Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,315x in 10,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    Exactly what agenda is being advanced by having one or two movies out of literally dozens of superhero films focus on a female hero? Or by having a single film depict a Black superhero? I'm sincerely curious to know your thinking on this, so please don't dodge the question.

I reiterate my belief that it isn't the movies themselves that have caused a backlash - particularly since we hear so many expressions of butt-hurt from individuals who proudly admit that they haven't even seen the films in question and have no intention of doing so - but the happy reaction of, in this case, many women and Black people. That reaction seems to bother some folks...may even cause them to being ranting about how soon White males will either be eliminated from movies all together or will be cast strictly as villains.
    You need to recount, I started to answer one of your posts then you posted this one. So I will combine some of it.
    Your quote

When it comes to movies, much of what is mischaracterized as "political" is really nothing of the kind. A movie like Boys Don't Cry, for instance, about the murder of a transgender man, is the true story of someone who was murdered because of who he was.

Ive never referenced any movie nearly like that, a true story is just that.

Let me make this very plain.

Hollywood is trying to convince the shallow minded and the already indoctrinated that white men are inherently evil and women and black men are the heros. Every movie, most sitcoms and commercials are ridden with liberal agenda.

Now heres where I need you to read closely. I am not opposed to portraying women and black men in a good light. I am not opposed to making them heros because many are. I dont oppose the desire to make them feel good about themselves and know they are equal to and the same as white men and thats humans. I fully understand the reasoning behind it and I AGREE with that reasoning, I totally disagree with how they are doing it.

I am fully opposed to making white men the scape goats and portraying them as either evil or $#@! or just silly dumbass goofy handjobs to enhance the stature of women and make black guys the good guys,That I am fully and completely against. If they approached it differently without degrading white men that would be different.

Hollywood and tv are pushing their own agenda and I wont even debate it, because to me there is nothing to debate or discuss the evidence is right in front of everyones face.

The left makes excuses for the left by omission, deletion and additions and skirt all around the facts and the truth.
    Last edited by Common; 05-01-2019 at 07:14 AM.
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Standing Wolf all white men are not bad human beings, even the ones that dont agree with liberals
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 842
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,087x in 12,282 Posts
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    You need to recount, I started to answer one of your posts then you posted this one. So I will combine some of it.
    Your quote

When it comes to movies, much of what is mischaracterized as "political" is really nothing of the kind. A movie like Boys Don't Cry, for instance, about the murder of a transgender man, is the true story of someone who was murdered because of who he was.

Ive never referenced any movie nearly like that, a true story is just that.

Let me make this very plain.

Hollywood is trying to convince the shallow minded and the already indoctrinated that white men are inherently evil and women and black men are the heros. Every movie, most sitcoms and commercials are ridden with liberal agenda.

Now heres where I need you to read closely. I am not opposed to portraying women and black men in a good light. I am not opposed to making them heros because many are. I dont oppose the desire to make them feel good about themselves and know they are equal to and the same as white men and thats humans. I fully understand the reasoning behind it and I AGREE with that reasoning, I totally disagree with how they are doing it.

I am fully opposed to making white men the scape goats and portraying them as either evil or $#@! or just silly dumbass goofy handjobs to enhance the stature of women and make black guys the good guys,That I am fully and completely against. If they approached it differently without degrading white men that would be different.

Hollywood and tv are pushing their own agenda and I wont even debate it, because to me there is nothing to debate or discuss the evidence is right in front of everyones face.

The left makes excuses for the left by omission, deletion and additions and skirt all around the facts and the truth.
    Honestly, C, I have to wonder whether your, by your own admission, not having seen a lot of recent movies may be contributing to the mistaken idea that the men in them are being portrayed as "evil" or "goofy handjobs". Did you develop that impression yourself...and if so, based on what? You say you "won't even debate" that Hollywood and television are "pushing their own agenda", so I guess I won't ask you to cite some actual examples - since that would be part of "debating" - but I can't help but think that you're either just being overly sensitive and exaggerating the extent to which popular entertainment has been taken over by a "liberal agenda" or you're taking others' word for it. Either possibility is a poor substitute for actually seeing examples of it yourself and then being able to say what they are.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

IMPress Polly (05-02-2019)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    Honestly, C, I have to wonder whether your, by your own admission, not having seen a lot of recent movies may be contributing to the mistaken idea that the men in them are being portrayed as "evil" or "goofy handjobs". Did you develop that impression yourself...and if so, based on what? You say you "won't even debate" that Hollywood and television are "pushing their own agenda", so I guess I won't ask you to cite some actual examples - since that would be part of "debating" - but I can't help but think that you're either just being overly sensitive and exaggerating the extent to which popular entertainment has been taken over by a "liberal agenda" or you're taking others' word for it. Either possibility is a poor substitute for actually seeing examples of it yourself and then being able to say what they are.
    Just watch tv commercials and some sitcoms, dont even have to watch movies.

Actually dont do anything, just believe im wrong if you want
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Standing Wolf all white men are not bad human beings, even the ones that dont agree with liberals
    When it comes to labeling "all white men" who disagree with liberals - so I guess we're talking about conservatives - bad or evil or anything else extremely negative, that's an opinion I don't see a lot of here. (People who will steadfastly support and defend every ignorant, dumb-ass thing Cheeto Jesus does or says, and attribute even the most justified criticism to somebody suffering from a mental disorder, are a special case, and they bring that on themselves.) The great majority, probably in excess of 90%, of the dismissive, over-the-top negative labeling comes from the Right-ish forum members, and anyone who has been on this board for even half an hour is aware of it.
    Last edited by Standing Wolf; 05-01-2019 at 10:02 AM.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

Common Sense (05-02-2019),IMPress Polly (05-02-2019)

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 1,804
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first Group50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    IMPress Polly's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,643x in 4,358 Posts
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    all white men are not bad human beings, even the ones that dont agree with liberals
    Cat44.gif

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points
    Sergeant Gleed's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,038x in 1,586 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I stopped wasting time on stuporhero films because

1) no surprises. Not even funny anymore.

2) fascists aren't Americans and when every action hero is advocating the fascist position both on and off the screen, I can find better things to do with my money, like buying MAGA hats .

3) no thought goes into making the films. There is literally NOTHING original there. What are they going to do now tgat Stan Lee is dead and can't do his cameos?

4) if you're an American, Hollywood is your deadly enemy. They HATE you. Why give them money?
    Freedom Requires Obstinance.

We the People DID NOT vote in a majority Rodent Congress, they stole it via election fraud.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sergeant Gleed For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (05-02-2019)

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points
    Sergeant Gleed's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,038x in 1,586 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there something wrong with the idea of restoring America's greatness?

If America was "already great", as the Rodents assert...why are tge Rodents working so hard to destroy America?

If the majority actually supported the Rodents, why do the Rodents have to import illegal alien voters and commit election fraud?
    Freedom Requires Obstinance.

We the People DID NOT vote in a majority Rodent Congress, they stole it via election fraud.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant Gleed View Post
    Is there something wrong with the idea of restoring America's greatness?

If America was "already great", as the Rodents assert...why are tge Rodents working so hard to destroy America?

If the majority actually supported the Rodents, why do the Rodents have to import illegal alien voters and commit election fraud?
    Since the topic of this thread - if I remember correctly - is why some people seem to be so tremendously butt-hurt over movies that depict women and minorities in less than subservient or secondary roles, can we assume that your idea of when movies (and, by extension, America) was "great" was a time when women in films stood to the side with a hand over their mouths while the menfolk duked it out, and then batted their eyes coquettishly at the victor? When Black people - excuse me, "negr*es" - knew their place and were only ever depicted as train porters, butlers or hobos?

If you see these questions as insulting to your true thinking and your character - hey, at least they are on-topic.

Have you seen any movies lately, SG? I just imagine you and a few other members of the forum grumbling about the "un-American" messages to be found in movies you've never bothered watching. So far, I don't believe anyone taking your side of things has provided even one example of something that was objectively wrong, improper or anti-American about the movie this thread is ostensibly about...let alone today's films generally. Quite honestly, you just sound uninformed and silly.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

Common Sense (05-02-2019)

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 1,050
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 29,264x in 20,295 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    all y'all are debating a fantasy bookmark.
    Even "stories based on actual events" are subject to interpretation and misrepresentation. Hollywood doesn't put out a damned thing that's really worth watching. Messages? They are trying like hell to convince you to spend money that is probably better spent elsewhere...........and some are.
    You guys are arguing about fantasy and who is more right than the other.
    Really?
    Everything HW puts out is a fantasy. Some in here are arguing like it's real...............sad
    Polly wants to have HW enhance lesbian relationships, some are only looking at it for beauty (hot bodies), some are watching because their lives lack luster (graphics).
    C'mon boys, get a grip.
    like there isn't enough fantasy out there in the real world?
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

+ Reply to Thread