Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,307x in 4,359 Posts
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant Gleed View Post
    Someone who uses science accurately to refute a Global Warming Cultists hysterical rantings.

They are using science to deny, you see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lummy View Post
    Well then, those are science truthers.

Somebody needs to tell Chris and Dr Who as they both seem to have taken a header down the rabbit hole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Interesting, since I haven't posted in this thread until now. Are you sure you have the right thread?

Well, and I wasn't talking to you but by indirect reference that is readily understood, Dr.

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mamooth View Post
    Galileo was the first to say the earth was round? Really?
    That bad history aside, scientists accepted Galileo quickly, as his data was good. It was the politically-driven religious fanatics, such as found in the denier cult, who rejected Galileo.
    He wasn't the first, Copernicus published a heliocentric theory and was shot down, too, by the "settled science" of the day. Why do you say the "deniers" (a term that indicates you're a teenager) are politically-driven religious fanatics? A good number of them are secular scientists. The problem with the climate change theory is folks like you that make it all seem like a scam because you can't get your point across without acting like an imbecile.

In science, the simplest theory that explains all of the observed data is the accepted theory. That's currently AGW theory. If you want to change that, present a better theory. Complaining that the accepted theory isn't 100.00000% proven isn't science, it's just complaining.
    You messed that up a little bit and should have looked it up before you typed it, but I'm aware what you tried to say. However, as I said, Gallelio's theory was also outside the "accepted theory." No one is complaining as far as I can tell except you, and I'm still not sure you even understand what it is you're complaining about.
    Then tell me. Describe what your theory is regarding what is driving the fast warming now.
    You really think I'm proposing a scientific "theory" about earth's climate patterns? Seriously? You really must be a youngster.
    This is where deniers usually run, being that they don't have a theory of any sort. All they have is contrarianism, and that's on their best day.
    There you go again with the "denier" bit. You could sure use to sit in a few Science 100 classes and relearn what the scientific theory is really all about. You're throwing everything you can at the wall, hoping something will stick, but so far -- nada.

Here's an idea -- trying using that gray matter located between your ears instead of obediently swallowing everything your political party shoves down your throat. Try doing your own research. Try reading peer-reviewed papers, and not just the ones that agree with your pre-formed notions. Broaden your horizons. It's a big old world out there and you're going to miss it if you insist on staying firmly in cult-thought.

You're beginning to bore me.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

Chris (06-26-2019),stjames1_53 (06-26-2019)

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 381
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 29,477x in 20,424 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    He wasn't the first, Copernicus published a heliocentric theory and was shot down, too, by the "settled science" of the day. Why do you say the "deniers" (a term that indicates you're a teenager) are politically-driven religious fanatics? A good number of them are secular scientists. The problem with the climate change theory is folks like you that make it all seem like a scam because you can't get your point across without acting like an imbecile.

You messed that up a little bit and should have looked it up before you typed it, but I'm aware what you tried to say. However, as I said, Gallelio's theory was also outside the "accepted theory." No one is complaining as far as I can tell except you, and I'm still not sure you even understand what it is you're complaining about.

You really think I'm proposing a scientific "theory" about earth's climate patterns? Seriously? You really must be a youngster.

There you go again with the "denier" bit. You could sure use to sit in a few Science 100 classes and relearn what the scientific theory is really all about. You're throwing everything you can at the wall, hoping something will stick, but so far -- nada.

Here's an idea -- trying using that gray matter located between your ears instead of obediently swallowing everything your political party shoves down your throat. Try doing your own research. Try reading peer-reviewed papers, and not just the ones that agree with your pre-formed notions. Broaden your horizons. It's a big old world out there and you're going to miss it if you insist on staying firmly in cult-thought.

And it would seem that the climate changers failed to take in to account two things. This planet has been changing since it was first formed. It wont stop until the core goes cold or explodes.
    Then there's celestial mechanics, and that's not so simple. It is amazing to me that someone thinks they are greater than our own galaxy. Man isn't anything but a speck on the grand scheme of things.
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

5. The Following User Says Thank You to stjames1_53 For This Useful Post:

Collateral Damage (06-26-2019)

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 2,069
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    AZ Jim's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,319x in 2,953 Posts
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I digress....

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Jim View Post
    DUH! What's a science?

Attachment 26209
    What a juvenile post..............c'mon Jim ..it ain't gonna change a thang
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,558x in 94,978 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Jim View Post
    DUH! What's a science?

Attachment 26209
    Troll post.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

stjames1_53 (06-27-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Troll post.
    well, at least I tried to say it nice. But you're right.
    - Thucydides

11. The Following User Says Thank You to stjames1_53 For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (06-27-2019)

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 847
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    mamooth's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,080x in 797 Posts
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    Why do you say the "deniers" (a term that indicates you're a teenager)
    I'm not going to go uber-PC just because correct English triggers you. Those who deny science are deniers.

are politically-driven religious fanatics?
    Because the evidence indicates that's the case. Denialism is restricted almost exclusively to the extreme right-wing fringe. If right-wing politics ceased to exist, denialism would vanish along with it.

In stark contrast, the real science crosses all political boundaries all around the world. If left-wing politics vanished, the science wouldn't be affected at all.

A good number of them are secular scientists.
    Most with right-wing political beliefs, and almost exclusively being paid large amounts of cash by right-wing organizations.

Follow the money. All of the corrupting bribe money goes to the denier side. Any ethical scientist could double their salary by lying for the deniers. They don't. They reject the bribe money, which gives them even more credibility.

The problem with the climate change theory is folks like you that make it all seem like a scam because you can't get your point across without acting like an imbecile.
    As basically the entire world agrees with me, my side clearly isn't have any trouble getting its point across, so your claim is delusional. You sound like a flat-earther screaming insults at the evil round-earthers.

Being that pointing out the failure of your logic and your reliance on pseudoscience isn't "complaining", that made no sense either.

No, I _asked_ you to do that. And predictably, you refused. So, you have no scientific theory, but you want to be taken seriously in a scientific discussion. Why do you expect not to be laughed at?

There you go again with the "denier" bit. You could sure use to sit in a few Science 100 classes and relearn what the scientific theory is really all about.
    Says the guy who just refused to present a theory, and acts proud of it. You can't make this stuff up.

You're throwing everything you can at the wall, hoping something will stick, but so far -- nada.
    Don't project. I've been consistent with one point, which is that deniers only do politics, and not science. In stark contrast, your and your side have been all over the place.

Here's an idea -- trying using that gray matter located between your ears instead of obediently swallowing everything your political party shoves down your throat.
    In order to pull off the condescending act, you actually have to have a clue. That's why I can do it. I know the science very well, and can communicate it well, and I'm well practiced in spotting denier fraud and logic failures.

Now, how does your conspiracy website tell you to answer that?

Try doing your own research. Try reading peer-reviewed papers, and not just the ones that agree with your pre-formed notions. Broaden your horizons. It's a big old world out there and you're going to miss it if you insist on staying firmly in cult-thought.
    Flat-earthers tell me the same thing. They're wrong for the same reasons you're wrong, because the hard data says so. You need to understand that the fanaticism your of beliefs has no bearing on whether those beliefs are true or not.

I see you're preparing your "Declare victory and retreat" speech. Don't worry. That was expected, so you're not disappointing anyone. Deniers always run.

Of course, then they come back later spouting the exact same nonsense. That's another reason we know they're cultists. When a cultist sees sacred cult scripture debunked, that causes him to double down in his belief, their reasoning being that the evil unbelievers wouldn't attack cult dogma if it wasn't true.
    Last edited by mamooth; 06-28-2019 at 05:14 PM.

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 847
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    mamooth's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,080x in 797 Posts
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stjames1_53 View Post
    And it would seem that the climate changers failed to take in to account two things. This planet has been changing since it was first formed. It wont stop until the core goes cold or explodes.
    Awful logic.

It's like saying "Forest fires used to always be natural, so that proves humans can't cause forest fires."

The fact that climate has changed without humans in no way prevents humans from changing climate.

Then there's celestial mechanics, and that's not so simple.
    Orbital factors would have the Earth cooling slowly. Instead, the earth is warming fast. A logical mind would think "Hmmm. Climate is going the opposite way of natural forcings. That means the change is not natural".

It is amazing to me that someone thinks they are greater than our own galaxy. Man isn't anything but a speck on the grand scheme of things.
    Fallacy of incredulity. You can't comprehend something, therefore you assume it can't happen.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 81,556x in 55,060 Posts
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So apparently according to liberal ideology humans are unnatural.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

+ Reply to Thread