User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joe Biden under fire for segregationist senators remarks

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.3%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,834x in 9,786 Posts
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    Well if they are against "civility" it pretty much didn't matter what he said after that
    What about when Creepy Joe isn't so civil?
    Don't only Practice your Art, but force your way into its Secrets, For it and Knowledge can Raise men to the Divine!!!!! Ludwig Van Beethoven ~

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,323x in 5,853 Posts
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Jim View Post
    All you trumpies brush off the asinine remarks made by your hero daily but anything Biden says is earth shattering!!!!!!!!!
    No one said it was earth shattering, Jimbo. It was funny as hell to see the uproar of Dem vs Dem.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our freedom and our society and our morals.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Captdon For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (06-23-2019)

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,323x in 5,853 Posts
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Odd isn't it that Booker will sit down and talk with an anti-Semitic. white hating Farrakhan but Creepy Joe can't sit down and talk with racists?
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our freedom and our society and our morals.

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 1,574
    Overall activity: 70.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ransom's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,088x in 6,689 Posts
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Joe always puts his foot in his mouth. He can't help it. Booker flipped out over this one.
    Booker is an idiot.
    People who enter the US without our permission are illegal aliens and illegal aliens should not be treated the same as people who entered the US legally

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (06-24-2019)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    Booker is an idiot.
    Then he turned around and said he would meet with a known racist. Farrakan.
    Don't only Practice your Art, but force your way into its Secrets, For it and Knowledge can Raise men to the Divine!!!!! Ludwig Van Beethoven ~

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 1,574
    Overall activity: 70.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ransom's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,088x in 6,689 Posts
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone know who said the following about segregationist Robert Byrd?

As we used to say in my years in the Senate, if you’ll excuse a point of personal privilege here for a moment, a very close friend of mine, one of my mentors -- a guy who was there when I was a 29-year-old kid being sworn into the United States Senate shortly thereafter; a guy who stood in the rain, in a pouring rain, freezing rain outside a church as I buried my daughter and my wife before I got sworn in, Robert C. Byrd. He passed away today. He was the -- we lost the dean of the United States Senate, but also the state of West Virginia lost its most fierce advocate and, as I said, I lost a dear friend.

I'll give this one away...that was Joe Biden.

Now, who said this about segregationist Robert Byrd

He was as much a part of the Senate as the marble busts that line its chamber and its corridors. His profound passion for that body and its role and responsibilities was as evident behind closed doors as it was in the stemwinders he peppered with history. He held the deepest respect of members of both parties, and he was generous with his time and advice, something I appreciated greatly as a young senator.
    People who enter the US without our permission are illegal aliens and illegal aliens should not be treated the same as people who entered the US legally

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 658
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points
    Sergeant Gleed's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,011x in 1,568 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    The more Joe Biden talks, the more he digs a hole. He's run for the Democratic nomination more than once. He's been rejected early every time. He's a clown.
    He's been rejected every time.

But now the owners if the Rodents want an easy pupoet, and they've selected Creepy Joe as the least worst of an extremely poor lot.

Creepy Joe I'd going to be getting pluralirltues in many winner - take all Rodent primaries in a running scam no different than what the RINOS tried to pull with Jeb!, but not even Creepy Joe can be expected to blab about the game like thst idiot Jeb! did.
    Freedom Requires Obstinance.

We the People DID NOT vote in a majority Rodent Congress, they stole it via election fraud.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    Anyone know who said the following about segregationist Robert Byrd?

As we used to say in my years in the Senate, if you’ll excuse a point of personal privilege here for a moment, a very close friend of mine, one of my mentors -- a guy who was there when I was a 29-year-old kid being sworn into the United States Senate shortly thereafter; a guy who stood in the rain, in a pouring rain, freezing rain outside a church as I buried my daughter and my wife before I got sworn in, Robert C. Byrd. He passed away today. He was the -- we lost the dean of the United States Senate, but also the state of West Virginia lost its most fierce advocate and, as I said, I lost a dear friend.

I'll give this one away...that was Joe Biden.

Now, who said this about segregationist Robert Byrd

He was as much a part of the Senate as the marble busts that line its chamber and its corridors. His profound passion for that body and its role and responsibilities was as evident behind closed doors as it was in the stemwinders he peppered with history. He held the deepest respect of members of both parties, and he was generous with his time and advice, something I appreciated greatly as a young senator.
    Joe Biden on racist colleague: 'He never called me boy'

news.yahoo.com/joe-biden-on-racist-colleague-he-never-called-me-boy-153400998.html
    Jun 19, 2019 Joe Biden dismissed criticism from “the new New Left” wing of his party that his ... added that the senator “never called meboy,’” a racial epithet used against black men. James O. Eastland and Joe Biden. (Photo illustration: Yahoo News; photos: AP) More “He always called meson,’” said Biden.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 43,614x in 32,167 Posts
    Mentioned
    1700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The left starts to eat its own with PC nd identity politcs.

Joe Biden throws own campaign into turmoil after Harris attacks his record on race

Joe Biden stumbled into a potential campaign-defining moment Thursday that pitched his effort to win the Democratic nomination onto suddenly shaky ground.

Reeling from an attack by a much younger rival, Kamala Harris, the 76-year-old delivered an unfortunate soundbite at the Democratic debate that threatens to symbolize his biggest political liability.

"My time is up," he said, meaning to cut short one of his own answers but instead drawing attention to a question that haunts his campaign: Has his generation's time come and gone?
    His time is up.

It is interesting if you listen, he is correct busing shouldn't have been a federal DOE order, it should have been decided by each community as it was in Harris's case. Still fun to see them eat their own.

Edmund Burke: "In vain you tell me that Artificial Government is good, but that I fall out only with the Abuse. The Thing! the Thing itself is the Abuse!"

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 43,614x in 32,167 Posts
    Mentioned
    1700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    A reminder of the dangers of race-card playing.

Accusing Biden Of Racism Betrays The Term’s Flaccidity

...These kinds of allegations of racism, led by Cory Booker and Kamala Harris, stemming from what Biden’s detractors might describe as tone deafness is nothing new. These kinds of attacks have been leveled against Republicans for decades now. Usually these Republicans are accused of dog whistling, which is to say, saying something racist that only racists understand as racist, although obviously those calling out the dog whistle hear it, too — generally much more loudly than anyone else.

What is new is for this policing of speech about race to take aim at a major Democratic figure. The motivation here is obvious. Lets be clear, as Biden’s old boss used to say, there would be no accusations of anything had Biden not run for president or if he didn’t lead in the polls. We know this because it was ignored both times he ran for vice president. Certain of his opponents see an opportunity to ding him here, and they are taking it

At the same time, they are being very careful about it. He’s not really being accused of dog whistling, because that requires intent. Nobody, at least thus far, is arguing that Biden is saying intentionally racist things to attract voters.

...One major risk associated with this kind of attack is that non-progressive white Democrats will see themselves in Biden. If Biden can be accused of racism for such inoffensive speech, then what chance do they have? The white Brooklyn wokester knows she can never be “really” racist because she knows she is racist in the way all white people are. That doesn’t fly over so well in Kansas or Indiana.

Stepping back from politics, to the extent that is even possible is 2019: this is a bad trend for our society. And it carries potentially devastating consequences. One is that good, decent people like Biden get smeared, but arguably worse is that white Americans, and just white Americans, become numb to accusations of racism that have merit and need to be addressed....
    Edmund Burke: "In vain you tell me that Artificial Government is good, but that I fall out only with the Abuse. The Thing! the Thing itself is the Abuse!"

+ Reply to Thread