User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: On the Moral Superiority of Flyover Country

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,905x in 54,720 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety View Post
    In talking about trolling and trolls, I wonder if $#@! like this is ever seen as trolling.

I’m sure if “others” were to engage in commentary like this, the mods would be swarmed with reports and action would have to be taken. But since it’s them, no worries.

Here I thought you all liberals fell to your collective knees to worship AOC.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    I've never said the coastal metro liberals are immoral degenerates. Just liberal elitists who think they are better than everyone else.

Powell Ohio doesn't really qualify as "Fly Over" country, so that analysis falls flat.
    Yeah I don't think anyone specified Coastal metro Liberals. But then you know how the leftness makes up its own alternate reality.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    Hit the "Report Post" button. No one's stopping you.
    No one in this thread was talking about trolls. So It would have to report itself.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassSocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    EvilCat Breath's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 965x in 637 Posts
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety View Post
    Right, because it's common knowledge that only liberals go to school. That does explain the lack of education on internet forums from the right.
    Libtards generally go to public indoctrination centers. That explains the lack of education in group think centers.

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 824
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesSocial10000 Experience Points
    Rationalist's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,992x in 1,378 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alexa View Post
    I've been told and have read many times that the degenerate liberals on the coasts are immoral, un-American and possessed of other less admirable traits, and that only the heartland really exemplifies the American ethic.

I've never believed that to be true- I don't think any part of America has a lock on the virtues of America, nor do I believe that any area is less American than another. I've lived in the Northeast most of my life, and I've never heard of anyone doing anything like this around here. Is this something that happens frequently out there or is it an outlier?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2019/05/21/students-may-have-put-bodily-fluids-crepes-served-teachers-police-are-investigating/?utm_term=.7e637c194f60
    The whole coasts vs. flyover country thing is outdated.

The real divide is urban vs. rural. Every state of a significant population size has major cultural differences between urban areas and rural ones. While the media is disproportionately focused in its urban echo chambers of NYC, LA, and San Fran, you can find similarities between smaller urban areas and major cities, just like you can find similarities between rural areas in different states.

My state of NC is a good example. Chapel Hill, Durham, and Raleigh are pretty liberal politically. If you drive for a half hour outside of their city limits, however, you'll find it's pretty conservative in those areas. You'll find that divide in most states.

On average, you'll also notice that the crime rates are substantially higher in urban areas than rural ones. Even though I'm a conservative, I'll admit that this can't just be chalked up to liberalism, however. I think the real issue is that, past a certain population density, a small but significant percentage of humans like to steal or victimize people. These same people are less active in their crimes in rural areas, usually because there's less to steal and fewer people to attack.

In short, urban areas can become a magnet for both good people and bad people. By virtue of having fewer people in general, it's easier to keep crime levels more manageable in rural areas.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rationalist For This Useful Post:

Common Sense (05-22-2019),nathanbforrest45 (05-22-2019),Standing Wolf (05-22-2019)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rationalist View Post

The real divide is urban vs. rural. Every state of a significant population size has major cultural differences between urban areas and rural ones. While the media is disproportionately focused in its urban echo chambers of NYC, LA, and San Fran, you can find similarities between smaller urban areas and major cities, just like you can find similarities between rural areas in different states.

My state of NC is a good example. Chapel Hill, Durham, and Raleigh are pretty liberal politically. If you drive for a half hour outside of their city limits, however, you'll find it's pretty conservative in those areas. You'll find that divide in most states.

On average, you'll also notice that the crime rates are substantially higher in urban areas than rural ones. Even though I'm a conservative, I'll admit that this can't just be chalked up to liberalism, however. I think the real issue is that, past a certain population density, a small but significant percentage of humans like to steal or victimize people. These same people are less active in their crimes in rural areas, usually because there's less to steal and fewer people to attack.

In short, urban areas can become a magnet for both good people and bad people. By virtue of having fewer people in general, it's easier to keep crime levels more manageable in rural areas.
    You have to remember the leftness was going with a Flamebait thread. Just didn't turn out like they thought.

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,837x in 10,134 Posts
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liberals are moral degenerates. They would have done this and then stole the crepes and eaten them.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    nathanbforrest45's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 16,261x in 10,568 Posts
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Here I thought you all liberals fell to your collective knees to worship AOC.
    Liberals never admit to anything. Nothing to a liberal is as it seems, no liberal has ever said what they were recorded saying not 10 minutes ago. Look at AOC and her 12 years prediction and Nancy Pelosi claiming she never said there was no crisis at the border.

Nope, nope, wasn't me must have been that other person who never said anything.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to nathanbforrest45 For This Useful Post:

Chris (05-22-2019)

Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,905x in 54,720 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rationalist View Post

If our cultural differences across America are merely politically ideological then the liberal (from classical to modern) project has succeeded. What was once a strong, holistic, hierarchical social order has had the life sucked out of it. And we are, in a Rousseauian sense, free, free at last.

April is the cruellest month, breeding
    Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing
    Memory and desire, stirring
    Dull roots with spring rain.
    Winter kept us warm, covering
    Earth in forgetful snow, feeding
    A little life with dried tubers....
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 824
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesSocial10000 Experience Points
    Rationalist's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,992x in 1,378 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    If our cultural differences across America are merely politically ideological then the liberal (from classical to modern) project has succeeded. What was once a strong, holistic, hierarchical social order has had the life sucked out of it. And we are, in a Rousseauian sense, free, free at last.

April is the cruellest month, breeding
    Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing
    Memory and desire, stirring
    Dull roots with spring rain.
    Winter kept us warm, covering
    Earth in forgetful snow, feeding
    A little life with dried tubers....
    There is truth to that, although I would argue the urban/rural divide is really a consequence of the Industrial Revolution. In plenty of non-Western societies, a similar divide exists.

+ Reply to Thread