Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,121x in 94,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    2547 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    The last few years, a new device has become more popular with the robocallers; it puts a false number on your caller ID, often one with the same prefix as your number, so that at a glance it looks familiar to you and you'll be more likely to answer the call. Before I heard about this device, I actually called the displayed number back a couple of times, and got ahold of people who had no idea what I was talking about. Once someone called me because my number had come up on their caller ID in connection with a robocall, and I had to explain to them what had happened.

This is good news, but I would be surprised if these measures by the FCC and Congress did not contain at least some of the exemptions that previous rules have had - namely, an exemption for robocalling in connection with political campaigns. You really wouldn't expect politicians to do anything that cramped their own styles in that realm, would you?
    I got a call on my work phone like that. The guy said he was just returning a call to his phone.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,708x in 54,608 Posts
    Mentioned
    2009 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    Yeah thats another ripoff the cost of these damn cell phones. The new samsung over 2 grand because it folds.

I had a paid off Motorola for years, it died on me, my wifes phone was paid and verizon had a deal buy one get the other for half so I bought one for each of us.
    Got mine half price from Verizon. Still, expensive!

The Samsung fold creases.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 1,058
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,396x in 15,966 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    I got a call on my work phone like that. The guy said he was just returning a call to his phone.
    Curiosity killed the cat. It's amazing that anyone would be so curious as to return an unknown call. I have two numbers. One to give out and answer only if I feel they will come by if I don't ditch them upfront and the other that only 4 people have the number too. Of course I am a loner. As long as I have internet , tv and food I don't care if I see anyone for weeks at a time. The greater number of people , greater number of variables , greater number of variables , greater amount of problems, drama etc. I am thinking of moving two hours from here simply because I dont know anybody and vice versa. I am so sick of people it is becoming problematic.
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

+ Reply to Thread