User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 60

Thread: Happy Day!

  1. #41
    Points: 120,204, Level: 84
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 2,646
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    860690
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    49,513
    Points
    120,204
    Level
    84
    Thanks Given
    3,148
    Thanked 2,950x in 2,021 Posts
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Private Pickle View Post
    We are taking about those who die right? I mean she died.
    I suspect that she fell through the cracks. I don't think that anyone tested her for rabies when she got home because rabies doesn't exist in Europe. That's kind of a problem when you eliminate what was once a common killer virus. No one even thinks of it anymore. We get too complacent.
    "The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

  2. #42
    Points: 96,725, Level: 75
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 625
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Private Pickle's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    177512
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    30,979
    Points
    96,725
    Level
    75
    Thanks Given
    6,093
    Thanked 8,973x in 6,592 Posts
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    I suspect that she fell through the cracks. I don't think that anyone tested her for rabies when she got home because rabies doesn't exist in Europe. That's kind of a problem when you eliminate what was once a common killer virus. No one even thinks of it anymore. We get too complacent.
    No she didn’t. It is so rare that the doctors never considered giving her rabies therapy. Rabies isn’t detectable early unless there is reason to do so. Once it gets past a certain point there is no treating it. So you’re right. They didn’t listen or ignored her symptoms. Either way she picked up a cute doggie and it killed her. Same could happen anywhere. Just like a lightning strike.
    I find your lack of faith...disturbing...

    -Darth Vader

  3. #43
    Points: 120,204, Level: 84
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 2,646
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    860690
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    49,513
    Points
    120,204
    Level
    84
    Thanks Given
    3,148
    Thanked 2,950x in 2,021 Posts
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Private Pickle View Post
    No she didn’t. It is so rare that the doctors never considered giving her rabies therapy. Rabies isn’t detectable early unless there is reason to do so. Once it gets past a certain point there is no treating it. So you’re right. They didn’t listen or ignored her symptoms. Either way she picked up a cute doggie and it killed her. Same could happen anywhere. Just like a lightning strike.
    Europe eliminated rabies a long time ago, along with most of their wild animals which were hunted to extinction. That's why it didn't even occur to her doctors to test for it. In N. America, it's still on the menu.
    "The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

  4. #44
    Points: 96,725, Level: 75
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 625
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Private Pickle's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    177512
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    30,979
    Points
    96,725
    Level
    75
    Thanks Given
    6,093
    Thanked 8,973x in 6,592 Posts
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Europe eliminated rabies a long time ago, along with most of their wild animals which were hunted to extinction. That's why it didn't even occur to her doctors to test for it. In N. America, it's still on the menu.
    A simple question would or could have avoided her death.
    I find your lack of faith...disturbing...

    -Darth Vader

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Private Pickle For This Useful Post:

    Dr. Who (05-15-2019)

  6. #45
    Points: 120,204, Level: 84
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 2,646
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    860690
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    49,513
    Points
    120,204
    Level
    84
    Thanks Given
    3,148
    Thanked 2,950x in 2,021 Posts
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Private Pickle View Post
    A simple question would or could have avoided her death.
    That's true.
    "The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

  7. #46
    Points: 96,725, Level: 75
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 625
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Private Pickle's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    177512
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    30,979
    Points
    96,725
    Level
    75
    Thanks Given
    6,093
    Thanked 8,973x in 6,592 Posts
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    That's true.
    So the doctors were inept. We agree. Meanwhile one shouldn’t pick up strays and play with them. If they want to be a “savior” best is to call animal control.
    I find your lack of faith...disturbing...

    -Darth Vader

  8. #47
    Points: 120,204, Level: 84
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 2,646
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    860690
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    49,513
    Points
    120,204
    Level
    84
    Thanks Given
    3,148
    Thanked 2,950x in 2,021 Posts
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Private Pickle View Post
    So the doctors were inept. We agree. Meanwhile one shouldn’t pick up strays and play with them. If they want to be a “savior” best is to call animal control.
    Hmmm... or wear gloves if you are worried?
    "The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

  9. #48
    Points: 96,725, Level: 75
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 625
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Private Pickle's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    177512
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    30,979
    Points
    96,725
    Level
    75
    Thanks Given
    6,093
    Thanked 8,973x in 6,592 Posts
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Hmmm... or wear gloves if you are worried?
    Or don’t use an umbrella in a lightning storm?
    I find your lack of faith...disturbing...

    -Darth Vader

  10. #49
    Points: 120,204, Level: 84
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 2,646
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    860690
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    49,513
    Points
    120,204
    Level
    84
    Thanks Given
    3,148
    Thanked 2,950x in 2,021 Posts
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Private Pickle View Post
    Or don’t use an umbrella in a lightning storm?
    I think that we've already covered the fact that getting struck by lightning is far more likely in America, than contracting rabies from a puppy.
    "The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

  11. #50
    Points: 96,725, Level: 75
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 625
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Private Pickle's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    177512
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    30,979
    Points
    96,725
    Level
    75
    Thanks Given
    6,093
    Thanked 8,973x in 6,592 Posts
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    I think that we've already covered the fact that getting struck by lightning is far more likely in America, than contracting rabies from a puppy.
    Yea. By .0000008%.
    I find your lack of faith...disturbing...

    -Darth Vader

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Critical Acclaim
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO