User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: With Ethanol And Biomass No Longer Viewed As 'Green,' Will Other Renewables Soon Foll

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Ethanol And Biomass No Longer Viewed As 'Green,' Will Other Renewables Soon Foll

The answer is....

YES.

The largest county in California, San Bernardino, last week banned the building of any more large solar and wind farms over the opposition of renewable energy lobbyists and labor unions. They did so on behalf of conservationists and locals seeking to protect fragile desert ecosystems.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/michael...Y#6c37f0427fb9
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,315x in 10,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All this energy crap is political, parties support it because their donors are invested in it.

Politics, Donate a 1.00 get a 1,000 in taxpayer cash back, or a similar rape in dollars

Ethanol was never about the environment it was about taking mid western corn farmers from making a living to making them filthy rich. Ethanol drove up the price of so many differnt products its absurd.

Heres a short list, gasoline, anything you eat with corn in it, anything made from corn or with corn in it. Dog food, etc
    Those prices went through the roof after ethanol and ethanol doesnt do a damn thing for the environment.
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

FindersKeepers (05-09-2019),HawkTheSlayer (05-09-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    All this energy crap is political, parties support it because their donors are invested in it.

Politics, Donate a 1.00 get a 1,000 in taxpayer cash back, or a similar rape in dollars

Ethanol was never about the environment it was about taking mid western corn farmers from making a living to making them filthy rich. Ethanol drove up the price of so many differnt products its absurd.

Heres a short list, gasoline, anything you eat with corn in it, anything made from corn or with corn in it. Dog food, etc
    Those prices went through the roof after ethanol and ethanol doesnt do a damn thing for the environment.
    You're absolutely right -- the hoax continues -- but we're getting ready to see a big drop in wind farms starting toward the end of next year. The PTC expires at the end of this year, but if the company has made a 5% investment -- or has started construction of the power plant -- they will still receive the subsidy.

We're seeing a major push in wind farms right now that's become downright aggressive. NextEra (I've heard it called "NextTerror") is suing communities that won't comply with their desires and threatening local boards. This will all slow down once the tax credits expire, because, despite all their claims, wind energy is not profitable -- or affordable.

Wildlife conservationists are coming down hard on the amount of bats and raptors these massive turbines are slaughtering.

The only thing that could breathe a bit more life into them is an extension of the tax credits, but that's not looking too good right now.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

Common (05-09-2019),MisterVeritis (05-09-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like solar, I know at least a half a dozen people duped into getting solar, 2 have solar everything, heat, ac, hotwater cost them over 45,000. They wont get their money back in 6 lifetimes.

Others have just solar hot water which cost from 9,000 to 15,000 installed. They wont get their money back in 3 liftimes.

My entire house is electric, I have 3 outtside lights on dusk to dawn and 4 more that are on motion detection.

Washer, Dryer, Central Air, Hot water, water softener and Well, everything is electric. My hightest bill since ive been in florida has been 136.00, a friend who put in solar hot water saw his electric bill go down 14.00 a month, he paid over 13,000
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

FindersKeepers (05-09-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like solar, I know at least a half a dozen people duped into getting solar, 2 have solar everything, heat, ac, hotwater cost them over 45,000. They wont get their money back in 6 lifetimes.

Others have just solar hot water which cost from 9,000 to 15,000 installed. They wont get their money back in 3 liftimes.

My entire house is electric, I have 3 outtside lights on dusk to dawn and 4 more that are on motion detection.

Washer, Dryer, Central Air, Hot water, water softener and Well, everything is electric. My hightest bill since ive been in florida has been 136.00, a friend who put in solar hot water saw his electric bill go down 14.00 a month, he paid over 13,000
    I know. It's crazy. What are they thinking?

Our electricity bill is pretty steep -- around $450 a month, but that's because we have a shop in addition to everything being "smart" (not sure how smart it actually is), and we also live in Kansas, which has seen 47 rate increases in the past few years -- mostly due to the cost of building the infrastructure needed to host wind farms. Sheer lunacy. We're having to create local programs to help those who can no longer pay their electrical bills. The electric companies are barred from turning off someone's power when the temps are bitterly cold, but they aren't required to turn them back on. We had an issue recently where an older gentleman who lived alone had his electricity cut off in December, then January hit and it was still off. Temps dropped and thank goodness his neighbor reported what was happening on a local Facebook page so we could help him. Bless his heart -- he didn't have the money to pay the extravagant power bills, and he was too proud to seek assistance. We now have him moved into an community-living center where he still has independence, but Mennonite Aid is covering his bills.

We're going to start seeing a lot more of this, however, as wind and solar keep raping the people. It's going to happen.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

Common (05-09-2019),HawkTheSlayer (05-09-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    I know. It's crazy. What are they thinking?

Our electricity bill is pretty steep -- around $450 a month, but that's because we have a shop in addition to everything being "smart" (not sure how smart it actually is), and we also live in Kansas, which has seen 47 rate increases in the past few years -- mostly due to the cost of building the infrastructure needed to host wind farms. Sheer lunacy. We're having to create local programs to help those who can no longer pay their electrical bills. The electric companies are barred from turning off someone's power when the temps are bitterly cold, but they aren't required to turn them back on. We had an issue recently where an older gentleman who lived alone had his electricity cut off in December, then January hit and it was still off. Temps dropped and thank goodness his neighbor reported what was happening on a local Facebook page so we could help him. Bless his heart -- he didn't have the money to pay the extravagant power bills, and he was too proud to seek assistance. We now have him moved into an community-living center where he still has independence, but Mennonite Aid is covering his bills.

We're going to start seeing a lot more of this, however, as wind and solar keep raping the people. It's going to happen.
    Some people are just easily duped

They only things solar that are worth it in fla are Solar Roof fan, because roof fans run almost constantly in fla and solar lights
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    nathanbforrest45's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 16,261x in 10,568 Posts
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some people are just easily duped

They only things solar that are worth it in fla are Solar Roof fan, because roof fans run almost constantly in fla and solar lights
    I use two solar battery chargers on my boat to keep my bilge pumps working. I also gave money to the NRA and they sent me a solar powered charger to keep my cell phone charged. The boat chargers are working very well, the jury is still out on the phone. It just charges so slowly if my phone dies then its two days to charge it back to 100%.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to nathanbforrest45 For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanbforrest45 View Post
    I use two solar battery chargers on my boat to keep my bilge pumps working. I also gave money to the NRA and they sent me a solar powered charger to keep my cell phone charged. The boat chargers are working very well, the jury is still out on the phone. It just charges so slowly if my phone dies then its two days to charge it back to 100%.
    I have many solar lights in my courtyard -- it's so pretty when the sun goes down and no low-voltage wiring to install.

We also have a solar-charged gate opener, but if it's cloudy -- forget it -- we have to open it manually.

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 89.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,570x in 94,411 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ethanol and methanol can work just fine if politics were removed. Corn is an inefficient alcohol fuel source. There is no need to grow fuel corps on farm quality land. Various plants can be planted in deserts and near-deserts with little expense. They can be used for fuel and to prevent further desertification. It would not compete with food crops. Algae is another promising source that could even help clean up polluted waterways while providing fed stock for fuel.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 1,196
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    HawkTheSlayer's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,337x in 5,057 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.Those prices went through the roof after ethanol and ethanol doesnt do a damn thing for the environment.
    Don't forget corn squeezins'.

+ Reply to Thread