User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: A Great Pit Bull story

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranYour first Group
    Captain Obvious's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 40,087x in 27,208 Posts
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A viscous terrier isn't going to maul anyone.

The majority of pit bull owners own them because of their reputation and they're idiots, and that's why people, children get mauled by them.

Pit bulls are the white trash trailer park owner's favorite dog.
    my junk is ugly

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 2,257
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,050x in 8,898 Posts
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Private Pickle View Post
    There are dozens of these videos. Perhaps I should... It seems to me that people simply won't believe it until they see it despite the statistics.
    There are also videos of people shooting other people. Are all people vicious and are all guns bad? This is really the same argument. There are far more good Pits than the bad ones, just like there are more good people than bad. Bad people make bad dogs deliberately, whether it be by mating dogs with a genetic history of mental instability with others with the same history or by treating the animals with such cruelty that they hate people. People who can't raise civilized children are just as terrible raising dogs. Both their children and dogs are vicious because these people don't raise either - the kids and dogs grow up insecure, often treated with cruelty, often left hungry and entirely undisciplined. Raising a good dog is at a psychological level like raising a good child. It's not instinct that causes dogs to attack for no reason, but fear and insecurity.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Achievements:
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    A viscous terrier isn't going to maul anyone.

The majority of pit bull owners own them because of their reputation and they're idiots, and that's why people, children get mauled by them.

Pit bulls are the white trash trailer park owner's favorite dog.
    Just like people are not genetically predisposed to being trailer trash, but raised that way, the same is true for their dogs. If they can't get Pits, they will find some other breed, be it Shepherds or Rotties or some kind of Mastiff that they will raise to be a monster.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranYour first Group
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Just like people are not genetically predisposed to being trailer trash, but raised that way, the same is true for their dogs. If they can't get Pits, they will find some other breed, be it Shepherds or Rotties or some kind of Mastiff that they will raise to be a monster.
    I couldn't agree less.

Animals aren't people and pit bulls are built to kill. Regardless of how timid some might seem, they're animals. Animals don't reason and if you own one that can potentially kill someone you better be $#@!ing responsible.

Most pit bull owners aren't, they own them because of their reputation, which is "cool" to them and they don't raise and treat them well and even the ones who do still find out the hard way that they're animals and people, lacking ration and reason.

I live in a white trash town and there are plenty of pit bulls here. I'll take some photos of the houses that have them with the dog in the pic if I can get it. Then consider if these people appear to be responsible potentially killing dog owners.
    my junk is ugly

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just a week ago I was walking, I walk a lot, to and from work.

I had headphones on and was listening to my mp3 when I felt something hit the back of my leg, it was a pit bull. Smaller one with a huge head, startled me. No collar, nothing. Fortunately he was friendly and these kids, dirty, ripped up clothes, maybe 10? ran after it and grabbed it by whatever they could grab and dragged it back to the front yard.

Where were the parents, the dog owners? Nowhere to be seen.

That's the prototypical pit bull owner.
    my junk is ugly

Achievements:
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a week ago I was walking, I walk a lot, to and from work.

I had headphones on and was listening to my mp3 when I felt something hit the back of my leg, it was a pit bull. Smaller one with a huge head, startled me. No collar, nothing. Fortunately he was friendly and these kids, dirty, ripped up clothes, maybe 10? ran after it and grabbed it by whatever they could grab and dragged it back to the front yard.

Where were the parents, the dog owners? Nowhere to be seen.

That's the prototypical pit bull owner.
    Notice that your focus is on the dog owner, not the dog. Most of the time it's the dog owners who are to blame for the psychotic dog. The only reason that Pits are so popular among the irresponsible and penurious crowd is that they are cheap to acquire. Their owners don't get them fixed and they breed them for extra money, regardless of temperament. Any breed of dog can be ruined by bad breeding and unqualified owners. Let me guess, these dogs are either on a massive chain in front of the trailer, regardless of the weather, with no shelter, laying in dirt, or they are running loose. When they are bad, they are very dangerous animals, but I think that it's because of people, not in spite of them.

Mahatma Gandhi

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Notice that your focus is on the dog owner, not the dog. Most of the time it's the dog owners who are to blame for the psychotic dog. The only reason that Pits are so popular among the irresponsible and penurious crowd is that they are cheap to acquire. Their owners don't get them fixed and they breed them for extra money, regardless of temperament. Any breed of dog can be ruined by bad breeding and unqualified owners. Let me guess, these dogs are either on a massive chain in front of the trailer, regardless of the weather, with no shelter, laying in dirt, or they are running loose. When they are bad, they are very dangerous animals, but I think that it's because of people, not in spite of them.
    Why wouldn't I? Focus on the dog owner. Those are the morons who are owning these animals that are mauling people.

That's kind of my point, I have nothing against the dogs. My childhood pet was a pit bull mix, he was fine but my dad who probably really never understood how dangerous those dogs are, he got it from the pound on a whim but he had that dog trained and both he and I walked him a lot.

Only time I ever saw my dad cry was when Patches had to be put down because of cancer.

Lots of stories, everyone in the neighborhood knew Patches. But that's not why most people own these dogs. My dad didn't care to own a breed with a reputation for being hard-ass, he just wanted a dog. I don't think that can be said about many if not most pit bull owners now. White trash wants a big ass truck, mean dog and skanky chic.
    my junk is ugly

Achievements:
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why wouldn't I? Focus on the dog owner. Those are the morons who are owning these animals that are mauling people.

That's kind of my point, I have nothing against the dogs. My childhood pet was a pit bull mix, he was fine but my dad who probably really never understood how dangerous those dogs are, he got it from the pound on a whim but he had that dog trained and both he and I walked him a lot.

Only time I ever saw my dad cry was when Patches had to be put down because of cancer.

Lots of stories, everyone in the neighborhood knew Patches. But that's not why most people own these dogs. My dad didn't care to own a breed with a reputation for being hard-ass, he just wanted a dog. I don't think that can be said about many if not most pit bull owners now. White trash wants a big ass truck, mean dog and skanky chic.
    Then rather than killing all Pits or banning the breed, perhaps the penalty for raising a crazy dog and not ensuring that it doesn't menace the neighborhood should be much stricter. I've known all kinds of people with Pits who just like dogs and adopt them from the pound because they need a home.

Mahatma Gandhi

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Then rather than killing all Pits or banning the breed, perhaps the penalty for raising a crazy dog and not ensuring that it doesn't menace the neighborhood should be much stricter. I've known all kinds of people with Pits who just like dogs and adopt them from the pound because they need a home.
    Who said anything about killing and banning? I would never advocate that. People are stupid, they do stupid $#@!, that pisses me off.

People suck, my town is full of idiots with dogs barking and howling at all hours of the night. If I'm going to advocate something it's to force these idiots to maintain their dogs. And other things.

Nobody has common courtesy anymore. Pistol whip these $#@!s and leave them to rot for crow fodder.
    my junk is ugly

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Obvious For This Useful Post:

Dr. Who (06-15-2019)

Achievements:
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who said anything about killing and banning? I would never advocate that. People are stupid, they do stupid $#@!, that pisses me off.

People suck, my town is full of idiots with dogs barking and howling at all hours of the night. If I'm going to advocate something it's to force these idiots to maintain their dogs. And other things.

Nobody has common courtesy anymore. Pistol whip these $#@!s and leave them to rot for crow fodder.
    People do suck. Those who do are raised that way. There is more oversight over dog adoption than over those who pop out babies every year and raise them to be animals. It's funny though, that's really often at both ends of the economic spectrum.

Mahatma Gandhi

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

Captain Obvious (06-15-2019)

+ Reply to Thread