Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,497x in 1,841 Posts
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Russian Troll Talks

Russian Troll Talks

Editor's note: Given the distractions and confusion caused by social media trolls we cannot confirm the authorship of this opinion piece, but we find its analysis interesting and at times insightful.

Zdravstvuj, I am one of those people you read about. We are phantoms to some who think knowledge is stable and real, we know better. First a little history. When the online comment and communications boards began most people had no idea of the power and influence they would eventually create. AOL chat was an early participant as was Yahoo, it was often childish and its format not open to propaganda and idea dissemination. Anyone remember Yahoo answers, it too was occasionally interesting, but the audience wasn't wide enough and we needed better directing and focusing, we needed to target an audience that would believe or even just doubt.

But something else was going on and had been going for a long time. Think Tanks (TT) formed a model for the control of information. RAND and Hudson began after WWII as bases of knowledge and policy, who could have predicated what they would eventually become? How thought itself could be transformed. Propaganda now had a platform, no longer just opinion, no longer on the sidelines, now the Think Tank confirmed whatever it was they were paid to confirm. Agnotology had a sponsor. Smoking bad? Global warming real? Doubt everything. Well not everything only those issues that challenged power.

Today think tanks are tools for the political, economic, and corporate interests - the interests of the monied classes. One could say mind control or people control. The writings and ideas of these TT are used for and by public relations and lobbying groups. Ask yourself, who has time today to read serious journalism when the mediasphere is everywhere and always on? Few do in the wider society. The next step was and is a marriage between Think Tanks and educational programs, breeding ground for idea control and the scholars and students who attended them. The Heritage Foundation, American Enterprise Institute, Heartland Institute, and the Federalist Society stand out. These institutions gave birth to ideologies, free market libertarianism, lower tax policy, big government as the problem. Nationalism ironically became a positive reversing its history. Betsey DeVos for instance is a perfect education secretary, an impotent head of a once important institution.

We can't take credit for creating the Trump partisan, but because they were already primed with an unclear resentment, we were able to exploit that characteristic in many Americans especially white Americans and oddly even religious Americans and Evangelicals. The ground work was done and while it was supported and financed several other developments were required for idea deployment. Ideology adherents were developed and ideas promulgated to colleges. University Chairs were established and programs developed. These are the idea people today who spread the news. Quite obviously there is a historic background for our country too. At first there was the belief that Communism worked a kind of Marxist magic. Some Americans and even scholars believed the propaganda, but it was just that. Statistics made lies real. Some progress was made. After all we launched Sputnik. Media control in our country can be quite harsh but let's not get too complicated after all America and other nations that can be influenced are our work place today. Russian history can be a footnote. Power wants its people compliant and confused and it pays well and keeps us working. The Bible was right concerning money.

Russian trolls: https://www.recode.net/2017/11/2/165...ed-handle-list

The show goes on: https://popular.info/p/trump-ad-cont...ds-on-facebook
    Or not: https://www.zdnet.com/article/putin-...rest-of-world/

"The function of law and theology are the same: to keep the poor from taking back by violence what the rich have stolen by cunning." Robert Anton Wilson

Moderator Note: Article shortened by The Mod Squad per Rule 8. "You must provide a link when quoting an article and follow fair use guidelines (you are permitted to copy and paste two to three paragraphs). In addition, do not alter another user's words when quoting them."
    Last edited by DGUtley; 05-04-2019 at 10:15 AM.
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

2. The Following User Says Thank You to midcan5 For This Useful Post:

Bo-4 (10-29-2019)

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    Editor Note: The Russian troll's confession may be a spoof, we do not know. If 'they' return to comment we'll be open to their opinion. America is in a state of divided incredulity, but so long as the economy isn't crashing, anything goes. Trump rallies appear to be more useful tools for control than many had thought. Lies are truths, promises never kept, but the show goes on and on.
    Of course it's a spoof.

And a poor one at that.

I can't believe I wasted 7 minutes of my life reading that silly thing.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

bulletbob (05-08-2020),Cannons Front (12-19-2019),carolina73 (08-24-2020),Ethereal (05-20-2022),Lummy (06-02-2020),midcan5 (05-04-2019),Peter1469 (05-04-2019),Tahuyaman (05-18-2019)

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 892
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassYour first Group25000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Admiral Ackbar's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,992x in 3,109 Posts
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total crap..
    "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining"----Fletcher in The Outlaw Josey Wales

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Admiral Ackbar For This Useful Post:

bulletbob (05-08-2020),carolina73 (08-24-2020),Ethereal (05-20-2022),Lummy (06-02-2020),midcan5 (05-04-2019),Peter1469 (05-04-2019),Tahuyaman (10-02-2020)

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 798
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    midcan5's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moderator Note: Article shortened by The Mod Squad per Rule 8. "You must provide a link when quoting an article and follow fair use guidelines (you are permitted to copy and paste two to three paragraphs). In addition, do not alter another user's words when quoting them."

Please replace entire post I am not quoting anyone. Or I can do that let me know. james

PS please excuse my having a bit of fun explaining trolling and America today.
    Last edited by midcan5; 05-04-2019 at 06:28 PM.
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are interested in the full text, I posted it on my blog, and if you'd like some short but interesting quotes see my favorites too.

http://midcan5.blogspot.com/2019/05/...oll-talks.html

http://midcan5.blogspot.com/2019/02/...quotes-in.html

PS I am always adding quotes so check back sometime.
    Last edited by midcan5; 05-18-2019 at 07:38 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to midcan5 For This Useful Post:

DGUtley (05-18-2019)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 77,539x in 55,961 Posts
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    Of course it's a spoof.

And a poor one at that.

I can't believe I wasted 7 minutes of my life reading that silly thing.
    Of course it's a spoof. The wording isn't typical of a Russian Internet troll.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    Of course it's a spoof. The wording isn't typical of a Russian Internet troll.
    And how would you know that? Hm.....

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It appears the Russian troll understands regret as they conveyed concern over their words of blame and subsequently shared the OP below. In the opinion piece another author acknowledges America's responsibility in creating the world in which Donald John Trump could play the American people. The author calls it 'the great American hustle'. In simple words, the way of life in America for the privileged classes. The editors are in agreement this opinion piece should be shared. Excerpts below.

'Trump’s rise looks like a great American hustle, despite the international links. '

"Mueller demonstrates how Trump is merely a would-be mobster, worried sick that his capos are wearing a wire."

"It turns out there really is a “deep state” out to thwart Trump after all, but its operatives are not alleged liberal Trump haters in the FBI but Trump appointees in his administration—and when they secretly manage to thwart him, they shield him from prison."

"“They thought we colluded, but we couldn’t even collude with our local offices.” It’s a pitiful yet accurate exculpation: not guilty by reason of ineptitude."

"Mueller’s chronicle of prevarication, moral turpitude, and incompetence is dispiriting, but his presentation of rigorous legal reasoning and strict adherence to statutes, case law, and procedural rules is inspiring. The text serves as an x-ray, revealing a venal politician and a corrupt political system. At the same time, it embodies many of the values that make the United States great: integrity, meticulousness, professionalism, public service, and the rule of law."

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/artic...merican-hustle

"The report makes clear that Trump the politician resembles Trump the businessman. Before he became president, whenever he got into trouble (which he constantly did), he would sue, obtaining a settlement to extricate himself. He and his businesses got involved in around 3,500 lawsuits, in a majority of them as the plaintiff. If all else failed, Trump would declare bankruptcy. Between 1991 and 2009, his companies went through six corporate bankruptcies under Chapter 11. But although he had to relinquish many of his properties, he avoided having to file for personal bankruptcy."

"Only someone miraculously innocent of history could believe that competition among ideas could result in the triumph of truth" John Gray

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,323x in 10,925 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Says the person that says ALL of everyone elses cited sources are right wing lying sites,

This site is as phony as the democrat house, I wouldnt waste time reading it
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

Admiral Ackbar (05-21-2022),carolina73 (11-18-2020)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Oh Common, you are so right, also folks, please do not read or even check out the book linked below. It too is phony, you know phony like so many things in America today.' RT

'In the era of Donald Trump, many lower- and middle-class white Americans are drawn to politicians who pledge to make their lives great again. But as Dying of Whiteness shows, the policies that result actually place white Americans at ever-greater risk of sickness and death.'

'Dying of Whiteness: How the Politics of Racial Resentment Is Killing America's Heartland' by Jonathan M. Metzl

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...g-of-whiteness

+ Reply to Thread