Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,629x in 6,647 Posts
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    A lot of this kind of thing stems from seeing individuals not as individuals, but as members of a race - the thinking being that one race, as a group, must be advanced, regardless of what effect that has on individuals of another race. It is not, as it's sometimes called, "reverse discrimination" - it's just discrimination, without a qualifier.
    Isnt that just another way of describing the same thing.

People complain about police and police actions all the time, its just like any other business or industry or profession.
    When you lowered all the standards not just once, but lowered them, then lowered them even more because you didnt get the desired diversity, then lower them again, what do you get standing wolf, you get a lower quality of police force over years, a less capable police force with less confidence.

Now add to that the most qualified for promotion are passed over for what ever reason and over years that erodes the quality and confidence and overall environment and morale of the entire institution.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

GROUCHO MARX,

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 1,231
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Safety's Avatar Nationalist
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,064x in 14,331 Posts
    Mentioned
    1125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait, is this yet “another” case in where a discrimination was being identified based upon race and it was in favor of whites? How is that possible when day in and day out, conservatives argue that “protected classes” are unfair to “white males”?

Like I’ve said time after time, race is a protected class, not “race excluding white”, so just because you get upset at the number of people claiming discrimination happen to not look like you, doesn’t mean your “race” is not protected equally.
    “Conscientiously believing that the proper condition of the negro is slavery, or a complete subjection to the white man, and entertaining the belief that the day is not distant when the old Union will be restored with slavery nationally declared to be the proper condition of all of African descent, and in view of the future harmony and progress of all the States of America, I have been induced to issue this address, so that there may be no misunderstanding in the future”

- J. Davis

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,629x in 6,647 Posts
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety View Post
    Wait, is this yet “another” case in where a discrimination was being identified based upon race and it was in favor of whites? How is that possible when day in and day out, conservatives argue that “protected classes” are unfair to “white males”?

Like I’ve said time after time, race is a protected class, not “race excluding white”, so just because you get upset at the number of people claiming discrimination happen to not look like you, doesn’t mean your “race” is not protected equally.
    That is pure Caca but you know it, I know it, everybody knows it now getting you to admit it is a whole other ball game
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

GROUCHO MARX,

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,054
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    midcan5's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,408x in 1,020 Posts
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I can't believe what you say, because I see what you do." James Baldwin

If only discrimination would end, if only, it would be so nice a world and happiness would wash over all people, white and darker and red and yellow and tall and short and smart and dumb. If only. If whining made you rich all the whites in America would be rich. 'I coulda been someone.' It's their fault, you know them over there.

'Abigail Fisher's Supreme Court loss: A massive blow to mediocre white people coasting on their racial privilege'

https://www.salon.com/2016/06/23/abi...ial_privilege/

"White children, in the main, and whether they are rich or poor, grow up with a grasp of reality so feeble that they can very accurately be described as deluded--about themselves and the world they live in. White people have managed to get through their entire lifetimes in this euphoric state, but black people have not been so lucky: a black man who sees the world the way John Wayne, for example, sees it would not be an eccentric patriot, but a raving maniac." James Baldwin

"Humans universally make Us/Them dichotomies along lines of race, ethnicity, gender, language group, religion, age, socioeconomic status, and so on. And it’s not a pretty picture. We do so with remarkable speed and neurobiological efficiency; have complex taxonomies and classifications of ways in which we denigrate Thems; do so with a versatility that ranges from the minutest of microaggression to bloodbaths of savagery; and regularly decide what is inferior about Them based on pure emotion, followed by primitive rationalizations that we mistake for rationality. Pretty depressing."

http://nautil.us/issue/49/the-absurd...s-other-people
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA. We do.

Please note, I do not have time to reply to anyone who really thinks they have countered a point I've made, so please PM me and I will check out your reply. Tx

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both." Dwight D. Eisenhower

5. The Following User Says Thank You to midcan5 For This Useful Post:

Safety (06-15-2019)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 78,064x in 52,703 Posts
    Mentioned
    2220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A class of senior military officers sued the DoD over affirmative action and being passed over for promotion over less qualified minority officers. They lost their case. And yes race and sex does matter in promotions in the military, at least to a degree.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Please visit my blog http://thepoliticalforums.com/blogs/peter/
    (If a post link does not work, see the archives- it should work there.)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (06-15-2019)

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,310
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,677x in 5,590 Posts
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    ...."White children, in the main, and whether they are rich or poor, grow up with a grasp of reality so feeble that they can very accurately be described as deluded--about themselves and the world they live in. White people have managed to get through their entire lifetimes in this euphoric state, but black people have not been so lucky: a black man who sees the world the way John Wayne, for example, sees it would not be an eccentric patriot, but a raving maniac." James Baldwin....
    Those are the words of James Baldwin in 1962. The country - in its laws and in the knowledge and attitudes of the great majority of its citizens - has grown up and developed positively in the more than fifty-plus, almost sixty years since then. Those who, for whatever reason, believe otherwise are the ones with a tenuous grasp on reality.
    "It is a foolish man who believes that he possesses all of the answers unless he is absolutely certain that he has heard all of the questions." - me

"All three of my kids are adopted, and I'm always telling them, 'Don't ever get high and sign things'." - Paula Poundstone

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 2,075
    Overall activity: 82.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First Class
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,052x in 16,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    A class of senior military officers sued the DoD over affirmative action and being passed over for promotion over less qualified minority officers. They lost their case. And yes race and sex does matter in promotions in the military, at least to a degree.
    I worked with a black major. He seldom did his job but was constantly on the DoD phone calling his black buddies all over the world. He got promoted when the time came.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 78,064x in 52,703 Posts
    Mentioned
    2220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    I worked with a black major. He seldom did his job but was constantly on the DoD phone calling his black buddies all over the world. He got promoted when the time came.
    That is common in the military.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Please visit my blog http://thepoliticalforums.com/blogs/peter/
    (If a post link does not work, see the archives- it should work there.)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (06-15-2019)

+ Reply to Thread