User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lesbians are the happiest as they are well-paid and more likely to get a promotion

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranYour first Group
    Captain Obvious's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 40,087x in 27,208 Posts
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lesbians are the happiest as they are well-paid and more likely to get a promotion

Complete with butch photo, doesn't get any better than that.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...&ICID=ref_fark

Lesbians are cheerier than people of any other sexual orientation because they are more likely to be promoted to better paid jobs, according to a study.
    Homosexual women narrowly edge out straight men to take the top spot in a 'happiness ranking' analysis conducted by scientists at Swansea Univeristy.
    Their findings suggest that business bosses are attracted to the traits associated with lesbians - such as lower pregnancy rates - which allows them to climb the career ladder quicker than their counterparts of other sexual persuasions.
    my junk is ugly

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Obvious For This Useful Post:

IMPress Polly (05-25-2019)

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Lummy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,307x in 4,359 Posts
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Headline reads: Lesbians are the happiest as they are well-paid and more likely to get a promotion while bisexuals are only as cheerful as the unemployed or long-term sick, study finds.

Talk about propaganda. Nonsense. Furthermore, unfetter normal people and see what happens.

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Lummy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,307x in 4,359 Posts
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    Is that a fake fireplace -- one of those youtube loops? Says it all. LOL

Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,315x in 10,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    Complete with butch photo, doesn't get any better than that.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...&ICID=ref_fark

The world is imploding, the USA is in Political Turmoil, Obama is still alive and you come back after months and post about Happy Lesbians ROFL

Welcome back Cappy good to see you
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

Captain Obvious (05-25-2019),Lummy (05-25-2019)

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 1,804
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first Group50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    IMPress Polly's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,643x in 4,358 Posts
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my casual observation, there is something to what the linked article is suggesting: pregnancy seems to be the main basis for sex discrimination in the workplace. (I wouldn't say that I'm especially "well-paid" personally, but I have noticed a difference in how pregnant women are treated in the workplace.)

When I was growing up, I felt somewhat bisexual and I would say that was the worst period of my life. When I changed to seeking out only same-sex relationships (and to that end, regarding myself as properly lesbian), I would say that it helped a little in terms of my social life and a lot in terms of my sex life.

I'll add that being on the tomboyish, or "butch"-leaning, end of the spectrum in terms of public expression seems to make a difference in how I'm treated versus how other, more stereotypically feminine-expressing women are treated, I've noticed. I'd say that I'm heard a bit more often, while more feminine-expressing women are taken less seriously in general (by both men and women).

I'll also add though that there's a certain polarity to the situation of proper lesbians overall. While proper lesbians have a higher happiness score in this survey, other data shows that lesbians are also more likely to struggle with anxiety than heterosexual women, are slightly more likely to struggle with depression (in particular if they feel the need to conceal their sexual orientation from others), and that fully most have contemplated suicide within the last two years, so I think there are a mixture of social consequences that bear out on one's psychological well-being. I point that out just so one doesn't get a skewed picture of the situation from the article in the OP.
    Last edited by IMPress Polly; 05-25-2019 at 01:00 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to IMPress Polly For This Useful Post:

Captain Obvious (05-25-2019)

Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,896x in 54,714 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Something fishy about the article. How can the following be causative: "This is related to employers’ views about women — for example, the lower likelihood of lesbians bearing children” when men cannot have children?

Looking for additional data, I find HAPPY AND GAY Lesbians are happiest as they’re well-paid and more likely to be promoted, study claims, which reports the following ranking:

Happiness ranking by sexual orientation

Lesbians: 5.184/7
    Straight men: 5.171/7
    Straight women: 5.166/7
    Gay men: 4.745/7
    Bisexual men: 4.648/7
    Bisexual women: 4.574/7

The difference among the top 3 groups is simply insignificant for ranking except maybe for bean counters.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Women are happier without children or a spouse, says happiness expert …..
    Behavioural scientist Paul Dolan says traditional markers of success no longer apply

We may have suspected it already, but now the science backs it up: unmarried and childless women are the happiest subgroup in the population. And they are more likely to live longer than their married and child-rearing peers, according to a leading expert in happiness.

Speaking at the Hay festival on Saturday, Paul Dolan, a professor of behavioural science at the London School of Economics, said the latest evidence showed that the traditional markers used to measure success did not correlate with happiness – particularly marriage and raising children.

“Married people are happier than other population subgroups, but only when their spouse is in the room when they’re asked how happy they are. When the spouse is not present: $#@!ing miserable,” he said.

“We do have some good longitudinal data following the same people over time, but I am going to do a massive disservice to that science and just say: if you’re a man, you should probably get married; if you’re a woman, don’t bother.”

Men benefited from marriage because they “calmed down”, he said. “You take less risks, you earn more money at work, and you live a little longer. She, on the other hand, has to put up with that, and dies sooner than if she never married. The healthiest and happiest population subgroup are women who never married or had children,” he said.....snip~

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...ppiness-expert

Hey.....how bout that. It was the Hay Festival.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

+ Reply to Thread