User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: US to Triple Import of Russian Oil Amid Sanctions Against Venezuela - Report

  1. #1
    Points: 6,865, Level: 19
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 185
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered5000 Experience Points
    PJL's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    169
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,103
    Points
    6,865
    Level
    19
    Thanks Given
    24
    Thanked 159x in 134 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    US to Triple Import of Russian Oil Amid Sanctions Against Venezuela - Report

    "As of May 2019, US imports of Russian oil amounted to some five million barrels, while American refineries imported a total of 7.5 million barrels in all of 2018. The US has rapidly increased its oil imports from Russia, with a total of 13 tankers carrying five million barrels of crude and oil products arriving in the first half of May amid dropping Venezuelan crude production due to Washington's sanctions, Bloomberg reported, citing Caracas Capital Markets managing partner Russ Dallen. The latter described Russia's crude export as being "on steroids", stating that the import of Russian oil by American refineries is set to triple.".......https://sputniknews.com/us/201905211...t-russian-oil/

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to PJL For This Useful Post:

    IMPress Polly (05-25-2019)

  3. #2

    tPF Moderator
    Points: 68,645, Level: 63
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 105
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredYour first Group
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Karma
    168226
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Posts
    16,838
    Points
    68,645
    Level
    63
    Thanks Given
    5,966
    Thanked 13,488x in 7,756 Posts
    Mentioned
    458 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are we buying oil from anybody? We have enough of our own. Unless.... we are saving ours....
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

    bulletbob (06-01-2019)

  5. #3
    Points: 26,307, Level: 39
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 643
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredSocial25000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    20712
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    4,410
    Points
    26,307
    Level
    39
    Thanks Given
    4,199
    Thanked 2,676x in 1,839 Posts
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    Why are we buying oil from anybody? We have enough of our own. Unless.... we are saving ours....
    It is business. We sell it. They sell us theirs. Back scratching of sorts. We should be using it for ourselves but we are selling it instead. A lot of our oil is not the highest quality either.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

    DGUtley (05-22-2019)

  7. #4
    Original Ranter
    Points: 509,865, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 80.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    422847
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    153,937
    Points
    509,865
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    89,553
    Thanked 73,823x in 50,098 Posts
    Mentioned
    2195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    It is business. We sell it. They sell us theirs. Back scratching of sorts. We should be using it for ourselves but we are selling it instead. A lot of our oil is not the highest quality either.
    Right. A lot of our oil doesn't meet our environmental regulations for us to use, so we sell it to others. It is cheaper to buy than do the refining necessary to clean our oil to our standards.
    Molon labe
    Please visit my blog http://thepoliticalforums.com/blogs/peter/
    (If a post link does not work, see the archives- it should work there.)

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

    Just AnotherPerson (05-23-2019),Tahuyaman (05-22-2019)

  9. #5
    Points: 192,731, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    264297
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Bremerton Washington or Sayulita Mexico depending on the time of year.
    Posts
    85,061
    Points
    192,731
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    9,711
    Thanked 33,271x in 24,876 Posts
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PJL View Post
    "As of May 2019, US imports of Russian oil amounted to some five million barrels, while American refineries imported a total of 7.5 million barrels in all of 2018. The US has rapidly increased its oil imports from Russia, with a total of 13 tankers carrying five million barrels of crude and oil products arriving in the first half of May amid dropping Venezuelan crude production due to Washington's sanctions, Bloomberg reported, citing Caracas Capital Markets managing partner Russ Dallen. The latter described Russia's crude export as being "on steroids", stating that the import of Russian oil by American refineries is set to triple.".......https://sputniknews.com/us/201905211...t-russian-oil/
    Are US oil companies pulling that Russian crude oil out of the ground?

  10. #6
    Points: 192,731, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    264297
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Bremerton Washington or Sayulita Mexico depending on the time of year.
    Posts
    85,061
    Points
    192,731
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    9,711
    Thanked 33,271x in 24,876 Posts
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    Why are we buying oil from anybody? We have enough of our own. Unless.... we are saving ours....
    There are geo politcal reasons we trade in commodities With other nations.

  11. #7
    Points: 6,865, Level: 19
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 185
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered5000 Experience Points
    PJL's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    169
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,103
    Points
    6,865
    Level
    19
    Thanks Given
    24
    Thanked 159x in 134 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In short the US depends on imported oil . To keep the refineries ticking over , they need the low grade 'dirty" stuff that comes from Venezuela or Russia or the Canadian stuff from the tar sands . Koch Bros refineries can only work with this grade of oil.......that explains many things.

  12. #8
    Points: 91,483, Level: 73
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 767
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ransom's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    41827
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    31,467
    Points
    91,483
    Level
    73
    Thanks Given
    5,354
    Thanked 8,830x in 6,518 Posts
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Motored up to the drag races.....no Safety, not to Las Vegas to see men dressed as women......I'm talking top fuel dragsters. Funny Cars. ProMod and ProStock cars......Chevy's versus Fords. Took a 2017 Challenger T/A. Bad ass 392 packing 475+ horses and a suspension fer racin.

    Track temp 140+.

    The Ransom carbon footprint looks like a Yeti's. So does the entire posse's. And that's why we need to import. It's good business, it's good trade, it gives Russians American Dollars so they can buy our goods. And you should see the Russian that works at the bbq joint on the way.

    She looks like she could collude. Certainly built for collusion.
    People who enter the US without our permission are illegal aliens and illegal aliens should not be treated the same as people who entered the US legally

  13. #9
    Points: 6,865, Level: 19
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 185
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered5000 Experience Points
    PJL's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    169
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,103
    Points
    6,865
    Level
    19
    Thanks Given
    24
    Thanked 159x in 134 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    Motored up to the drag races.....no Safety, not to Las Vegas to see men dressed as women......I'm talking top fuel dragsters. Funny Cars. ProMod and ProStock cars......Chevy's versus Fords. Took a 2017 Challenger T/A. Bad ass 392 packing 475+ horses and a suspension fer racin. Track temp 140+. The Ransom carbon footprint looks like a Yeti's. So does the entire posse's. And that's why we need to import. It's good business, it's good trade, it gives Russians American Dollars so they can buy our goods. And you should see the Russian that works at the bbq joint on the way. She looks like she could collude. Certainly built for collusion.
    You sound like a glutton at a large dining table who makes sure he eats faster and more than anyone else , then gets a bellyache and expects sympathy from those who went hungry.

  14. #10
    Points: 91,483, Level: 73
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 767
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ransom's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    41827
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    31,467
    Points
    91,483
    Level
    73
    Thanks Given
    5,354
    Thanked 8,830x in 6,518 Posts
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PJL View Post
    You sound like a glutton at a large dining table who makes sure he eats faster and more than anyone else , then gets a bellyache and expects sympathy from those who went hungry.
    Bleeding heart liberal alert!
    People who enter the US without our permission are illegal aliens and illegal aliens should not be treated the same as people who entered the US legally

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Critical Acclaim
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO