Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,553x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Juicing and the new celery juice craze

I am not at all into any of the crazes. I ran across this new "craze" LoL where people are drinking celery juice. Many people say it works wonders for so many different things they say it cuts down your cravings for junk foods. They say it helps you to lose weight and cure illnesses. Some Dr's say it is dangerous, some say it is miraculous. Here is a link to a search on this. https://www.bing.com/search?q=celery...=en-US&PC=MSE1

I dont know about any of that stuff. But I love juicing. There is something to what these people say. I myself do notice that when I juice that I dont feel as hungry and can eat quite a bit less. Juicing really delivers the nutirents to us. I am not sure I would do the celery craze, but juicing itself is amazing. I thought I would share a few vids anyways. But I thought it would be fun to share some of our favorite juicing recipes and how they have benefitied us.

We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Collateral Damage (05-21-2019),DGUtley (05-21-2019),Orion Rules (05-21-2019)

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 513
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Collateral Damage's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,781x in 4,146 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've used plenty of celery in my various juices, but I don't do it becuae it's supposed to be some miraculous cure for something. Fresh celery has a pleasant 'green' flavor, if you want to call it that, and goes well with kiwi and lemon for a nice, bright drink.

Old celery, is stringy and bitter, the voice of experience.

I don't trust the 'flash in the pan' trends of the moment. I apply common sense as to fresh fruits and foods, and eat what tastes good.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." -- James Madison

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Collateral Damage For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (05-21-2019),MisterVeritis (05-21-2019),Peter1469 (05-21-2019)

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Collateral Damage View Post
    I've used plenty of celery in my various juices, but I don't do it becuae it's supposed to be some miraculous cure for something. Fresh celery has a pleasant 'green' flavor, if you want to call it that, and goes well with kiwi and lemon for a nice, bright drink.

Old celery, is stringy and bitter, the voice of experience.

I don't trust the 'flash in the pan' trends of the moment. I apply common sense as to fresh fruits and foods, and eat what tastes good.
    Well said, I totally agree. I love to drink celery juice by itself, but it tastes really good mixed with other vegetables and fruits as well. I like celery, carrot, and apple together. I think it is funny how people can create a craze or fad and say it like it is something new. People have been juicing for a long long time. I have been juicing since 2007 or so.

Then there is the adding juiced juice to blended stuff. Like banana, and strawberry and some dates, and juiced apple. I mean there are no rules, and no limits to what you can do. This is really good stuff.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 89.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,098x in 27,770 Posts
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post

Then there is the adding juiced juice to blended stuff. Like banana, and strawberry and some dates, and juiced apple. I mean there are no rules, and no limits to what you can do. This is really good stuff.
    Wait!

There are NO rules? Why wasn't I told?
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,272
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    jimmyz's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,315x in 4,381 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IIRC I read that celery was one of the foods to avoid because of pesticide contamination in commercial farming. I've avoided it since then. Man I miss Strawberries, for the same reason.
    " I'm old-fashioned. I like two sexes! And another thing, all of a sudden I don't like being married to what is known as a 'new woman'. I want a wife, not a competitor. Competitor! Competitor!" - Spencer Tracy in 'Adam's Rib' (1949)

Art thou every retard among us related to thine uncle or mistress by way of moral or illegitimate rendezvous? Thus, we are one side of the other's coin by luck or pluck. - Jimmyz

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmyz For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (05-21-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyz View Post
    IIRC I read that celery was one of the foods to avoid because of pesticide contamination in commercial farming. I've avoided it since then. Man I miss Strawberries, for the same reason.
    You could buy Organic celery. You could also grow your own strawberries in a pot. They have special planters for them. You could even grow tomatoes in a pot. Growing a few like that on the porch would be pretty easy. I quit buying strawberries too. @Trumpster posted an informative link on how they put antibiotics on the produce now. That was a total eye opener. You would be hard pressed to wash that crap off of a strawberry. I went to the store today, I stared at the strawberries for more than a few seconds, I almost put them in the cart. But I was like no don't do it. So I survived, I walked away from them, but just barely LoL.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL @ your strawberry conundrum at the grocery store.

I might grow produce at home if I could devote the time. Maybe after retirement in 15 years or so.
    " I'm old-fashioned. I like two sexes! And another thing, all of a sudden I don't like being married to what is known as a 'new woman'. I want a wife, not a competitor. Competitor! Competitor!" - Spencer Tracy in 'Adam's Rib' (1949)

Art thou every retard among us related to thine uncle or mistress by way of moral or illegitimate rendezvous? Thus, we are one side of the other's coin by luck or pluck. - Jimmyz

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyz View Post
    LOL @ your strawberry conundrum at the grocery store.

I might grow produce at home if I could devote the time. Maybe after retirement in 15 years or so.
    I can understand that. At my last house I had an awesome garden. I put a nice quality weed mat down, that I bought by the foot at the nursery. Then I put in drip lines that I connected to the underground sprinkler system. It was darn near a no maintenance garden. Except when they shut the irrigation off. That sucked, I was out watering by hand with city water. But other than that, if you set it up right it is not really much work at all.

The weed mat lasts several years. The drip lines too. So the cost is decent, it kind of pays for itself. I loved it. I grew so much stuff in that little area. It was more food than I could eat, cucumbers, tomatoes, tomatillos (for salsa) Peppers of so many kinds, Zuchini. I just bought the plants already sprouted from the nursery. I mean it was as easy as you can get. The most work is tying up the plants, and picking them, and removal in the fall. Totally worth it.

In 15 years do it the easy way. No weeding, no watering. Just plant, tie up as they grow, fertilize, and harvest away.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Orion Rules (05-21-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    I can understand that. At my last house I had an awesome garden. I put a nice quality weed mat down, that I bought by the foot at the nursery. Then I put in drip lines that I connected to the underground sprinkler system. It was darn near a no maintenance garden. Except when they shut the irrigation off. That sucked, I was out watering by hand with city water. But other than that, if you set it up right it is not really much work at all.

The weed mat lasts several years. The drip lines too. So the cost is decent, it kind of pays for itself. I loved it. I grew so much stuff in that little area. It was more food than I could eat, cucumbers, tomatoes, tomatillos (for salsa) Peppers of so many kinds, Zuchini. I just bought the plants already sprouted from the nursery. I mean it was as easy as you can get. The most work is tying up the plants, and picking them, and removal in the fall. Totally worth it.

In 15 years do it the easy way. No weeding, no watering. Just plant, tie up as they grow, fertilize, and harvest away.
    Thanks for that!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmyz For This Useful Post:

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,118x in 94,140 Posts
    Mentioned
    2547 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Juicing fresh organic veggies does create a refreshing drink.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread