User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sad. Grumpy Cat, the grouchy-faced furball that launched a thousand memes, has died.

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 84
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered10000 Experience PointsSocial
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,013x in 793 Posts
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    knock knock , its k-notts. Open up Cotton. Ok, I love animals, I miss dead grandma, I cried when I saw a dog hit by a car. Have I opened up enough for you K-notts? It makes me uncomfy..

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cotton1 For This Useful Post:

Dr. Who (05-18-2019)

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 2,854
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,506x in 2,401 Posts
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abby08 View Post
    Cats with UTI's don't just urinate in the box, they go everywhere, because they're uncomfortable and, feel like they have to go constantly, they may look like they're straining, they may yowl from discomfort/pain, there may be blood present.

With more than one cat, take both to the vet, if you aren't sure which it is but, it's pretty easy to know which one, if you pay attention to your cats/know their normal behaviors.
    Many cats do their business outside and many people work and are not home to observe their pet's elimination. Some people put litter boxes in the furthest corner of the basement or use covered litterboxes where they can't readily observe what's happening. Other people are wearing headphones all the time and can't hear anything. It's also possible that people may attribute inappropriate urination to behavioral issues.

At any rate, once the cat has a UTI, it doesn't always respond to treatment, so even if you are really responsible and observe your cat, the UTI may resist treatment.
    "The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 84
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered10000 Experience PointsSocial
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,013x in 793 Posts
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Many cats do their business outside and many people work and are not home to observe their pet's elimination. Some people put litter boxes in the furthest corner of the basement or use covered litterboxes where they can't readily observe what's happening. Other people are wearing headphones all the time and can't hear anything. It's also possible that people may attribute inappropriate urination to behavioral issues.

At any rate, once the cat has a UTI, it doesn't always respond to treatment, so even if you are really responsible and observe your cat, the UTI may resist treatment.
    People who let their cats outside should be bludgeoned. Its our duty to protect them. If I let a cat out and it became victim of "fowl" play I would never forgive myself.
    knock knock , its k-notts. Open up Cotton. Ok, I love animals, I miss dead grandma, I cried when I saw a dog hit by a car. Have I opened up enough for you K-notts? It makes me uncomfy..

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 75,887x in 51,347 Posts
    Mentioned
    2210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotton1 View Post
    People who let their cats outside should be bludgeoned. Its our duty to protect them. If I let a cat out and it became victim of "fowl" play I would never forgive myself.
    I had a cat who hated being indoors. I ended up giving him to my mom since my neighbors were telling me the cat was crying and making noise when I was gone. My mom lives in a swamp and that cat spent a lot of time there. He got scratched up a few times but lived a long happy life finally dying of old age. He was a gray tabby. And a fighter.
    Molon labe
    Please visit my blog http://thepoliticalforums.com/blogs/peter/
    (If a post link does not work, see the archives- it should work there.)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Ethereal (05-18-2019)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,362x in 10,183 Posts
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Grumpy Cat, arguably the internet's most popular cat and one of its first viral memes, has died aged 7.

The furry sensation's family announced her death on Twitter on Friday.

"We are unimaginably heartbroken to announce the loss of our beloved Grumpy Cat," Tabatha Bundesen, Grumpy Cat's owner, said. https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/17/celeb...cli/index.html

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D6weC9GU8AAv0Hl.jpg

Poor thing. Grumpy Cat, real name Tardar Sauce, died as a result of a urinary tract infection. She suffered from feline dwarfism which caused the under bite that gave her that grumpy looking face.
    http://thepoliticalforums.com/thread...star-dies-at-7
    Don't only Practice your Art, but force your way into its Secrets, For it and Knowledge can Raise men to the Divine!!!!! Ludwig Van Beethoven ~

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 3,350
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 27,939x in 17,714 Posts
    Mentioned
    970 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotton1 View Post
    Cats are meant to live outdoors. It's where they're happiest.
    Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me.
    --Immanuel Kant

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,382
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,101x in 5,270 Posts
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Cats are meant to live outdoors. It's where they're happiest.
    Domestic cats are, for the most part, no more equipped to survive for any length of time outdoors than are domestic dogs. And a lot depends on where the "outdoors" is. Where I live, in Arizona, we have coyotes, great horned owls and other predators who can end a cat's life in a matter of seconds. (I lost my big, ten-year-old orange buddy to a coyote almost twenty years ago.) We have had several cats, including one who lives with us now, who were rescued from the outdoor life, and they had absolutely no desire to return to that life once they'd sampled life in a house. In fact, this last Thursday, the wind blew the front door open and the year-old orange tabby, Gonzo, whom the wife rescued from the post office parking garage, wandered out into the front yard. He took one look around, went "Oh, sh*t!" and high-tailed it back inside.
    "It is a foolish man who believes that he possesses all of the answers unless he is absolutely certain that he has heard all of the questions." - me

"At some point when you create yourself to make it, you're going to have to either let that creation go and take a chance on being loved or hated for who you really are, or you're going to have to kill who you really are and fall into your grave grasping a character you never were." - Jim Carrey

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

Dr. Who (05-18-2019)

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    mamooth's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 157x in 119 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some cats refuse to live inside. If taken inside, they'll spend their lives waiting for you to crack the door open so they can dash out, or they'll claw their way out through a supposedly cat-proof window screen. If they absolutely want to live outside, you can't realistically stop them.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mamooth For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (07-09-2019)

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,382
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,101x in 5,270 Posts
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We have another orange tabby named Rutger who insists on going out with the dogs when we let them outside in the back yard. He's one of those cats who "squeaks" rather than meows, and if we don't let him out when the dogs go, he stands there and squeaks at us in an outraged way until we do. He goes out, sniffs things, eats grass, and then comes back in when we call the dogs. The only time we refuse to let him out is at night, because we have a couple of great horned owls who live in some trees in a neighboring yard and one of them would have no problem carrying him off. It's even a risk letting him out during daylight hours, but I suspect the dogs would deter the owls - maybe even protect our little orange tiger-dog if it came to that.
    "It is a foolish man who believes that he possesses all of the answers unless he is absolutely certain that he has heard all of the questions." - me

"At some point when you create yourself to make it, you're going to have to either let that creation go and take a chance on being loved or hated for who you really are, or you're going to have to kill who you really are and fall into your grave grasping a character you never were." - Jim Carrey

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (07-09-2019)

+ Reply to Thread