User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 80

Thread: Bishop Bars Madigan, Cullerton From Receiving Communion over Abortion Bills.....

  1. #1
    Original Ranter
    Points: 190,518, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    44331
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Posts
    47,976
    Points
    190,518
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    17,512
    Thanked 13,325x in 10,153 Posts
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Bishop Bars Madigan, Cullerton From Receiving Communion over Abortion Bills.....

    Illinois House Speaker Michael Madigan and Senate President John Cullerton, both Catholic Democrats from Chicago, were banned Thursday from receiving communion in Springfield because of their support for legislation expanding abortion rights.


    Bishop Thomas John Paprocki issued the decree, according to a statement from the Diocese of Springfield, specifically in response to the leaders' role in the passage of two measures, one from the most recent legislative and another that was signed into law in 2017.


    "The Eucharist is the most sacred aspect of our Catholic faith," Paprocki said in a statement. "To support legislation that treats babies in the womb like property, allowing for their destruction for any reason at any time, is evil. It’s my hope and prayer these lawmakers reconcile themselves to the Church so they can receive Communion.".....snip~


    https://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/war...510921881.html



    The Bishop singled those 2 out. But says any Catholic Demos wont receive communion until they repent.




    Bishop Denies Communion for Dems Who Pushed Illinois ...

    https://www.libertyheadlines.com/catholic-communion-illinois-abortion
    Jun 06, 2019 · The decree barring Illinois’ two highest-ranking lawmakers — both Catholic Democrats from Chicago — from taking the sacrament was issued by Thomas Paprocki, bishop of the Springfield Diocese, less than a week after an abortion rights bill won final approval in the legislature and sent to Gov. J.B. Pritzker.




    Bishop bans communion for Democrat officials - dailytimes.ng

    https://dailytimes.ng/bishop-bans-communion-for-democrat-officials
    Bishop bans communion for Democrat officials. Bishop bans communion for Democrat officials. June 6, 2019. UN runs out of cash in August – Guterres. ... The decree barring Illinois’ two highest-ranking lawmakers, both Catholic Democrats from Chicago, from taking the sacrament was issued by Thomas Paprocki, Bishop of Springfield Diocese. ...
    Don't only Practice your Art, but force your way into its Secrets, For it and Knowledge can Raise men to the Divine!!!!! Ludwig Van Beethoven ~

  2. #2
    Points: 13,559, Level: 28
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 891
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points
    Sergeant Gleed's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    2041
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Right Now? The Planet Gand
    Posts
    4,872
    Points
    13,559
    Level
    28
    Thanks Given
    492
    Thanked 2,033x in 1,585 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should have happened to all pretend Catholics promoting infanticide since before Roe v Wade.
    Freedom Requires Obstinance.

    We the People DID NOT vote in a majority Rodent Congress, they stole it via election fraud.

  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sergeant Gleed For This Useful Post:

    Captdon (06-07-2019),MMC (06-08-2019),Peter1469 (06-08-2019)

  4. #3
    Points: 48,124, Level: 53
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 726
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    7500
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    22,618
    Points
    48,124
    Level
    53
    Thanks Given
    38,985
    Thanked 7,499x in 6,004 Posts
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if a bishop can do that.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our freedom and our society and our morals.

  5. #4
    Points: 53,364, Level: 56
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,086
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    AZ Jim's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    135982
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    11,010
    Points
    53,364
    Level
    56
    Thanks Given
    4,190
    Thanked 3,992x in 2,766 Posts
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Church punishing members for political decisions? Is that a role for them?
    Cons are anti-American Russian lovers.

  6. #5

    tPF Moderator
    Points: 29,781, Level: 42
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 1,269
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial25000 Experience Points
    gamewell45's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Karma
    9413
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    upstate New York
    Posts
    8,934
    Points
    29,781
    Level
    42
    Thanks Given
    3,451
    Thanked 3,676x in 2,601 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Illinois House Speaker Michael Madigan and Senate President John Cullerton, both Catholic Democrats from Chicago, were banned Thursday from receiving communion in Springfield because of their support for legislation expanding abortion rights.


    Bishop Thomas John Paprocki issued the decree, according to a statement from the Diocese of Springfield, specifically in response to the leaders' role in the passage of two measures, one from the most recent legislative and another that was signed into law in 2017.


    "The Eucharist is the most sacred aspect of our Catholic faith," Paprocki said in a statement. "To support legislation that treats babies in the womb like property, allowing for their destruction for any reason at any time, is evil. It’s my hope and prayer these lawmakers reconcile themselves to the Church so they can receive Communion.".....snip~


    https://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/war...510921881.html



    The Bishop singled those 2 out. But says any Catholic Demos wont receive communion until they repent.




    Bishop Denies Communion for Dems Who Pushed Illinois ...

    https://www.libertyheadlines.com/catholic-communion-illinois-abortion
    Jun 06, 2019 · The decree barring Illinois’ two highest-ranking lawmakers — both Catholic Democrats from Chicago — from taking the sacrament was issued by Thomas Paprocki, bishop of the Springfield Diocese, less than a week after an abortion rights bill won final approval in the legislature and sent to Gov. J.B. Pritzker.




    Bishop bans communion for Democrat officials - dailytimes.ng

    https://dailytimes.ng/bishop-bans-communion-for-democrat-officials
    Bishop bans communion for Democrat officials. Bishop bans communion for Democrat officials. June 6, 2019. UN runs out of cash in August – Guterres. ... The decree barring Illinois’ two highest-ranking lawmakers, both Catholic Democrats from Chicago, from taking the sacrament was issued by Thomas Paprocki, Bishop of Springfield Diocese. ...
    Time for the both of them to become Episcopalians.
    Currently plotting the overthrow of the world; unfortunately I have no idea how to do it.
    .
    Independent and proud of it!
    If you allow people to use you as a piece of carpet, they will. -- Eugene V. Debs

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to gamewell45 For This Useful Post:

    Captdon (07-25-2019)

  8. #6
    Points: 13,895, Level: 28
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 555
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered10000 Experience Points
    alexa's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    2630
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    5,029
    Points
    13,895
    Level
    28
    Thanks Given
    2,409
    Thanked 2,620x in 1,907 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They were commuting from Chicago to Springfield to go to communion?
    Nemo me impune lacessit




  9. #7
    Original Ranter
    Points: 279,276, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranYour first Group
    Captain Obvious's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    771659
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    77,322
    Points
    279,276
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    27,802
    Thanked 37,803x in 25,684 Posts
    Mentioned
    986 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alexa View Post
    They were commuting from Chicago to Springfield to go to communion?
    Those bedroom communities have trendy eateries
    my junk is ugly

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Obvious For This Useful Post:

    alexa (06-08-2019)

  11. #8
    Points: 200,504, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    265970
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Bremerton Washington or Sayulita Mexico depending on the time of year.
    Posts
    88,632
    Points
    200,504
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    10,209
    Thanked 34,944x in 26,138 Posts
    Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Catholic doctrine opposes abortion. If you are not pro life and a Catholic, you are not in step with the principles of your faith. What’s the problem?

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

    Captdon (07-25-2019),MMC (06-08-2019),Peter1469 (06-08-2019)

  13. #9
    Points: 30,887, Level: 42
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 163
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    302934
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    11,109
    Points
    30,887
    Level
    42
    Thanks Given
    1,814
    Thanked 9,037x in 5,234 Posts
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    Catholic doctrine opposes abortion. If you are not pro life and a Catholic, you are not in step with the principles of your faith. What’s the problem?
    The separation of Church and State is, or should be, a two-way street. It is hypocritical for a religious body, or an authority figure therein, to punish a civil authority for representing the will of their constituents and doing their job; they would never tolerate any sort of similar interference from the government in church affairs or church teachings - making it unlawful, as an example, to speak from the pulpit against abortion. What the Bishop did is not legally actionable, but it also isn't wise.
    "It is a foolish man who believes that he possesses all of the answers unless he is absolutely certain that he has heard all of the questions." - me

    "At some point when you create yourself to make it, you're going to have to either let that creation go and take a chance on being loved or hated for who you really are, or you're going to have to kill who you really are and fall into your grave grasping a character you never were." - Jim Carrey

  14. #10
    Points: 200,504, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    265970
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Bremerton Washington or Sayulita Mexico depending on the time of year.
    Posts
    88,632
    Points
    200,504
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    10,209
    Thanked 34,944x in 26,138 Posts
    Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    The separation of Church and State is, or should be, a two-way street. It is hypocritical for a religious body, or an authority figure therein, to punish a civil authority for representing the will of their constituents and doing their job; they would never tolerate any sort of similar interference from the government in church affairs or church teachings - making it unlawful, as an example, to speak from the pulpit against abortion. What the Bishop did is not legally actionable, but it also isn't wise.
    Being opposed to abortion has nothing to do with the separation of church and state.

    why should government insert itself into this issue?

  15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

    Captdon (07-25-2019),Mister D (06-08-2019),MMC (06-08-2019),nathanbforrest45 (08-05-2019),Peter1469 (06-08-2019)

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Critical Acclaim
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO