Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 16,124x in 11,355 Posts
    Mentioned
    545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    Look, I try not to wade into this discussion as my position is moral and religiously based. I understand that people disagree with my position, just like my opposition to the death penalty. I am never going to convince you and you're never going to convince me. The reality is that I have seen and heard an alarming number of clips in the past 6-8 months discussing and pushing abortion up to birth and even ones advocating for some cute term on how to handle it if the baby (my word) survives the abortion attempt. I can't tell you whether it's "the left" overall that's doing this but those clips are out there and they are becoming more and more frequent. Your continued insistence that we didn't hear or see what I know I heard and saw is disingenuous. Frankly, I can't believe you can't recall the discussions from just a few months ago.
    I don't normally wade into the abortion arguments.

I honestly haven't seen the clips.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Common Sense For This Useful Post:

DGUtley (05-17-2019),Just AnotherPerson (05-17-2019)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,167x in 27,728 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense View Post
    I don't normally wade into the abortion arguments.

I honestly haven't seen the clips.

There is always focus on Democrats.

Dems in Two States Are Pushing Controversial Late-Term ...

https://ijr.com/dems-states-pushing-controversial-late-term-abortion-bills
    As the controversy still boils over the late-term abortion bill passing in the state of New York and the bill trying to slide by in Virginia but falling short, two other states are following close ...
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 81,549x in 55,058 Posts
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The left haven't pushed for abortion extremes. The right has latched onto late term abortion and are disingenuously suggesting liberals want no limits on abortion and are joyfully murdering full term babies as a pastime.

Late term abortions account for 0.17% of abortions.

Abortion is an extreme.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Abby08 (05-17-2019),Captdon (05-17-2019),MMC (05-17-2019),Tahuyaman (05-17-2019)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eight states and Washington, D.C., allow abortion until birth for any reason (Alaska, Colorado, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, Oregon, Vermont, and New York). The preborn child in the United States does not have any rights until he or she exits a woman’s body. Dr. Anthony Levatino describes an abortion procedure performed 25 weeks to term:....snip~

What are late-term abortions and who gets them? - The ...

www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2019/02/06/tough-questions-answers-late-term-abortions-law-wom…
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (05-17-2019)

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 2,150
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,270x in 12,392 Posts
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    That is true. I have seen video and heard audio of it being espoused on tv - and it has been discussed here. I oppose disingenuous arguments to cover for radical extremism- which this is. The clips are there. Go find them.
    You claim they exist, DG - why don't you find them? And while we're at it, we could no doubt find a clip or two of some Trump supporter advocating for gunning down illegal border crossers, or for sending all Black people "back to Africa", or in favor of some other "extreme" position. Do I therefore get to trumpet that "the Right" wants to do those things? What is wrong with you today?
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

Common Sense (05-17-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's difficult to have a rational discussion with people who are basing their arguments on fiction and who think the left won't be happy until they can freely murder babies.
    So far in this thread, 'Common' (a Moderator!) 'DGUtley' and 'MMC' have been guilty of flat out lying about "the Left". Is this some folks' idea of posting in good faith?
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

Common Sense (05-17-2019)

Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 81,549x in 55,058 Posts
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    You claim they exist, DG - why don't you find them? And while we're at it, we could no doubt find a clip or two of some Trump supporter advocating for gunning down illegal border crossers, or for sending all Black people "back to Africa", or in favor of some other "extreme" position. Do I therefore get to trumpet that "the Right" wants to do those things? What is wrong with you today?
    Wow, great tu quoque!!
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Captdon (05-17-2019)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    So far in this thread, 'Common' (a Moderator!) 'DGUtley' and 'MMC' have been guilty of flat out lying about "the Left". Is this some folks' idea of posting in good faith?
    Try again Wolf. Back your play.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

Captdon (05-17-2019)

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 2,009
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Common Sense's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 16,124x in 11,355 Posts
    Mentioned
    545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Eight states and Washington, D.C., allow abortion until birth for any reason (Alaska, Colorado, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, Oregon, Vermont, and New York). The preborn child in the United States does not have any rights until he or she exits a woman’s body. Dr. Anthony Levatino describes an abortion procedure performed 25 weeks to term:....snip~

What are late-term abortions and who gets them? - The ...

www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2019/02/06/tough-questions-answers-late-term-abortions-law-wom…
    From your link...

"President Trump repeated the misleading assertion in his State of the Union address, stating, “New York cheered with delight upon the passage of legislation that would allow a baby to be ripped from the mother’s womb moments before birth.” The New York law allows for women after 24 weeks of pregnancy to get an abortion if “there is an absence of fetal viability, or the abortion is necessary to protect the patient’s life or health.”"

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC
    https://townhall.com/columnists/michaelbrown/2019/02/02/the-governor-of-virginia-lets...
    For those who question whether abortion is really “baby killing,” the governor of Virginia, Ralph Northam, has left us no doubt.

Earlier in the week, it was reported that, “During a radio interview on Wednesday morning, Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam (D) seemed to endorse killing an infant after it has already been delivered alive (specifically, in the case of a baby surviving an abortion).

“In the scenario described by Northam, a baby would be born alive and resuscitated if necessary, and then doctors and the mother could ‘have a discussion’ which, based on context, would determine whether or not the child would be killed. While pro-life advocates view all abortion as infanticide, what Northam described would be infanticide by any definition.”
    And when did some politician I've never heard of become the voice of "the Left"? I don't know a single medical or legal professional (or anyone else) who would agree with what he reportedly said.

+ Reply to Thread