Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,323x in 10,925 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gotta love how liberals $#@! all over themselves because of ChicAfil, and they cheer people in other fast food that refuse to serve police or people with maga hats on, or attack them,. or tell known republicans to get out.

The left is nothing more than hypocritical and full of $#@!.
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

Captdon (05-25-2019)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,323x in 10,925 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by testsubjectalpha View Post
    My bad, the more politically correct term in this day in time is 'snowflake'
    warning

Warning

Stop with tthe personal attacks

If you have questions or concerns about this moderation action, please use the Report button to let us know.
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,542x in 94,964 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't eaten there for a long time- their chicken sucks.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Safety's Avatar Nationalist
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,901x in 15,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    Living the dream.

Got a horned antelope tag this year's draw, that's exciting.

Dad died last month, that was hard. Been in Pittsburgh a couple times during the trek. My 25yr old son pinged type 1 diabetes too just now, flying him out here and the granddaughter this summer again, they were here last year and yeah, I miss them.

Still losing weight, down to 230 (I'm 6'1") and I'm shooting for 200, gonna get there.

CFO thing here is great, wonderful people in this town, I really love it here.

My toenail still looks like $#@! @silvereyes

Other than that... yeah, I'm ok

You?
    I’m sorry to hear about your pops, man. Welcome back, even if only for a moment.
    “Conscientiously believing that the proper condition of the negro is slavery, or a complete subjection to the white man, and entertaining the belief that the day is not distant when the old Union will be restored with slavery nationally declared to be the proper condition of all of African descent, and in view of the future harmony and progress of all the States of America, I have been induced to issue this address, so that there may be no misunderstanding in the future”

- Jefferson Davis

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Safety For This Useful Post:

Captain Obvious (05-25-2019)

Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 81,529x in 55,047 Posts
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    They are absolutely just one of many identity groups, which can include religious ideology. People can belong to religions without sharing heritage, so what's left is not necessarily even common interest in general, but shared (religious) values unless perhaps you are a Mennonite or Amish. We are living in a post-modern era, so old identity groups are not special - they don't have seniority and don't have special privileges. They are in fact a shrinking demographic.

Chick-fil-A's CEO decided to become politically vocal about SS marriage back in 2012, which was a stupid move and picked a fight with another identity group. Suddenly the entire history of the company's involvement with anti-LGBTQ activities was exposed, making them a political target and it's certainly not helpful that the CEO is a Southern Baptist who are generally associated with extremist ideologies like racism and intolerance.

You may want to draw distinctions in terms of identity groups, but the bulk of the identity groups don't give a fig about your notions of postmodern abstractions. The SA city council took the only position that they could in an activist environment. The state has the power to overrule, but it is then kicking over a new hornets nest involving big government interference.

I think there's just something with the liberal brain that blocks it from understanding what others are saying. I'm not saying Christians don't in some way form an identity group. I'm saying the meaning of identity group there is wholly different than say an LGBT group. In the case of Christians Christianity is just one vector in a matrix of other vectors--family, community, education, even being conservative, etc--that gives meaning to the identity group. In the case of gays, LGBT is the only vector that identifies for within the LGBT group you have different sexes, sexual preferences, some Christian, some Muslim, some another religion, some agnostic, some atheist, some liberal, some conservative. Being Christian is integral to to an array of ties that serve to identify; being gay is an abstraction from all other ties.

Chick-fil-A's CEO decided...
    Go back and read the OP and get a good grip on the topic. Chick-fil-a decided nothing, they are wholly outside any decision-making. The San Antonio city council made a decision and in reaction, the state legislature made a decision. Chick-fil-a is on the sidelines watching.

But I think I get it, like many liberals, you despise Christianity as bigoted and hateful (repeating Wolf's words) and so you can focus on nothing but Chick-fil-a as Christian. The actual topic is meaningless to you, it doesn't even register in those bran cells of yours.

your notions of postmodern abstractions
    Modern political identitarianism is not something I invented. And it is an abstraction as I just explain--but really have little hope of you grasping. Fortunately, others will.

The SA city council took the only position that they could in an activist environment.
    A government's position ought to be neutral.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Isn't that argument getting a little long in the tooth? LGBTQ people are not trying to deny you your right to a heterosexual marriage, why are you concerned with what they do in the privacy of their bedrooms or whether they choose to marry a member of the same sex. We live in a secular society and the non-secular cannot force their religious objections down the throats of those who simply don't acknowledge biblical admonitions regarding men not laying with men or women laying with women. Plural marriage is acceptable to many of those who follow the OT. It's not legal primarily because most men have a hard time maintaining a family with one wife, let alone several with dozens of children. Nevertheless, plural arrangements still exist. Consenting adults cannot be prevented from engaging in relationships with each other that don't suit the majority. You don't have to like it but really it's none of your business so long as they are living a law abiding life and paying their taxes.

So many things wrong with what you say.

People like jimmyz are concerned because the push for gay marriage affects the society and culture they live in. You take individualism to the extreme if you think these changes don't affect more than two people.

We do not live in a secular society. We live in a religious society. Perhaps you meant we live in a secular nation where the law is supposed to be unbiased and neutral, equality before the law for all, not just some.

No one is forcing religion down your throat. Christians and most conservative wish to preserve tradition. --It's ironic that you see gays as affecting no one but Christians forcing their views down your throat. That's extremely biased.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Captdon (05-25-2019),stjames1_53 (05-25-2019)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If SA took a position that didn't represent its constituents, then that mayor and members of city council who supported that position will go down in the next election. If not, they represented their constituents. However I can pretty much guarantee that there will be those who share more of a libertarian ideology who will not appreciate the state's response.
    It may come as a surprise to you but the majority of San Antonians are Christian and very few LGBT.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Captdon (05-25-2019),stjames1_53 (05-25-2019)

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Lummy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,307x in 4,359 Posts
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, look what the cat dragged in! I was wondering about you just yesterday too!

For what state is your permit?

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,582x in 36,516 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Living the dream.

Dad died last month, that was hard. Been in Pittsburgh a couple times during the trek. My 25yr old son pinged type 1 diabetes too just now, flying him out here and the granddaughter this summer again, they were here last year and yeah, I miss them.

Still losing weight, down to 230 (I'm 6'1") and I'm shooting for 200, gonna get there.

CFO thing here is great, wonderful people in this town, I really love it here.

My toenail still looks like $#@! @silvereyes

Other than that... yeah, I'm ok

You?
    Sorry about your father. Yeah, it's rough.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

Captain Obvious (05-25-2019),Captdon (05-25-2019)

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 2,182
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,264x in 12,387 Posts
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ...Still losing weight, down to 230 (I'm 6'1") and I'm shooting for 200, gonna get there...
    Welcome back, CO, however briefly!

I got down to 206, myself, but I had to almost die, literally, to do it. I do not promote bilateral pneumonia and sepsis as a dieting strategy.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

Captain Obvious (05-25-2019),Dr. Who (05-25-2019)

+ Reply to Thread