Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,038x in 1,586 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotton1 View Post
    Duly note...with every 2% average gain the ending balance triples. Its very important to understand risk is commiserate with reward. But Cotton , papa was a.no count . mama gave her to the church forcs new jet..i wont be working at age 1 ( ..scram kid, kool aid stand university. Kids like you often.become very successful.
    Commensurate, not commiserate.
    Freedom Requires Obstinance.

We the People DID NOT vote in a majority Rodent Congress, they stole it via election fraud.

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,679
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,715x in 16,155 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant Gleed View Post
    Commensurate, not commiserate.
    Thank you. I didn't sleep well last night and my eyes are very blurry past few hours

Actually do me a favor. Never try to undermine me with childish spelling nazi crap because youre a clueless nit picker. If you think you can play with the big boyz..go ahead lol. In the meantime since I have numerous spelling and grammatical errors go thru and fix them. Be my gopher. People like you are why people like me get $100+ an hour to sit in a chair, watch tv and do whatever we want. I dont have time for details. Anyway, clean up my mess and don't leave a spot. Chop chop

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    While Gleed is shining my shoes this is a good time for me to state my purpose. #1. Its my passion. #2. Over the years I NEVER Saw a situation that didnt have cracks in it here and there. #3 failure to fully utilize capital. Why on earth would you work for your money then fail to properly and fully utilize it. ? #4. Countless simple oversights cost even average investors some times hundreds of thousands. #5. Make a mistake at 25 and it costs a fortune as errors compound too. Make it at 55, not so dire.#6.studies show men tend to blame the brokers for problems. Women blame the markets.Blane nobody. Reframe problems as opportunities. Fix them
    #7. Only about 150 people can be utilized before one hits the point of diminishing returns. That's why say Gore Tax has plants one beside the other 150 workers.#8. Casually note how busy your advisor is. At max I was juggling 160 clients. Im sorry your aunts pu$$y fell off but in all fairness to the others..brevity.#9. Fees are very much at discretion. I charged some clients 250% more than others...guess why? Time
    Last edited by Cotton1; 06-14-2019 at 10:28 AM.
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,409
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Hoosier8's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,216x in 6,439 Posts
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question: you are down 11%?
    S&P up 15%....
    Quite the divergence.
    #1. Is your 401 I'm your company stock only or mostly?
    #2. If no to #1 is it weighted heavy in rnerfu sector,
    Financials ?
    #3 . if yes to 1 or 2 then you may have too much cash and equivalents to spool up ..

If no to the above...i dont want to know personal stuff. Dont need to.just a yes or no.to 1 2 or 3 The elephant is so large its likely one fell swoop fix it.
    Basically mine are spread through a number of funds and now that I am older more of it in bonds. Very little in company stock.
    When Donald Trump said to protest “peacefully”, he meant violence.

When he told protesters to “go home”, he meant stay for an insurrection.

And when he told Brad Raffensperger to implement “whatever the correct legal remedy is”, he meant fraud.

War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier8 View Post
    Basically mine are spread through a number of funds and now that I am older more of it in bonds. Very little in company stock.
    Great! Hoosier, I misread your original post alluding to your 401. I thought you said you were down 11% on your 401 not uo 11% . Therefore your divergence was only 4% from the S&P. I said that to say that you are definately in the right mix as you are " getting older". Your gain vs the S&P gives you a "beta" of 73. That simply means if the broad markets rally say 25% you should show a gain of about 17-18% . thats actually a good thing at this point in your life. The beta of 73 doesnt suggest you are in a safe place (" safe being a relative term) , it screams it. I thought I would toss up the top performing bond sectors for you to use a point of reference, if so inclined. Your advisor deserves a pat on the back for his adherence to what at some point were obviously clearly stated goals and objectives.

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,409
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Hoosier8's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,216x in 6,439 Posts
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great! Hoosier, I misread your original post alluding to your 401. I thought you said you were down 11% on your 401 not uo 11% . Therefore your divergence was only 4% from the S&P. I said that to say that you are definately in the right mix as you are " getting older". Your gain vs the S&P gives you a "beta" of 73. That simply means if the broad markets rally say 25% you should show a gain of about 17-18% . thats actually a good thing at this point in your life. The beta of 73 doesnt suggest you are in a safe place (" safe being a relative term) , it screams it. I thought I would toss up the top performing bond sectors for you to use a point of reference, if so inclined. Your advisor deserves a pat on the back for his adherence to what at some point were obviously clearly stated goals and objectives.
    Never take advice from a relative. An older gentleman that has now passed on took his son's advice and put all of his retirement money in Lucent before the dot com crash and lost it all. He worked until he was close to 90.
    When Donald Trump said to protest “peacefully”, he meant violence.

When he told protesters to “go home”, he meant stay for an insurrection.

And when he told Brad Raffensperger to implement “whatever the correct legal remedy is”, he meant fraud.

War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.

+ Reply to Thread