Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 16,261x in 10,568 Posts
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpster View Post
    Can man create an earth-like gravity for Mars so humans will survive and be totally self-sustaining? What has been proposed is a one-way trip to Mars, so this is the issue: How will they survive long term in gravity that is only 38% that of earth when we already know what deadly consequences it will have on the human body?

Well, in my considered opinion you are apparently opposed to the concept of space travel. In that case may I simply suggest you stay home?

You don't really think we will just shoot people to Mars without any knowledge of what they might be subjected to do you?

When they first built railroads people were of the opinion that the human body would cease to function if it exceeded 60 miles per hour. The brain could not handle the speed and would no longer allow the body to stay alive. I think that has been put to rest.

The point is we don't know but we will learn.
    Last edited by nathanbforrest45; 06-24-2019 at 09:14 PM.

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 308
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Trumpster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 345x in 251 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanbforrest45 View Post
    Well, in my considered opinion you are apparently opposed to the concept of space travel. In that case may I simply suggest you stay home?
    Statements like that show what a classy guy you are, Nathan.

You don't really think we will just shoot people to Mars without any knowledge of what they might be subjected to do you?

When they first built railroads people were of the opinion that the human body would cease to function if it exceeded 60 miles per hour. The brain could not handle the speed and would no longer allow the body to stay alive. I think that has been put to rest.
    You're talking about everyday "people". I got my information about the deadly effects of Martian gravity from an article written by a scientist whose name is Dr. Kevin Fong. He's an astrophysicist, astronaut, and anaesthetist.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Scient...a0f95d0e8916f9

+ Reply to Thread