User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sad. Grumpy Cat, the grouchy-faced furball that launched a thousand memes, has died.

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 530
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,504x in 16,031 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cotton1 For This Useful Post:

Dr. Who (05-18-2019)

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 2,888
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,929x in 8,807 Posts
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abby08 View Post
    Cats with UTI's don't just urinate in the box, they go everywhere, because they're uncomfortable and, feel like they have to go constantly, they may look like they're straining, they may yowl from discomfort/pain, there may be blood present.

With more than one cat, take both to the vet, if you aren't sure which it is but, it's pretty easy to know which one, if you pay attention to your cats/know their normal behaviors.
    Many cats do their business outside and many people work and are not home to observe their pet's elimination. Some people put litter boxes in the furthest corner of the basement or use covered litterboxes where they can't readily observe what's happening. Other people are wearing headphones all the time and can't hear anything. It's also possible that people may attribute inappropriate urination to behavioral issues.

At any rate, once the cat has a UTI, it doesn't always respond to treatment, so even if you are really responsible and observe your cat, the UTI may resist treatment.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 530
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,504x in 16,031 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Many cats do their business outside and many people work and are not home to observe their pet's elimination. Some people put litter boxes in the furthest corner of the basement or use covered litterboxes where they can't readily observe what's happening. Other people are wearing headphones all the time and can't hear anything. It's also possible that people may attribute inappropriate urination to behavioral issues.

At any rate, once the cat has a UTI, it doesn't always respond to treatment, so even if you are really responsible and observe your cat, the UTI may resist treatment.
    People who let their cats outside should be bludgeoned. Its our duty to protect them. If I let a cat out and it became victim of "fowl" play I would never forgive myself.
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,544x in 94,398 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotton1 View Post
    People who let their cats outside should be bludgeoned. Its our duty to protect them. If I let a cat out and it became victim of "fowl" play I would never forgive myself.
    I had a cat who hated being indoors. I ended up giving him to my mom since my neighbors were telling me the cat was crying and making noise when I was gone. My mom lives in a swamp and that cat spent a lot of time there. He got scratched up a few times but lived a long happy life finally dying of old age. He was a gray tabby. And a fighter.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Ethereal (05-18-2019)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Grumpy Cat, arguably the internet's most popular cat and one of its first viral memes, has died aged 7.

The furry sensation's family announced her death on Twitter on Friday.

"We are unimaginably heartbroken to announce the loss of our beloved Grumpy Cat," Tabatha Bundesen, Grumpy Cat's owner, said. https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/17/celeb...cli/index.html

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D6weC9GU8AAv0Hl.jpg

Poor thing. Grumpy Cat, real name Tardar Sauce, died as a result of a urinary tract infection. She suffered from feline dwarfism which caused the under bite that gave her that grumpy looking face.
    http://thepoliticalforums.com/thread...star-dies-at-7
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,536x in 26,005 Posts
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotton1 View Post
    Cats are meant to live outdoors. It's where they're happiest.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 879
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,087x in 12,282 Posts
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Cats are meant to live outdoors. It's where they're happiest.
    Domestic cats are, for the most part, no more equipped to survive for any length of time outdoors than are domestic dogs. And a lot depends on where the "outdoors" is. Where I live, in Arizona, we have coyotes, great horned owls and other predators who can end a cat's life in a matter of seconds. (I lost my big, ten-year-old orange buddy to a coyote almost twenty years ago.) We have had several cats, including one who lives with us now, who were rescued from the outdoor life, and they had absolutely no desire to return to that life once they'd sampled life in a house. In fact, this last Thursday, the wind blew the front door open and the year-old orange tabby, Gonzo, whom the wife rescued from the post office parking garage, wandered out into the front yard. He took one look around, went "Oh, sh*t!" and high-tailed it back inside.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

Dr. Who (05-18-2019)

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    mamooth's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,069x in 786 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some cats refuse to live inside. If taken inside, they'll spend their lives waiting for you to crack the door open so they can dash out, or they'll claw their way out through a supposedly cat-proof window screen. If they absolutely want to live outside, you can't realistically stop them.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mamooth For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (07-09-2019)

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 879
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,087x in 12,282 Posts
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We have another orange tabby named Rutger who insists on going out with the dogs when we let them outside in the back yard. He's one of those cats who "squeaks" rather than meows, and if we don't let him out when the dogs go, he stands there and squeaks at us in an outraged way until we do. He goes out, sniffs things, eats grass, and then comes back in when we call the dogs. The only time we refuse to let him out is at night, because we have a couple of great horned owls who live in some trees in a neighboring yard and one of them would have no problem carrying him off. It's even a risk letting him out during daylight hours, but I suspect the dogs would deter the owls - maybe even protect our little orange tiger-dog if it came to that.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (07-09-2019)

+ Reply to Thread