User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: An Example of The Lessenig of Racism under Trump

  1. #11
    Points: 458,710, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    397115
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    149,260
    Points
    458,710
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    15,412
    Thanked 44,690x in 32,886 Posts
    Mentioned
    1718 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense View Post
    See Common's threads on illegal aliens committing crimes. Funny, I haven't seen you telling him that single incidents aren't generalizable.
    You responded to my post not common's. Your response had nothing to do with what I posted. Thus the huh?

    Argument from hypocrisy is a fallacy.
    Edmund Burke: "In vain you tell me that Artificial Government is good, but that I fall out only with the Abuse. The Thing! the Thing itself is the Abuse!"

  2. #12
    Points: 458,710, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    397115
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    149,260
    Points
    458,710
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    15,412
    Thanked 44,690x in 32,886 Posts
    Mentioned
    1718 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    Did they chant. " kill all black cops? Now, that's racism.
    No, they just dressed up...

    Edmund Burke: "In vain you tell me that Artificial Government is good, but that I fall out only with the Abuse. The Thing! the Thing itself is the Abuse!"

  3. #13
    Points: 15,755, Level: 30
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 695
    Overall activity: 81.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered10000 Experience PointsSocial
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    1469
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Memphis and Arkansas
    Posts
    4,785
    Points
    15,755
    Level
    30
    Thanks Given
    1,340
    Thanked 1,461x in 1,114 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Duly note that since Trump has been in office blacks stopped tearing up their own cities on cue from the White House
    "I stand alone and take back something worth remembering"

  4. #14
    Points: 15,755, Level: 30
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 695
    Overall activity: 81.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered10000 Experience PointsSocial
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    1469
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Memphis and Arkansas
    Posts
    4,785
    Points
    15,755
    Level
    30
    Thanks Given
    1,340
    Thanked 1,461x in 1,114 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    No, they just dressed up...

    Disgusting.
    "I stand alone and take back something worth remembering"

  5. #15
    Points: 79,068, Level: 68
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 982
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Common Sense's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    929650
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    36,871
    Points
    79,068
    Level
    68
    Thanks Given
    13,389
    Thanked 14,571x in 10,193 Posts
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    You responded to my post not common's. Your response had nothing to do with what I posted. Thus the huh?

    Argument from hypocrisy is a fallacy.
    I was simply pointing out your selective criticism. Your argument has no real merit because it's only applied selectively based on partisanship.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Common Sense For This Useful Post:

    Just AnotherPerson (05-17-2019)

  7. #16
    Points: 458,710, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    397115
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    149,260
    Points
    458,710
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    15,412
    Thanked 44,690x in 32,886 Posts
    Mentioned
    1718 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense View Post
    I was simply pointing out your selective criticism. Your argument has no real merit because it's only applied selectively based on partisanship.
    Argument from hypocrisy is a fallacy. Meaning your argument. It has no validity.

    And who is so ignorant as to argue that it's untrue that single incidents are not generalizable?
    Edmund Burke: "In vain you tell me that Artificial Government is good, but that I fall out only with the Abuse. The Thing! the Thing itself is the Abuse!"

  8. #17
    Points: 79,068, Level: 68
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 982
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Common Sense's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    929650
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    36,871
    Points
    79,068
    Level
    68
    Thanks Given
    13,389
    Thanked 14,571x in 10,193 Posts
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Argument from hypocrisy is a fallacy. Meaning your argument. It has no validity.

    And who is so ignorant as to argue that it's untrue that single incidents are not generalizable?
    Back on the fallacy train again? Cool.

    Hey, I agree that single incidents are not evidence of generalities. However, when your application of that argument seems to be used selectively and on a partisan basis, it makes me doubt you actually believe it.

  9. #18
    Points: 138,873, Level: 89
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 577
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    455665
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    47,740
    Points
    138,873
    Level
    89
    Thanks Given
    9,190
    Thanked 28,389x in 18,004 Posts
    Mentioned
    972 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    That MJ jersey is lit.
    Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me.
    --Immanuel Kant

  10. #19
    Points: 458,710, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    397115
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    149,260
    Points
    458,710
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    15,412
    Thanked 44,690x in 32,886 Posts
    Mentioned
    1718 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense View Post
    Back on the fallacy train again? Cool.

    Hey, I agree that single incidents are not evidence of generalities. However, when your application of that argument seems to be used selectively and on a partisan basis, it makes me doubt you actually believe it.

    Good you agree, bad you can't help but be fallacious.

    It's a logic kick, good arguments require logic.
    Edmund Burke: "In vain you tell me that Artificial Government is good, but that I fall out only with the Abuse. The Thing! the Thing itself is the Abuse!"

  11. #20
    Points: 79,068, Level: 68
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 982
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Common Sense's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    929650
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    36,871
    Points
    79,068
    Level
    68
    Thanks Given
    13,389
    Thanked 14,571x in 10,193 Posts
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Good you agree, bad you can't help but be fallacious.

    It's a logic kick, good arguments require logic.
    ...add some integrity and you'll actually have something.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Critical Acclaim
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO