversing with the intelligent ones though. That may sound oxymoronic, but I assure you that such thing exists. I've encountered it before and it is much more productive than wasting time with your run of the mill "F**k off and die" type of liberal who has no idea how to think for himself and knows only how to chant the narrative. There is no hope for that variety and normal people are better off not wasting their time with them. On the other hand, the intelligent liberal can sometimes be reasoned with and shown the error of his ways. Bear in mind that he will never admit that he has been enlightened but take consolation in the fact that he has whether he admits it or not.
    Welcome
    --Thank you. Pleased to be here.
    Last edited by Mornac; 04-25-2019 at 10:32 PM.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 33x in 17 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    Courtesy isn't a big thing here
    --It is for me - no matter where I am.

bit welcome to the zoo.
    --Thank you.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mornac For This Useful Post:

stjames1_53 (04-26-2019)

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 1,047
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 29,267x in 20,296 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    --Huh?
    That's what we've been saying since this character landed here.
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

9. The Following User Says Thank You to stjames1_53 For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (04-26-2019)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,315x in 10,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me say a few things about myself so everyone knows my basic position on things.

I was born and raised in Chicago where I currently live. I am 61 years old and have three grown children. I am a citizen of both the U.S (by birthright) and France (by virtue of my marriage).

I have no affiliation with any political party. I am first and foremost a member of the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church founded by Jesus Christ, King of the Universe, by Whom all authority on Earth is granted. I support things that various office holders do based on their proper use of that authority while I condemn others based on their misuse of that authority.

As an American, I consider myself a reactionary as I hold the Constitution in high regard and support its full restoration whenever and wherever possible. That often puts me in the camp of what most of you would consider “conservatives” although I do not technically identify as such since I strive to restore rather than conserve. Nonetheless, if - for the sake of convenience - you refer to me as a “conservative” I won’t take particular offense. As a French citizen, I am in principal a monarchist. However, since the royalty rarely take part in the political process, I tend to support movements that seek to protect French culture from the myriad attacks on it from both its own perverse liberal society as well as invading societies.

I have been participating in forums like this since Bill Clinton was disgracing his office and I’ve more or less followed the same community. There are at least two members here that I know and I ask anyone else who recognizes me (I post as Mornac everywhere I go) to please make that known to me. The other place where I currently post has undergone a self-imposed purge since the last presidential election seemingly because the liberal majority there suffered a Trump era traumatic stress meltdown and evaporated from the scene. I keep a presence there (I’m very loyal) but it gets boring since there is no real polemic discussion at this point. That’s pretty much the reason I’m looking into this place.

One last thing: Those who know me, know that I have a policy of answering all questions that are asked of me (with the exception of personal questions which I will only answer if the interlocutor can substantiate the relevance of the answer to the discussion at hand) and I appreciate being shown the same courtesy in return. I look forward to meeting everyone and having some lively discourse.

Welcome to the forum
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 793
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,093x in 12,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    --Whenever I confront liberals, I am always the last man left standing. ....
    M, you might want to keep in mind that sometimes when someone stops responding to your posts, it isn't a case of your being the last man left standing or of you "winning"; it is rather that they have simply given up. Think of it as the online forum equivalent of walking away from a futile situation...or of deciding to stop banging one's head against a wall. I wish I had a dollar for every time, on this forum and others, I have attempted to get some point across or get a simple question answered and have eventually had to just move on...only to see somebody then crow about my having "run away!" and declare victory in the "debate".

I do sincerely hope that you don't turn out to be one of those individuals, M. You and I have had discussions on another site - you may or may not remember - but I'm going to do my level best not to prejudge your current contributions based on history. Welcome, sir.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 33x in 17 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    M, you might want to keep in mind that sometimes when someone stops responding to your posts, it isn't a case of your being the last man left standing or of you "winning"; it is rather that they have simply given up.
    --I didn't say anything about "winning" (I see you still have that nasty habit of putting quotation marks around words wher thay have no business being). If someone has "simply given up" (now there is proper quotation mark usage), that makes me the last man standing. There's simply no getting around that fact.

Think of it as the online forum equivalent of walking away from a futile situation...or of deciding to stop banging one's head against a wall.
    --That may signal that your logic is flawed and cannot apply to the situation no matter how hard you try.

I wish I had a dollar for every time, on this forum and others, I have attempted to get some point across or get a simple question answered and have eventually had to just move on
    --Ya mean like this?

I think I've seen you do that before, but it was always when I was the one asking the question.

...only to see somebody then crow about my having "run away!" and declare victory in the "debate".
    --You'll never catch me declaring victory about anything. I simply get as many facts out in the open as possible and let everyone draw their own conclusions about them.

I do sincerely hope that you don't turn out to be one of those individuals, M.
    --See above.

You and I have had discussions on another site - you may or may not remember
    --I remember them well. They were some of the best online discussions I ever had.

- but I'm going to do my level best not to prejudge your current contributions based on history.
    --That would be an error. History shows that I am a man with a sound sense of reason and logic. The archives are there to bear witness to that. Feel free to avail yourself of them should you decide to attempt substantiating your implication.

Welcome, sir.
    --Thank you, sir.

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,820
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    The Xl's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 19,792x in 11,974 Posts
    Mentioned
    433 Post(s)