User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: What has Trump done to harm you????

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 97.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 81,391x in 54,973 Posts
    Mentioned
    2013 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    As much as you might like to think it doesn't, America needs the goodwill of the rest of the world because it relies on trade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    People don't trade out of good will.

"It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own interest." --Adam Smith
    They may not always trade out of good will, but they certainly throw impediments in the way of trade when there is bad will.

Non-sequitur to ever your earlier remark.

Who the heck is this "they" you refer to?
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 824
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesSocial10000 Experience Points
    Rationalist's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,992x in 1,378 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    For one Trump has destroyed the image of my nation, and destroyed the dignity and honor of it as well. He as over 20 sex abuse accusers, yes I know they are just accusers but you know when there is over 20 people and some of them children it starts looking kind of iffy. He has made our nation a laughing stock of the whole world.
    Well, if accusations are capable of that, there was this guy named Clinton a little while ago...
    He is Bff's with Saudi Arabia. That is personal. He is involving our nation in assisting in the Yemen genocide. That is personal. My tax dollars are involved in killing children by starvation and bombs. If you don't think that involves you personally you are not looking correctly.

I totally agree that we shouldn't be so close with Saudi Arabia. I also agree that we shouldn't be involved in Yemen, even indirectly.

Granted, if you think Trump is the first to make these kinds of deals with Saudi Arabia, you haven't been paying attention. It's been an ongoing trend with presidents of both parties for decades now. Obama made several deals, for example. Trump is comparatively less murderous than the last 2 presidents by a longshot, and Hillary would most certainly have escalated the war in Syria far more than Trump did.

A whistle blower came forward stating that the Trump administration was secretly handing over nuclear technology to Saudi Arabia. This is after the Kingdom already admitted they would build a nuke. So let me guess you think that Trump handing over nuclear technology to the kingdom will not affect you? They are the same people committing genocide... what could they do with nukes?
    My only real problem with Saudi Arabia having nukes is that we give Iran hell over the potential for it. Realistically, no nation would want to nuke us, because that would be suicide. The real worry should be nuclear technology reaching terrorists. Even Iran isn't likely to give a terror group nukes, because if a dirty bomb was detonated here and we could trace it back to Iran, they know that would be suicide as well.
    Trump has dropped more bombs than any other president in US history. Do you think that does not affect you? We are going deeper into debt every day. Do you know how much we have to spend so he can drop those bombs? But guess what it takes money out of our pockets and puts it in the pockets of the military industrial complex. It is just a form of corporate welfare, blood is a real currency.
    It would've been nice if people had used that description of war more often when Obama was running things. It's pretty clear, however, that both parties are pro-war when their guy is in office. They're only anti-war some of the time that their guy isn't in office. So while I agree that we shouldn't be spending so much on war, I find a lot of criticism of Trump on this to be merely partisan.
    Our infrastructure is falling apart here at home, while all of our money is being spent on war.
    Some of the state of our infrastructure can be explained by wasteful spending by the states and mismanagement of funds. It also doesn't help that most states run massive debts via public pensions that are unsustainable. We have a vast surplus of government employees at most levels.
    He also ended transparency on civilian death counts, now he does not have to report civilian deaths in war zones. This way the people will be oblivious and not even know what kinds of atrocities are happening in our names.
    He said he was going to bring our troops home, but he never did. Instead he sent off more troops. He is also instigating regime change in Venezuela, and possibly Iran. He is beating the war drums like every president has before him. He is a liar, like every president before him.

I'm glad we can agree that this is a bipartisan issue. Granted, so far, we haven't entered any new wars. With Obama, we entered Libya and Syria. Our involvement in Yemen has been ongoing since basically 9/11, so Trump's involvement isn't really new beyond the arms deals we've made with Saudi Arabia.
    Trump said he was going to fix our economy but instead he is propping it up by borrowing. He is just driving our nation deeper into debt like every president before him has.
    He gave tax cuts to his wealthy friends while we the people had to pay more than ever. He cut their taxes by 91 billion and increased the taxes of the people by 100 billion.
    I'm not sure where you're getting these figures, but if you look at how much of the total tax revenue is paid by the wealthy, you'll see why it's somewhat logical to relieve some of that taxation.

https://taxfoundation.org/summary-la...a-2018-update/
    He Plans to increase the military budget, while taking it from the programs that help the people like social security, and programs like WIC that give babies milk, and food stamps, and Medicare, and Medicaid. This will affect so many people and hurt so many.
    And in some cases, it will limit dependency on the system and reduce some of the freeloading.
    He has plans to release the immigrants all around the nation without proper vetting as punishment to his own citizens. Without even giving them any federal funding to help feed or house them, he plans to do it as a means to break the states where he releases the immigrants.
    It's actually a brilliant way to show why border security is needed. Blue states can't posture as much about wanting open borders if they don't have the federal government to suck funds from while implementing it.
    Trump suspended the EPA. Because they do not have proper funding they are all but gutted. They are no longer working to protect the people of this nation from environmental hazards, rather they are working under the guise of it, but doing the opposite.
    Actually, that's generally how the EPA normally operates. A lot of regulations are designed to favor big business over small business, and the EPA is no exception. "Gutting" them is a way to reduce this favoritism for big business.
    Trump has rolled back environmental protections that have helped the people. Now coal plants will not be regulated and can release the mercury like they did before the regulations, and that was so harmful and killed so many people. It caused cardiovascular issues, and neurological issues, and breathing issues, children were the hardest hit.
    He signed a bill removing our internet privacy protections. If you don't think that infringes on your civil liberties then you are mistaken.

He ended net neutrality. Thanks to this our internet can be that much more controlled.
    Net neutrality was regulation in search of a problem. When it comes to content blocking, social media is actually doing most of that via shadow bans, demonetization, and censorship. Google does it via algorithms that favor their biases. Telecoms aren't guilty of the scams that activists dreamed up, although data caps are a crappy policy implemented by certain providers.
    Trump has deregulated the FDA and given our right for safe medication away.
    The FDA is a lot like the EPA. It generally just favors large corporations over smaller ones.
    He pulled us out of the Paris Climate Agreement.
    an agreement that was non-binding and thus, pointless
    There is a ton more that he has done but you know what these things are posted on a daily basis. One major thing he has done is bring division to our nation. He has emboldened the racists, and our nation is in turmoil for it. This has always been an issue no matter who was president. But our country is more divided now than I can ever remember, I am 40, at least in my lifetime. He has done so much to destroy our nation and the fact that some choose to ignore it or put frosting on top of a rotten cake that is the Trump administration is just down right appalling if you ask me.
    Most of the division can be chalked up to sensationalist media. More division equals more clicks.
    It is also amazing to me that our nation fought and killed and helped liberate the Jews that Hitler had killed. It was a scar on the face of humanity, and many of the people here in this forum champion us partaking in a modern day genocide in Yemen. We have been through this, everyone knows that it was one of the darkest periods in the history of the world. You cannot think that our nation being involved in killing 20 million people does not directly affect you. Are you pleased that the military industrial complex will get the billions? Is that worth smearing your nations good name for all of time? Is it easy for you to sleep at night while children are being massacred for the prosperity of our nation? You might not think that it directly affects you, but you are wrong. You are just not able to see the effects, that's all. Everything is connected in one way or another.

Yes Yes have a piranha feeding frenzy trump supporters. I am just telling it like it is. I was not even in the mood to even discuss it but another member thought I should discuss it whether I wanted to or not. http://thepoliticalforums.com/thread...66#post2617466 So here it is. You wont like it, because there are just way too many facts to handle but there it is.
    The comparison to WW2 is a bit much. I think we should get out of Yemen too, but hyperbole doesn't help the argument.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rationalist For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (06-15-2019)

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 824
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesSocial10000 Experience Points
    Rationalist's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,992x in 1,378 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They may not always trade out of good will, but they certainly throw impediments in the way of trade when there is bad will.
    Sort of. Trump has shown that trade can sometimes be a game of good cop/bad cop.

Most of the world depends on our consumption more than we depend on their production. We've been pretty good at making sure that our economy is diversified enough that we'll always have enough of the bare essentials (like food). We also export a lot of the bare essentials. China, for example, imports tons of our food.

In an arrangement where one trading partner depends on the other's food while the other depends on getting cheap labor from any number of developing countries, the one dependent on food is more vulnerable.

The problem is that a lot of the West in general has been ruled by interests that are global in nature, while many developing nations have more nationalist interests running things. The end result of that is developing nations putting their interests first and Western nations putting the interests of multinational corporations first.

While Trump gets a lot of criticism for his threats of tariffs, his perspective on trade would have fit in well with older Democrats like FDR. Republicans used to be free trade absolutists, but I think they're starting to wise up. Meanwhile, Democrats are becoming strangely free trade purist despite also often criticizing capitalism. It's a weird paradox.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rationalist For This Useful Post:

Dr. Who (06-15-2019)

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,620x in 14,841 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So again and again and again people keep on asking this but in a sarcastic way, knowing that no one wants to take the time to lay it out. Today someone asked me again. I gave a link to one of my previous replies to the same question but they felt it was not good enough, but it damed well was good enough. See for yourself. http://thepoliticalforums.com/thread...rms-against-us But you know what it is fine. I had more to add to that list anyways. So I am going to put that list here in this new thread it is deserving.

Yes Trump has done tons of harm to our nation, and he is only getting started. This list is so incomplete. I just rambled what was off the top of my head. It is a reply given to another member. I will not edit it.

For one Trump has destroyed the image of my nation, and destroyed the dignity and honor of it as well. He as over 20 sex abuse accusers, yes I know they are just accusers but you know when there is over 20 people and some of them children it starts looking kind of iffy. He has made our nation a laughing stock of the whole world.

He is Bff's with Saudi Arabia. That is personal. He is involving our nation in assisting in the Yemen genocide. That is personal. My tax dollars are involved in killing children by starvation and bombs. If you don't think that involves you personally you are not looking correctly.

A whistle blower came forward stating that the Trump administration was secretly handing over nuclear technology to Saudi Arabia. This is after the Kingdom already admitted they would build a nuke. So let me guess you think that Trump handing over nuclear technology to the kingdom will not affect you? They are the same people committing genocide... what could they do with nukes?

Trump has dropped more bombs than any other president in US history. Do you think that does not affect you? We are going deeper into debt every day. Do you know how much we have to spend so he can drop those bombs? But guess what it takes money out of our pockets and puts it in the pockets of the military industrial complex. It is just a form of corporate welfare, blood is a real currency.

Our infrastructure is falling apart here at home, while all of our money is being spent on war.

He also ended transparency on civilian death counts, now he does not have to report civilian deaths in war zones. This way the people will be oblivious and not even know what kinds of atrocities are happening in our names.

He said he was going to bring our troops home, but he never did. Instead he sent off more troops. He is also instigating regime change in Venezuela, and possibly Iran. He is beating the war drums like every president has before him. He is a liar, like every president before him.

Trump said he was going to fix our economy but instead he is propping it up by borrowing. He is just driving our nation deeper into debt like every president before him has.

He gave tax cuts to his wealthy friends while we the people had to pay more than ever. He cut their taxes by 91 billion and increased the taxes of the people by 100 billion.

He Plans to increase the military budget, while taking it from the programs that help the people like social security, and programs like WIC that give babies milk, and food stamps, and Medicare, and Medicaid. This will affect so many people and hurt so many.

He has plans to release the immigrants all around the nation without proper vetting as punishment to his own citizens. Without even giving them any federal funding to help feed or house them, he plans to do it as a means to break the states where he releases the immigrants.

Trump suspended the EPA. Because they do not have proper funding they are all but gutted. They are no longer working to protect the people of this nation from environmental hazards, rather they are working under the guise of it, but doing the opposite.

Trump has rolled back environmental protections that have helped the people. Now coal plants will not be regulated and can release the mercury like they did before the regulations, and that was so harmful and killed so many people. It caused cardiovascular issues, and neurological issues, and breathing issues, children were the hardest hit.

He signed a bill removing our internet privacy protections. If you don't think that infringes on your civil liberties then you are mistaken.

He ended net neutrality. Thanks to this our internet can be that much more controlled.

Trump has deregulated the FDA and given our right for safe medication away.

He pulled us out of the Paris Climate Agreement.

There is a ton more that he has done but you know what these things are posted on a daily basis. One major thing he has done is bring division to our nation. He has emboldened the racists, and our nation is in turmoil for it. This has always been an issue no matter who was president. But our country is more divided now than I can ever remember, I am 40, at least in my lifetime. He has done so much to destroy our nation and the fact that some choose to ignore it or put frosting on top of a rotten cake that is the Trump administration is just down right appalling if you ask me.

It is also amazing to me that our nation fought and killed and helped liberate the Jews that Hitler had killed. It was a scar on the face of humanity, and many of the people here in this forum champion us partaking in a modern day genocide in Yemen. We have been through this, everyone knows that it was one of the darkest periods in the history of the world. You cannot think that our nation being involved in killing 20 million people does not directly affect you. Are you pleased that the military industrial complex will get the billions? Is that worth smearing your nations good name for all of time? Is it easy for you to sleep at night while children are being massacred for the prosperity of our nation? You might not think that it directly affects you, but you are wrong. You are just not able to see the effects, that's all. Everything is connected in one way or another.

Yes Yes have a piranha feeding frenzy trump supporters. I am just telling it like it is. I was not even in the mood to even discuss it but another member thought I should discuss it whether I wanted to or not. http://thepoliticalforums.com/thread...66#post2617466 So here it is. You wont like it, because there are just way too many facts to handle but there it is.
    Just, that's an old cop out. Another form it takes is "what rights have you lost". As if a fellow citizen's rights should not be my concern. Trump, like Obama and Bush before him and in fact most presidents of the past few decades has done nothing to curb spending or to stop growing debt. He is, while perhaps less hawkish than the last two, way to involved with the affairs of other nations.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (06-15-2019)

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 411
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Mini Me's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,658x in 1,293 Posts
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)