Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,408x in 1,674 Posts
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Yeah, going vegan only works if you don't have genetic impediments that will cause you to die from an inability to process the good veggies properly. It's the same kind of problem that the Inuit (Eskimo etc) people have with eating most vegetables and carbs. Their DNA isn't adapted to it, so it makes them unhealthy. On the other hand they are just fine eating raw seal meat and raw fish.
    I was in supreme health when I ate all vegan though. I just happened to have a few bad episodes that made me sick. First was Hanford, but that made my whole family sick meat eaters and all. Then the pharmaceutical that was the worst. But as far as health I was well nourished, and had great blood pressure and cholesterol. It was hard on the stomach though. But I was ok with that. It does make sense though. I hadn't heard of people not being able to eat the vegan way because of genetics. But it does make sense. But after getting sick from the pharmaceutical I couldn't eat properly anymore, and I lost quite a bit of weight during that time that I was on the medication. I couldn't hold food down. I had no idea I was being poisoned.

Like I watched a documentary once that talked about people whos grandparents went through the dust bowl or the depression and experienced some kind of famine, that even though the great grandchild hadn't gone through it those genes were passed onto them as though they had. It had something to do with the epigenetics of how the genes expressed themselves and remembered the starvation, and their bodies were more likely to store fats. It was pretty interesting the stuff you said makes me remember that.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Dr. Who (05-15-2019)

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 2,646
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,950x in 2,021 Posts
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    I was in supreme health when I ate all vegan though. I just happened to have a few bad episodes that made me sick. First was Hanford, but that made my whole family sick meat eaters and all. Then the pharmaceutical that was the worst. But as far as health I was well nourished, and had great blood pressure and cholesterol. It was hard on the stomach though. But I was ok with that. It does make sense though. I hadn't heard of people not being able to eat the vegan way because of genetics. But it does make sense. But after getting sick from the pharmaceutical I couldn't eat properly anymore, and I lost quite a bit of weight during that time that I was on the medication. I couldn't hold food down. I had no idea I was being poisoned.

Like I watched a documentary once that talked about people whos grandparents went through the dust bowl or the depression and experienced some kind of famine, that even though the great grandchild hadn't gone through it those genes were passed onto them as though they had. It had something to do with the epigenetics of how the genes expressed themselves and remembered the starvation, and their bodies were more likely to store fats. It was pretty interesting the stuff you said makes me remember that.
    Genetics have a lot to do with how our stomachs process food and as we age, our stomachs get less efficient, so where at one point you were having tummy upsets but still absorbing the nutrition that you needed, it was OK, but as that efficiency derived from a bit of stray DNA that allowed you to cope declined, you got sick. An interesting investigation would be to determine where most of your particular DNA hails from and the historical diets of those people.
    "The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread