Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,715x in 16,155 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    There is a certain amount of natural ability needed to do trade work. After innate mechanical ability, skills can be developed, and honed over time. I have been at it for many years, and I still learn new stuff, or stumble across ways to work more efficiently. I also know tradespeople who have been at it for decades, and are still hacks. Part of that is due to a lack of natural ability, and the other part is not really caring about craftsmanship, or having a passion for working with your hands. I love what I do, and never have a "long day" at work.
    My "natural ability" is the ability to visualize numerical equations and solve them doing it. I understand something about numbers that allow me to bend their value by combining constants with variables. Then I mark it with units aka "capital " . I form a price perimeter on both sides as a zone of no breach. I then convert it all and partner it to a diminishing certainty which is " time". Its hard to explain easy to do. Im 42-1 in the W-L column since 2011. I can see it then place the order. As a broker I usually had the trade made while others were trying to score a calculator .
    In high school I ran a blank report card scheme so my grades were el excellant lol. I remember getting 2 percentile in technical and a 99 in banking / finance. As a flourishing high school bookie I was proud . proud and hell to the rebel yell stuff , proud. I would probably die if I touched a wire or climbed a roof. I cant do it. As a young snotnose id spend weeks building a model car. As soon as it dried id throw it against the wall and smash it. I suck
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,679
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,715x in 16,155 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotton1 View Post
    My "natural ability" is the ability to visualize numerical equations and solve them doing it. I understand something about numbers that allow me to bend their value by combining constants with variables. Then I mark it with units aka "capital " . I form a price perimeter on both sides as a zone of no breach. I then convert it all and partner it to a diminishing certainty which is " time". Its hard to explain easy to do. Im 42-1 in the W-L column since 2011. I can see it then place the order. As a broker I usually had the trade made while others were trying to score a calculator .
    In high school I ran a blank report card scheme so my grades were el excellant lol. I remember getting 2 percentile in technical and a 99 in banking / finance. As a flourishing high school bookie I was proud . proud and hell to the rebel yell stuff , proud. I would probably die if I touched a wire or climbed a roof. I cant do it. As a young snotnose id spend weeks building a model car. As soon as it dried id throw it against the wall and smash it. I suck
    Shut your fukkin mouth , hillbilly.
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 266
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    zachroidott's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 566x in 460 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    Liberals hound people about getting college educations and tell everyone you cant be successful without it. The richest man Ive personally ever known started out as a plumbers helper and wound up owning a chain of plumbing supply houses and had dozens of plumbing trucks on the street along with all those years buying property thats now worth in the hundreds of millions and has ownership of many other business', He never graduated high school.

Tradesmen are not unsuccessful they BUILT this country, maintain it and keep it moving.

I agree most people need a college education but not this indoctrination they have now, graduating morons who have agendas instead of training
    Electricians and plumbers will still be in demand for the next fifty years, and banks and universities will still make a killing.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to zachroidott For This Useful Post:

Cotton1 (06-08-2019)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,487x in 94,934 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    That’s mostly because they lazy fat bodies. When I went to basic training, we lost about 15% of the trainees in the first week. From day one you could predict who they were.
    We had some sort of pre-basic time where people who were weak on PT stayed until they were more prepared. I got out of that as soon as possible. I was in pretty good shape going in.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

+ Reply to Thread