nathanbforrest45's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 16,261x in 10,568 Posts
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am sorry about her death but if she had just put her cigarette out she could have gone on about her business. Instead she had to show her ass.

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 2,210
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,555x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is awful. I had never seen this one, and there are so many these days. There are some people who just should not be in charge of the law. He had an ego reaction to what she said, after he asked her a question and she had to pay with her life. That is just awful, I mean awful.

We put people in charge of the law to protect not to harm. We are the ones who put them in power they work for us. We pay their wages. Those who work in the field do so as a service much like the military in a way it is a sacrifice. But when they change from being our protecots to our keepers, then something has gone wrong.

I respect officers and thier service. It is a dangerous job, their life is on the line every day, and they do alot of good. But every now and then one goes rogue. Not to mention the attutude of officers has changed over the last several years. I feel that they are now more militant, and they are less tolerant. They used to have a much more friendly demeanor but now they have a demeanor of authority. It does not feel the same as it did lets say before 2012 or so. Things have changed.

It also used to be that officers would just box it out with a suspect, now in many cases they just shoot, and shoot to kill. It is pretty sad really.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

roadmaster (05-07-2019)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,587x in 36,518 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanbforrest45 View Post
    I am sorry about her death but if she had just put her cigarette out she could have gone on about her business. Instead she had to show her ass.
    Why do people behave this way?
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 2,575
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,717x in 16,157 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Plenty more where she came from. You have to draw a line somewhere.
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanbforrest45 View Post
    I think the officer was a bit full of himself, but why in the world did the woman act like an idiot? Why was she not respectful? My parents made sure I knew to be respectful to law enforcement officers and my children were taught the same. What could have been going through her head to make her behave so poorly?
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

nathanbforrest45 (05-07-2019)

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 2,150
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,270x in 12,392 Posts
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sometimes the cop is in the wrong, sometimes it's the civilian, and sometimes the fault is shared.

In this instance, I would assign the lion's share of the culpability to the officer. His first mistake was to insist that she put out her cigarette while she was signing the ticket; he had no reason to do that, but because she failed to comply with that command and argued with him about it, he escalated the situation by making her exit her vehicle. Etc. His screaming at the top of his lungs unnecessarily is probably the best evidence that he was not in control of himself.

Yes, an officer has to take command of any given situation and maintain control over the civilians on scene, BUT - he or she has to also have the ability to exercise good judgment in terms of what he is directing those civilians to do and why. In this case, the cop's ego clearly got in the way of his good sense. He was eventually fired for lying about the circumstances surrounding the stop and what happened afterwards, so the fact that he found it necessary to lie is a good indication that he knew, at some point, that he had messed up.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

FindersKeepers (05-07-2019),Just AnotherPerson (05-07-2019),MisterVeritis (05-07-2019),Peter1469 (05-07-2019)

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 1,008
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Private Pickle's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,114x in 9,773 Posts
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    Sometimes the cop is in the wrong, sometimes it's the civilian, and sometimes the fault is shared.

In this instance, I would assign the lion's share of the culpability to the officer. His first mistake was to insist that she put out her cigarette while she was signing the ticket; he had no reason to do that, but because she failed to comply with that command and argued with him about it, he escalated the situation by making her exit her vehicle. Etc. His screaming at the top of his lungs unnecessarily is probably the best evidence that he was not in control of himself.

Yes, an officer has to take command of any given situation and maintain control over the civilians on scene, BUT - he or she has to also have the ability to exercise good judgment in terms of what he is directing those civilians to do and why. In this case, the cop's ego clearly got in the way of his good sense. He was eventually fired for lying about the circumstances surrounding the stop and what happened afterwards, so the fact that he found it necessary to lie is a good indication that he knew, at some point, that he had messed up.
    Agreed. Just one more example of a cop that thinks his badge gives him the right to trounce on the Constitutional rights of the citizenry.

With that being said Bland was just another entitled minority with a chip on her shoulder. She wanted a confrontation so she could utilize it to further her agenda of being a victim in America. People like her seek out these types of events and propagate them.
    I find your lack of faith...disturbing...

-Darth Vader

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post

I think this is true. If an officer can't handle a traffic stop -- he ought not be an officer. I'm always stunned, however, to see civilians act so rudely to law enforcement. I think it was over the top for him to tell her to put out her smoke, but I would have complied immediately.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Private Pickle View Post
    Agreed. Just one more example of a cop that thinks his badge gives him the right to trounce on the Constitutional rights of the citizenry.

With that being said Bland was just another entitled minority with a chip on her shoulder. She wanted a confrontation so she could utilize it to further her agenda of being a victim in America. People like her seek out these types of events and propagate them.
    This is also true. If I remember correctly, this happened during a time when officers were purposefully being targeted in the media, which I think might have given some people a sense of defiance. I remember officers (good officers) feeling letdown by the media and by the government at large.

I think things have mellowed out some -- I hope so.

+ Reply to Thread