Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,249x in 27,870 Posts
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shut up and Act

Georgia-Boycotting Star's 'Dark Phoenix' Flames Out At Box Office Amid Brutal Reviews

The latest installment of the "X-Men" series, starring "Game of Thrones" star Sophie Turner, who recently made headlines for joining the boycott of Georgia over its "heartbeat bill," is flaming out at the box office...

Turner along with her "Dark Phoenix" co-star Jessica Chastain announced in a recent interview with Sky News that they both signed a letter with dozens of their fellow Hollywood stars pledging to boycott states that enact strict abortion laws, particularly Georgia, the third-largest film production state in the country.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/48206...-james-barrett

I won't be watching Sophie Turner any longer. When will people who pretend to be other people learn to shut up and act?
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (06-11-2019)

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,272
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    jimmyz's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,315x in 4,381 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never cared for that ginger Amazon for some reason. My gut was right.
    " I'm old-fashioned. I like two sexes! And another thing, all of a sudden I don't like being married to what is known as a 'new woman'. I want a wife, not a competitor. Competitor! Competitor!" - Spencer Tracy in 'Adam's Rib' (1949)

Art thou every retard among us related to thine uncle or mistress by way of moral or illegitimate rendezvous? Thus, we are one side of the other's coin by luck or pluck. - Jimmyz

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 839
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,088x in 12,283 Posts
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The X-Men franchise is not part of the main Marvel Cinematic Universe, and - except for Logan, which was sort of a spin-off - the X-Men films have been doing less and less at the box office for years. No one expected Dark Phoenix to fare any differently. The reviews are apparently what killed the thing - certainly not anyone's political views. The most fanatical audience and target demographic for this kind of movie, generally speaking, either doesn't care about the whole Georgia situation or is on Turner's side...just not enough to go see her movie after reading how badly it sucked.

I think it's funny how many conservatives like to dismiss or insult entertainment industry types, until one of them - like Jon Voigt or James Woods - comes out in support of a conservative cause or viewpoint. Then they can't praise the guy enough.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points
    Sergeant Gleed's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,038x in 1,586 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most if them are too stupid to realize their own press clippings aren't true.

They want to pretend they are as smart as the characters someone else write their dialogue for, so they have no problem feeling smart when they read yet another script someone else wrote for them about some left-wing political idiocy if the day...

...because they are too stupid to realize that it is idiocy they're reading.

And they are also too stupid to realize that the people paying for the tickets want to see Han Solo on the screen, and not be reminded that Han Solo turned into a bitter moronic anti-American Rodent after he retired...

...and I pick on Harrison Ford in particular because he gave an interview one time, about acting, and, talking about some director, discussed how that director was excited over some now - famous star saying "see, even in this early role as a bell boy you could see he was going to be a star.", to which Ford replied "I thought he was supposed to be a bellboy."

Actors are supposed to be the roles they play on screen, and when their real life antics become unforgettable, they can no longer do their job.
    Freedom Requires Obstinance.

We the People DID NOT vote in a majority Rodent Congress, they stole it via election fraud.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    The X-Men franchise is not part of the main Marvel Cinematic Universe, and - except for Logan, which was sort of a spin-off - the X-Men films have been doing less and less at the box office for years. No one expected Dark Phoenix to fare any differently. The reviews are apparently what killed the thing - certainly not anyone's political views. The most fanatical audience and target demographic for this kind of movie, generally speaking, either doesn't care about the whole Georgia situation or is on Turner's side...just not enough to go see her movie after reading how badly it sucked.

I think it's funny how many conservatives like to dismiss or insult entertainment industry types, until one of them - like Jon Voigt or James Woods - comes out in support of a conservative cause or viewpoint. Then they can't praise the guy enough.
    Yeah, but, the reality is thst outside of Deliverance, who the hell is John Voight?

I never see him.

Or James Woods.

We the People DID NOT vote in a majority Rodent Congress, they stole it via election fraud.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant Gleed View Post
    Yeah, but, the reality is thst outside of Deliverance, who the hell is John Voight?

I never see him.

Or James Woods.
    And what I said for Rodent actors goes equally well here.

John Wayne played American heroes on screen, promoted America in his private life. No conceptual conflict between screen and reality.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sergeant Gleed For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (06-10-2019)

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 425
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Collateral Damage's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,800x in 4,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    I don't care what some celebrity's political standing is. They supply entertainment, or supposedly do. If I like their music, then I'll listen to it. If they are in a movie I enjoy, then I watch it. Be it Cher or James Woods, their only impact is in entertainment, and that's it.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." -- James Madison

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,249x in 27,870 Posts
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Collateral Damage View Post
    I don't care what some celebrity's political standing is. They supply entertainment, or supposedly do. If I like their music, then I'll listen to it. If they are in a movie I enjoy, then I watch it. Be it Cher or James Woods, their only impact is in entertainment, and that's it.
    I prefer entertainers who are entertainers.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

Collateral Damage (06-11-2019)

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassSocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    EvilCat Breath's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 965x in 637 Posts
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a non citizen, Sophie Turner should keep her opinions to herself.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranYour first Group
    Captain Obvious's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 40,087x in 27,208 Posts
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    lol

"Shut up and act"... unless you're pro-Trump then suddenly Hollywood is fantastic.

What I find funny about this is how hacks have no self-awareness, that they don't see the hypocrisy.

But that's why they're hacks.

Carry on
    my junk is ugly

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Captain Obvious For This Useful Post:

AZ Jim (06-10-2019),Safety (06-10-2019),Standing Wolf (06-11-2019)

+ Reply to Thread