Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,038x in 1,586 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyz View Post
    I have an arcade Galaga machine in the game room. That's how behind the times I am. The pool table, dart board and pinball machine get more use.

I bought some games for my nephew at a game store one Christmas only to be told, "these are Console3 games that won't work on my Console4 machine". That was the end of my future involvement in purchasing any gaming products from companies like Sony.
    When we went to Las Vegas for the FIRST robotics regional, the moms found a pinball arcade museum with all those wonderful quarter-in-tge-slot machines restored. There really isn't anything like that in the modern world.

I still suck at Asteroids, too.
    Freedom Requires Obstinance.

We the People DID NOT vote in a majority Rodent Congress, they stole it via election fraud.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,536x in 26,005 Posts
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Do you feel the same way with music? I have lots of CDs which I have copied to my computer. But I really only listen to Pandora now.
    No, because people can just burn their music on to CDs if they want to. But you cannot take a digital copy of a video game and transfer it to a physical medium without some kind of license from the owner of the intellectual property. The biggest reason to have physical copies of games is because you can sell them when you're done using them. You cannot re-sell a digital copy of a video game, as far as I'm aware.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

IMPress Polly (06-23-2019)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,575x in 94,412 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    No, because people can just burn their music on to CDs if they want to. But you cannot take a digital copy of a video game and transfer it to a physical medium without some kind of license from the owner of the intellectual property. The biggest reason to have physical copies of games is because you can sell them when you're done using them. You cannot re-sell a digital copy of a video game, as far as I'm aware.
    You can download copies of games off Bit Torrent, I think, and if you have the crack codes use them on your PC. I don't know about console games.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,536x in 26,005 Posts
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    You can download copies of games off Bit Torrent, I think, and if you have the crack codes use them on your PC. I don't know about console games.
    Right, but that's illegal and not very practical, especially nowadays. The last time I trolled the internet looking for crack codes was in the late 1990's. It's much easier to just buy the thing on STEAM when it goes on sale or something. Incidentally, STEAM is a big driver of the digitilization trend in gaming. Surprised the OP did not mention it.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 1,804
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first Group50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    IMPress Polly's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,643x in 4,358 Posts
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Most of the games I play these days are smaller indie games that never get physical releases, unfortunately. I do usually buy the physical versions of games that get released in that format though, but it's not for resale value. I almost never resell my games. I have almost every game I've ever bought still for sentimental value. I prefer physical copies when they're available because they use up less of my console's memory, which saves me money on memory cards in the long run (considering how many games I buy). Now they take up physical space obviously, so it's a trade-off of physical storage space for more virtual storage space, but that's worth it to me.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IMPress Polly For This Useful Post:

Ethereal (06-25-2019),Peter1469 (06-23-2019)

+ Reply to Thread