User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We have greatly underestimated feminism's harmful influence on millennials......

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have greatly underestimated feminism's harmful influence on millennials......

"Too many millennials grew up subject to — not my words — failed parenting strategies," notes Sinek. Millennials were routinely told, for instance, that they were special. They were told they could have "anything they want in life, just 'cause they want it."

Once again, true. But there's more to it than that. This message to which Sinek refers was specifically directed to girls by their feminist-minded mothers. Sinek talks about the self-esteem movement and the harm it's done to millennials, and I agree. But we can't separate the self-esteem movement from the feminist movement. They're two sides of the same coin.

The self-esteem movement says, “There’s no one quite like you. You’re amazing. Go — seize the world.” And feminism says, “Your mothers’ lives were constrained. Don’t live the way they did — reach for the stars instead!”

As a result, girls and young women both then and now feel entitled to lives that defy description. They should be out-of-this-world exciting!

As a result, girls and young women both then and now feel entitled to lives that defy description. They should be out-of-this-world exciting!

It was a powerful message that set off a chain of events. Millennials are the first generation of women to reject marriage and motherhood and to instead pile up degree upon degree, resulting in debt that, while theoretically was supposed to help them get established for marriage, instead dealt them a cruel blow: now they can't afford to get married.

With this one simple (but destructive) message, everything changed. Today more than half of young people don't have a romantic partner at all, let alone a spouse. Marriage has taken a serious nosedive, and we are all worse off as a result.

At the end of the day, Americans have underestimated the power the feminist narrative had on an entire generation of women. Even millennials don't understand it — they never knew any other way to live. But that is changing.

Millennials were told they were special but learned that they aren't. They were told they don't need a man but learned that they do. They were told that children will hold them back but discovered that children are precisely what they want. In fact, family is all they really want.

Only now they're too old or too broke to have one.....snip~

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...on-millennials

Bad bad Feminists. First you ruined relationships between men and women. Then created more problems with men. Now you have screwed up whole generations of women. What did Albright say.....There is a special place in hell for women that don't help other women, Right?

So you know you will be staying in the last room on the left. No there will be no room service.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,583x in 94,415 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see it in my little world at work. The younger attorneys want to start at the top of the pay scale and are jumping from job to job to get a larger paycheck. But they are not developing the skills to be successful. And the type of law that I do is a niche area where the older manager level types all know each other. The younger people are no doing themselves any favors.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

MMC (05-26-2019)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    I see it in my little world at work. The younger attorneys want to start at the top of the pay scale and are jumping from job to job to get a larger paycheck. But they are not developing the skills to be successful. And the type of law that I do is a niche area where the older manager level types all know each other. The younger people are no doing themselves any favors.

Its the same in my industry. News Print. But they are noticing how middle management always gets $#@!-canned.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 2,857
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,934x in 8,812 Posts
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They want the money, but not the investment in learning and achievement that goes with it. Once upon a time it was called making your bones.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

Common (05-27-2019),MMC (05-27-2019),Peter1469 (05-27-2019)

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,315x in 10,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I try not to make judgements about millenials although its hard not to be opinionated about them.
    My father viewed the woodstock crowd and the 60s protesters with great disdain, he was a combat vet WW2

In the end its not the millenials fault, part of it was addressed here, their parents but both their parents and millenials are beingg destroyed by public education, rather those that control public education that are forcing teachers to indoctrinate instead of actually teach.

It was the long term liberal plan to mold youth to their thinking through education and frankly they are winning, if they havent won already
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Millennials are the first generation of women to reject marriage and motherhood and to instead pile up degree upon degree, resulting in debt that, while theoretically was supposed to help them get established for marriage, instead dealt them a cruel blow: now they can't afford to get married.

With this one simple (but destructive) message, everything changed. Today more than half of young people don't have a romantic partner at all, let alone a spouse. Marriage has taken a serious nosedive, and we are all worse off as a result.....snip~

Fell off into video games. Plus the Feminists couldn't push them to pay for their own date being broke.

Of course that doesn't count all the ones that don't exercise and sit around stuffing their faces.

tPF Moderator
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,040x in 24,874 Posts
    Mentioned
    887 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have two young lawyers in my office. One can’t get there before 10:30. The other won’t stay past 4. They want large offices and high salaries for part time work. One, she copied a brief off of our system and passed it off as her own. When challenged, she was upset we checked. She claimed she is too busy and I suggested she stay past 4. Tears. The other one cried when he didn’t get a big fancy office - after 1 year out. Yep, they’ve been hardened for this business.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

Dr. Who (05-27-2019),Peter1469 (05-27-2019)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,583x in 94,415 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    I have two young lawyers in my office. One can’t get there before 10:30. The other won’t stay past 4. They want large offices and high salaries for part time work. One, she copied a brief off of our system and passed it off as her own. When challenged, she was upset we checked. She claimed she is too busy and I suggested she stay past 4. Tears. The other one cried when he didn’t get a big fancy office - after 1 year out. Yep, they’ve been hardened for this business.
    I have also noticed with the younger lawyers: they feel the Constitution is not above the level of statutory law- sort of a living Constitution taken to the extreme. That does no bode well for the future of the US.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 1,139
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cthulhu's Avatar Senior Member
    The spaces between cognitive thought and passive nightmares
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 8,079x in 5,392 Posts
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's even worse in the manual labor trades.

We just hired a guy who is 27 years old - 70k in debt for student loans. Doesn't have a decent grasp of power tools. While not a deal breaker, it just goes to show he lacked the man education which should have been taught by a father or by some other experience.

Kinda sad to see. I'm ashamed to call these creatures my peers.

Sent from my evil cell phone.
    "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Ephesians 6:12

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cthulhu For This Useful Post:

DGUtley (05-27-2019),Peter1469 (05-27-2019)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have also noticed with the younger lawyers: they feel the Constitution is not above the level of statutory law- sort of a living Constitution taken to the extreme. That does no bode well for the future of the US.
    There is a bright side.....a lot of leftists are flunking out of law school. Then there is a whole lot that can't afford to get into law school.

One must always find the good in what is bad.

+ Reply to Thread