Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,315x in 10,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    Exactly what agenda is being advanced by having one or two movies out of literally dozens of superhero films focus on a female hero? Or by having a single film depict a Black superhero? I'm sincerely curious to know your thinking on this, so please don't dodge the question.

I reiterate my belief that it isn't the movies themselves that have caused a backlash - particularly since we hear so many expressions of butt-hurt from individuals who proudly admit that they haven't even seen the films in question and have no intention of doing so - but the happy reaction of, in this case, many women and Black people. That reaction seems to bother some folks...may even cause them to being ranting about how soon White males will either be eliminated from movies all together or will be cast strictly as villains.
    You need to recount, I started to answer one of your posts then you posted this one. So I will combine some of it.
    Your quote

When it comes to movies, much of what is mischaracterized as "political" is really nothing of the kind. A movie like Boys Don't Cry, for instance, about the murder of a transgender man, is the true story of someone who was murdered because of who he was.

Ive never referenced any movie nearly like that, a true story is just that.

Let me make this very plain.

Hollywood is trying to convince the shallow minded and the already indoctrinated that white men are inherently evil and women and black men are the heros. Every movie, most sitcoms and commercials are ridden with liberal agenda.

Now heres where I need you to read closely. I am not opposed to portraying women and black men in a good light. I am not opposed to making them heros because many are. I dont oppose the desire to make them feel good about themselves and know they are equal to and the same as white men and thats humans. I fully understand the reasoning behind it and I AGREE with that reasoning, I totally disagree with how they are doing it.

I am fully opposed to making white men the scape goats and portraying them as either evil or $#@! or just silly dumbass goofy handjobs to enhance the stature of women and make black guys the good guys,That I am fully and completely against. If they approached it differently without degrading white men that would be different.

Hollywood and tv are pushing their own agenda and I wont even debate it, because to me there is nothing to debate or discuss the evidence is right in front of everyones face.

The left makes excuses for the left by omission, deletion and additions and skirt all around the facts and the truth.
    Last edited by Common; 05-01-2019 at 07:14 AM.
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden