Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,396x in 27,953 Posts
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety View Post
    You misspelled "conservatives".
    No. I didn't. The Southerners during the civil war era were white Democrats. The white Republicans were the ones who wanted slavery ended. Further, it was white Democrats who created the Jim Crow laws and opposed defending full rights for southern Black men and women.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

Captdon (05-16-2019),Sergeant Gleed (05-17-2019)

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Safety's Avatar Nationalist
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,901x in 15,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    No. I didn't. The Southerners during the civil war era were white Democrats. The white Republicans were the ones who wanted slavery ended. Further, it was white Democrats who created the Jim Crow laws and opposed defending full rights for southern Black men and women.
    You err when you focus on party, because both parties had liberal and conservative members. Ideology is the only measure that can be qualified by their views towards $#@!es. We have documented fact that Jefferson Davis and his VP Alexander H. Stephens both viewed $#@!es having their natural condition in life as serving white people, common sense would dictate that juxtaposing that mindset with the mindset of conservatives who constantly make derogatory comments towards black people, you will see not only a direct link to the ideology that plagued that time, but how it has changed little today. I can only thank the CRA voting breakdown that showed how each geographical area voted for the act, for that little nugget of history proves that those with the white nationalist agenda will continue to try and whitewash history.

So, by all means please continue to try, because it only exposes your intentions.
    “Conscientiously believing that the proper condition of the negro is slavery, or a complete subjection to the white man, and entertaining the belief that the day is not distant when the old Union will be restored with slavery nationally declared to be the proper condition of all of African descent, and in view of the future harmony and progress of all the States of America, I have been induced to issue this address, so that there may be no misunderstanding in the future”

- Jefferson Davis

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 70.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You err when you focus on party, because both parties had liberal and conservative members. Ideology is the only measure that can be qualified by their views towards $#@!es. We have documented fact that Jefferson Davis and his VP Alexander H. Stephens both viewed $#@!es having their natural condition in life as serving white people, common sense would dictate that juxtaposing that mindset with the mindset of conservatives who constantly make derogatory comments towards black people, you will see not only a direct link to the ideology that plagued that time, but how it has changed little today. I can only thank the CRA voting breakdown that showed how each geographical area voted for the act, for that little nugget of history proves that those with the white nationalist agenda will continue to try and whitewash history.

So, by all means please continue to try, because it only exposes your intentions.
    Jefferson Davis - Democrat
    A. Stephens - Democrat.

The majority of the people opposed - Democrats.

You? Democrat.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

countryboy (05-16-2019)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,167x in 27,728 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Correct and oh as to party. Democrats were hanging white Republicans. Because they were Republican and against slavery.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (05-16-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jefferson Davis - Democrat
    A. Stephens - Democrat.

The majority of the people opposed - Democrats.

You? Democrat.
    If they were alive today, both of them would be either Trump's AG and SoS...your team.
    “Conscientiously believing that the proper condition of the negro is slavery, or a complete subjection to the white man, and entertaining the belief that the day is not distant when the old Union will be restored with slavery nationally declared to be the proper condition of all of African descent, and in view of the future harmony and progress of all the States of America, I have been induced to issue this address, so that there may be no misunderstanding in the future”

- Jefferson Davis

Overall activity: 70.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they were alive today, both of them would be either Trump's AG and SoS...your team.
    It seems unlikely. First they would be far too old. Second, the Republican party is not the racist party. The Democrat party is.

Your team.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

Captdon (05-16-2019)

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 261
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Collateral Damage's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,872x in 4,196 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody is $#@!ing ignoring history, there's a reason we have things called museums. That argument is like telling Germany to keep the swastika flag flying because we might forget what the nazis did. We don't honor pieces of $#@! like al-Qaeda in this country, so there is no reason to honor the first domestic terrorists.
    The point is obviously lost on you with a response like that.

Learn what a 'Domestic Terrorist' actually is, so you can apply the term appropriately in the future.

Oh, BTW, your hatred is showing.....
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." -- James Madison

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Collateral Damage For This Useful Post:

countryboy (05-16-2019),MisterVeritis (05-17-2019),MMC (05-16-2019)

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,272
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    jimmyz's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,315x in 4,381 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They renamed a mountain here years ago. Squaw Peak is now Piestewa Peak. Apparently the word squaw was deemed offensive like CSA leaders are today.
    " I'm old-fashioned. I like two sexes! And another thing, all of a sudden I don't like being married to what is known as a 'new woman'. I want a wife, not a competitor. Competitor! Competitor!" - Spencer Tracy in 'Adam's Rib' (1949)

Art thou every retard among us related to thine uncle or mistress by way of moral or illegitimate rendezvous? Thus, we are one side of the other's coin by luck or pluck. - Jimmyz

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems unlikely. First they would be far too old. Second, the Republican party is not the racist party. The Democrat party is.

Your team.
    Thanks for playing, please continue to be as wrong as you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Collateral Damage View Post
    The point is obviously lost on you with a response like that.

Learn what a 'Domestic Terrorist' actually is, so you can apply the term appropriately in the future.

Oh, BTW, your hatred is showing.....
    I already know what a domestic terrorist is, and I used it appropriately in my post. I couldn't care less that you have heartburn over me posting facts, I guess you can just suck it up.

"hatred"? You confuse hatred for total amusement of the fact that I can still school those with the most divisive and evil ideology known as conservatism.

- Jefferson Davis

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 261
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Collateral Damage's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,872x in 4,196 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I already know what a domestic terrorist is, and I used it appropriately in my post. I couldn't care less that you have heartburn over me posting facts, I guess you can just suck it up.
    "hatred"? You confuse hatred for total amusement of the fact that I can still school those with the most divisive and evil ideology known as conservatism.
    No, obviously you don't, perhaps as I suggested earlier, you find out what it is, so you can actually use it appropriately.

Evil? I wouldn't call it evil, just as I wouldn't call Democrats evil. Confused on both sides, obviously. You've schooled no one, but you are welcome to continue believe you have.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." -- James Madison

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Collateral Damage For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (05-17-2019)

+ Reply to Thread