User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Abortion Responsibility & Hypocricy The most controvercial subject of all

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 2,250
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,050x in 8,898 Posts
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abby08 View Post
    Not that you'd believe it, but, I did work for Planned Parenthood a long time ago and, I did see a couple of women who did use abortions as their birth control.... One, even passed on discussion about various types of birth control methods and stated, " I'll just have another abortion,".

Guess who paid for her 6 abortions? Hint.... she was on Medicaid.
    As in anything, there will always be outliers. You can't make the outliers the foundation of your argument. Anyone who doesn't want to be pregnant is not going to voluntarily remain pregnant if they have a choice. The morning after pill is by far the most sane solution. It should be available for free in massive quantities. Assuming that you can affect the sexual behavior of people through religious creed today is a waste of time in terms of public policy. It didn't even work that well in the past but did result in an awful lot of orphanages. Like it or not, unwanted pregnancies are not going to stop happening.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

FindersKeepers (05-17-2019),Just AnotherPerson (05-17-2019),Rationalist (05-22-2019)

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 2,009
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Common Sense's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 16,124x in 11,355 Posts
    Mentioned
    545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the baby isn't viable, why does the doctor have to kill it? That, would be a miscarriage, not an abortion.

You really don't know, do you, how often partial birth abortions are performed? Who's to say, it's not a lot more than anyone knows? Do you think they publish the numbers?

It's just a matter of what side you come down on, as to what you believe to be the truth.
    Babies are sometimes born, but are suffering from severe birth defects or congenital failures that will result in certain death. Rather than allow them to die prolonged deaths, they are euthanized. It's a kindness that is heartbreaking and not taken lightly. We allow our pets to die with dignity and end their suffering, but for some reason humans shouldn't?

They do indeed record and publish the statistics and partial birth abortions account for 0.17% of abortions.

https://www.guttmacher.org/journals/...ed-states-2000

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 795
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cletus's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 27,486x in 15,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    Many people who do not believe in abortion, also do not believe in social welfare. They vehemently disagree with programs like free shcool lunch, WIC the program that gives babies milk, and little kids milk, and cereal, and other necessary nutruition. They disagree with programs like food stamps, and medicaid.

The thing is that you would force another person to have a child. You would impose your will on thier bodies and thier lives.

Here is where you screwed up. No one is forcing anyone to have a child. Pregnancy is a natural result of sexual intercourse. Unless the woman was raped, she CHOSE to engage in activities that could lead to pregnancy. No one forced her to do that. She needs to either be willing to accept responsibility for her actions or not engage in them.
    “Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.” - Barry Goldwater

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cletus For This Useful Post:

Abby08 (05-17-2019),Captdon (05-17-2019),Cotton1 (05-17-2019),MMC (05-17-2019),Sergeant Gleed (05-19-2019)

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 2,596
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,717x in 16,157 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Oh, come off it! Most of what you say, is bull$#@!, the rest, is trolling..... you're forever trying to get a rise outta people....your rants never change

Fact.....if you get pregnant, it isn't the responsibility of anyone else, to, ' help' you raise the kid.....if you're gonna play, be prepared to pay....if I didn't have a part in the child's creation, I don't want to help support it

If women can't have abortions, for unwanted pregnancies, maybe they'll keep their legs closed.
    Bingo. Its not the responsibility of the general public to take care of others snotnoses. Liberals hate accountability.
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
    Here is where you screwed up. No one is forcing anyone to have a child. Pregnancy is a natural result of sexual intercourse. Unless the woman was raped, she CHOSE to engage in activities that could lead to pregnancy. No one forced her to do that. She needs to either be willing to accept responsibility for her actions or not engage in them.
    Well stated.
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cotton1 For This Useful Post:

Captdon (05-17-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense View Post
    Babies are sometimes born, but are suffering from severe birth defects or congenital failures that will result in certain death. Rather than allow them to die prolonged deaths, they are euthanized. It's a kindness that is heartbreaking and not taken lightly. We allow our pets to die with dignity and end their suffering, but for some reason humans shouldn't?

They do indeed record and publish the statistics and partial birth abortions account for 0.17% of abortions.

https://www.guttmacher.org/journals/...ed-states-2000
    If we know for sure the baby will end up a liberal we can raise the abortion age to 14 for all I care. Then we have Mexicans etc that breed like hamsters. After they have 412 kids they start using abortion for birth control. If not they have to buy a second car
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,723
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    gamewell45's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,568x in 4,623 Posts
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not that you'd believe it, but, I did work for Planned Parenthood a long time ago and, I did see a couple of women who did use abortions as their birth control.... One, even passed on discussion about various types of birth control methods and stated, " I'll just have another abortion,".

Guess who paid for her 6 abortions? Hint.... she was on Medicaid.
    And if she didn't have those 6 abortions and she & the father of the child refused to take each child home from the hospital, guess who'd be paying for the child's care and supervision? Hint.......the state taxpayers.
    God Bless America, God Bless our Military and God Bless the Police who defended the country against the insurgents on January 6, 2021

Think 3rd party for 2024 folks. Clean up America.

Once I tell you that we agree to disagree there will be no more discussion between us in the thread so please don't waste your time continuing to argue your points because I will not respond.

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 2,009
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Common Sense's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 16,124x in 11,355 Posts
    Mentioned
    545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotton1 View Post
    If we know for sure the baby will end up a liberal we can raise the abortion age to 14 for all I care. Then we have Mexicans etc that breed like hamsters. After they have 412 kids they start using abortion for birth control. If not they have to buy a second car
    We can always count on you for a rational and reasonable dialogue.

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 2,210
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,555x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I thought I was responding to JAP..... please excuse.

I never told anyone to, f-off.
    First of all Abby this was the first abortion thread I have ever made. Also it has been a very long time since I have made a long OP. Only in the last few days. For months now I have been posting news link threads and that is all. I rarely ever talk about abortion. Only twice have I replied to a post about abortion in the last three years that I have been posting here. And one of them was today in another thread.

There is a reason for this thread. I did not just bring it up out of no where. The reason is that every day I mean every single day someone says I am pro abortion and flips out on me, and they don't even know my stance on it. I purposefully do not engage with them when they talk about it because I don't like the subject, and it is too complicated to explain. I was told no its not, it is yes or no. So here it is by demand, I have taken the time to explain why I see it the way I do and what my views are. It is for the record. I went into deep detail from my own personal experiences and what I said is how I feel, because of the things I have seen in the world through my own experience.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Common Sense (05-17-2019)

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 2,210
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,555x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense View Post
    That's why I often refrain from debating abortion. It's always fraught with emotion and hyperbole.

Quite often the arguments against abortion paint the opponents as cartoonish murderous uncaring monsters who want nothing more than to murder babies. To some, pro choice advocates are evil people who take the decisions lightly or even take joy in it. There's also the allegation that proponents have a hidden racist agenda.

It's also often asserted that those who choose to do it are always irresponsible $#@!s who use abortion as a casual method of birth control...the doctors who perform it are getting rich off baby parts. And as you said, the statistically rare late term or live birth abortions are painted as commonplace and not something that is carefully considered and only done in extreme necessity.

Essentially, it's difficult to debate a topic when rational arguments are replaced with accusations of being an evil, racist, child hating proponent of murder.
    I agree with you 100%. I don't like to debate the subject on abortion either. This is the first thread I have ever made on the subject. I have only responded twice ever in my three years posting here on abortion because I don't like to debate the subject at all. One of those responses was today in another thread, and now this thread.

But every single day someone is telling me I am a pro abortion baby killer without even knowing my stance, and for a long time now I just keep ignoring them. I told them I cant just give a short answer on it, because it is a very complicated matter. I was told that no it is not, you believe in it or you don't. But it is not like that for me.

So this thread was made to set the record straight. I had to go into detail to make the points understood. I had to use my own personal experiences to show why I see things the way I do. But this is not a subject that one would engage in for fun. It is a tough subject.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Common Sense (05-17-2019)

+ Reply to Thread