User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 87

Thread: The Brexit Disaster

  1. #31
    Points: 16,140, Level: 30
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Hoosier8's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    3682
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,900
    Points
    16,140
    Level
    30
    Thanks Given
    321
    Thanked 3,673x in 2,451 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    Brexit wouldn't have won had the angry issues surrounding it been dealt with instead of being allowed to build up pressure until they erupted. May failed, but someone needs to step up to the plate now and finish this.
    The issue of Brussels dictating to England who could live in their own country was a big issue.
    I was going to sell my guns to the government but you wouldn’t believe what came up during the background check

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoosier8 For This Useful Post:

    Captdon (05-25-2019),MMC (05-25-2019)

  3. #32
    Points: 40,089, Level: 48
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 61
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cletus's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    180803
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    17,687
    Points
    40,089
    Level
    48
    Thanks Given
    13
    Thanked 12,488x in 7,785 Posts
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    You know how the game is played here, IP. If you have a divergent opinion of just about anything, it must be because you are an evil, mind-controlled Marxist. It doesn't even matter if you are the one arguing from a traditionally conservative perspective; you're a Marxist tool if you disagree with anything Trump has said or Tweeted. It has become a tremendous waste of time and bandwidth lately to attempt to get any point or argument across to certain people; you could have all the facts and reason on your side possible, and your opinion will be dismissed as "far left talking points" or nonsense. They are far less interested in discussion than with name-calling and attempting to trump one another (no pun intended, of course) with over-the-top mischaracterizations of your views and motives. The atmosphere of this forum has pretty much moved beyond ridiculous.
    C'mon, SW... Mr. Utley's question was a reasonable one. She very strongly suggested that anti-feminism was a driving force behind Brexit.

    Brexit is the best thing that could happen to the UK. They need to get out of the EU and become their own country again. The EU IS going to eventually fail. There really is no doubt of that. Great Britain gains nothing from membership in it that they could not achieve by treaty with the individual members.
    "All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void." Marbury Vs. Madison, 5 US (2 Cranch) 137, 174, 176, (1803). "Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule making or legislation which would abrogate them." Miranda Vs. Arizona, 384 US 436 p. 491.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cletus For This Useful Post:

    Captdon (05-25-2019),MMC (05-25-2019)

  5. #33
    Points: 69,358, Level: 64
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,592
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first Group50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    IMPress Polly's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    153627
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Vermont, USA
    Posts
    5,970
    Points
    69,358
    Level
    64
    Thanks Given
    6,219
    Thanked 5,048x in 2,968 Posts
    Mentioned
    539 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I'm done with this thread. Unsubscribing. This message board is a worthless embarrassment. It's not even worth my time to be here.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to IMPress Polly For This Useful Post:

    Captdon (05-25-2019)

  7. #34
    Points: 15,977, Level: 30
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 473
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Lummy's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    2494
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    6,489
    Points
    15,977
    Level
    30
    Thanks Given
    1,720
    Thanked 2,493x in 1,869 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPress Polly View Post
    I pointed it out only to highlight the overall socially conservative mentality behind the support for Brexit. What's illegitimate about that? And why are you relying on an asinine, disingenuous strawman argument directed against me as a person rather than making one in favor of Brexit?

    Your TDS is showing.
    The only way to stop democrats' insane drive to impeach Trump and all their other illicit shenanigan is to force them to pay for it all out of their own pockets when they lose.

  8. #35
    Points: 15,977, Level: 30
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 473
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Lummy's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    2494
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    6,489
    Points
    15,977
    Level
    30
    Thanks Given
    1,720
    Thanked 2,493x in 1,869 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    They never should have put it to a national vote.
    So, you oppose Brexit and favor NWO totalitarianism? IC.

    Oh that's right, you're a government bureaucrat. I forgot.
    The only way to stop democrats' insane drive to impeach Trump and all their other illicit shenanigan is to force them to pay for it all out of their own pockets when they lose.

  9. #36
    Original Ranter
    Points: 198,266, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    45207
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Posts
    50,055
    Points
    198,266
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    18,927
    Thanked 14,202x in 10,813 Posts
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    You know how the game is played here, IP. If you have a divergent opinion of just about anything, it must be because you are an evil, mind-controlled Marxist. It doesn't even matter if you are the one arguing from a traditionally conservative perspective; you're a Marxist tool if you disagree with anything Trump has said or Tweeted. It has become a tremendous waste of time and bandwidth lately to attempt to get any point or argument across to certain people; you could have all the facts and reason on your side possible, and your opinion will be dismissed as "far left talking points" or nonsense. They are far less interested in discussion than with name-calling and attempting to trump one another (no pun intended, of course) with over-the-top mischaracterizations of your views and motives. The atmosphere of this forum has pretty much moved beyond ridiculous.
    That's a crock of $#@! Wolfman. Of course you forgot when those of the leftness deliberately leave facts out or make assumptions that aren't rooted in reality.

    Which this issue doesn't have anything to do with Trump other than his statement on trade.


    Of course some of us when we post. Don't leave the left no out. Force them to go by the facts. Once that happens. They tend to run off.


    Especially after those facts are posted up. Sound familiar? Uhm notice those actions by your own kind.


    Just like this issue and her characterization of the Economic Brexit. The link I posted debunks her assertions. Her uhm train of thought with the opinion that didn't know about the other economic facts.


    Your version of how the game is played here. Also misses quite a bit with your lefthand players. But then that isn't surprising wherein you lean mostly left. That's mostly. Not a complete leftwing nut job. But almost there. Otherwise you would have noted that bit about those that aren't interested in discussion and want to come with the name calling or disrespect.


    Note how you have never came with the name calling or disrespect. How you got none back. Here is how I play it.....you get what you give. But when trying to preach Wolfman. At least be on the up and up with the whole situation here and not just how the Right plays it.
    Don't only Practice your Art, but force your way into its Secrets, For it and Knowledge can Raise men to the Divine!!!!! Ludwig Van Beethoven ~

  10. #37
    Points: 33,884, Level: 44
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    156128
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    11,470
    Points
    33,884
    Level
    44
    Thanks Given
    4,833
    Thanked 8,761x in 5,398 Posts
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    Absolutely! This will become REGRETZIT!

    England could have easily kept undesirable foreigners out without dumping the EU deal!
    Austerity was a bigger -- or just as big a -- reason for the exit vote.
    “I have from an early age abjured the use of meat, and the time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men.”
    ~Leonardo da Vinci

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

    Captdon (05-25-2019),IMPress Polly (05-25-2019)

  12. #38
    Points: 15,977, Level: 30
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 473
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Lummy's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    2494
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    6,489
    Points
    15,977
    Level
    30
    Thanks Given
    1,720
    Thanked 2,493x in 1,869 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
    The EU IS going to eventually fail. There really is no doubt of that. Great Britain gains nothing from membership in it that they could not achieve by treaty with the individual members.
    The EU eventually is going to be Sino-Soviet.
    Last edited by Lummy; 05-25-2019 at 10:36 AM.
    The only way to stop democrats' insane drive to impeach Trump and all their other illicit shenanigan is to force them to pay for it all out of their own pockets when they lose.

  13. #39
    Original Ranter
    Points: 198,266, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    45207
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Posts
    50,055
    Points
    198,266
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    18,927
    Thanked 14,202x in 10,813 Posts
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is what the EU leaders are saying. Naturally the French Macron is playing hardliner.


    EU leaders stick to Brexit guns as they prepare for 'different breed' of PM …..
    Fears of no deal grow, but bloc united in saying it won’t budge on withdrawal agreement.


    A dinner next week to discuss candidates for top EU jobs following the European elections looks likely to be hijacked by talks over the latest Brexit twist as concerns grow that May’s resignation has increased the risk of a no-deal withdrawal.


    The French president, Emmanuel Macron, called for urgent clarity from London shortly after May’s Downing Street statement.....snip~



    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...te-brexit-deal


    LMAO.....Macron. I want clarity on what the Brits are going to do.


    Message to Macron from the Brits. We will have our election and then get back to you. Sit down and STFU.
    Don't only Practice your Art, but force your way into its Secrets, For it and Knowledge can Raise men to the Divine!!!!! Ludwig Van Beethoven ~

  14. #40
    Original Ranter
    Points: 198,266, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    45207
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Posts
    50,055
    Points
    198,266
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    18,927
    Thanked 14,202x in 10,813 Posts
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boris Johnson gives Macron some Clarity.


    Boris Johnson: UK will leave EU in October, deal or no deal …..


    Tory leadership frontrunner sets out hardline Brexit stance after Theresa May’s resignation.


    He told a conference in Interlaken, Switzerland: “We will leave the EU on 31 October, deal or no deal.”


    A supporter of Johnson said he would make an effort to secure changes to the current deal to try to ensure the Northern Ireland border backstop would not endure indefinitely, but he would press ahead with leaving on 31 October if that cannot be agreed with the EU27.....snip~



    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...by-end-of-july



    There you have it.....Message to the EU from the Brits. Its ovaaa Oct 31st. One way or another.


    So much for the Brexit Disaster.
    Don't only Practice your Art, but force your way into its Secrets, For it and Knowledge can Raise men to the Divine!!!!! Ludwig Van Beethoven ~

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Critical Acclaim
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO