User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Democrat congresswoman secretly sending staff into Mexico to coach asylum-seekers

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,323x in 10,925 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Democrat congresswoman secretly sending staff into Mexico to coach asylum-seekers

She should be put in prison, why the hell are we allowing this to go on

A Democratic congresswoman is sending staff to Mexico’s northern border town of Ciudad Juárez to find migrants returned from El Paso, Texas, under the “remain in Mexico” policy, then coaching them to pretend they cannot speak Spanish to exploit a loophole letting them to return to the U.S.

The National Border Patrol Council’s El Paso chapter and several Customs and Border Protection personnel told the Washington Examiner aides to Rep. Veronica Escobar, who took over 2020 Democratic presidential candidate Beto O’Rourke’s district, and the local Catholic diocese have interviewed thousands of migrants in Juarez over the past few weeks to find cases where Department of Homeland Security officials may have wrongly returned people.

“What we believe is happening is Veronica Escobar’s office is going … to basically second-guess and obstruct work already done by the Border Patrol,” said one senior union official, who shared evidence with the Washington Examiner from concerned CBP managers and rank-and-file members. Those documents have been held to protect identities.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...asylum-seekers
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

Captdon (07-07-2019)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,430x in 94,898 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ABA has been doing that for years.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Captdon (07-07-2019)

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,619
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bulletbob's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,639x in 3,469 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would not suprize me in the least.a congress member should be jailed for doing so

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,167x in 27,728 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 220
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Trish's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,754x in 2,330 Posts
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me first say I better not be paying for these trips via tax payer money.

If true, this congresswomen should be investigated thoroughly. Any money spent on this alleged activity should be paid back.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trish For This Useful Post:

FindersKeepers (07-09-2019),Peter1469 (07-07-2019)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trish View Post
    Let me first say I better not be paying for these trips via tax payer money.

If true, this congresswomen should be investigated thoroughly. Any money spent on this alleged activity should be paid back.
    If you are living in Texas.....you're paying. She took over Bobby (Beto ) O'Rourkes district when he jumped in to run for President.

Its True.....also Corey Booker went into Mexico and brought back some illegals to put them in front of the line before all other illegals.

Bobby O'Rourke even went down in Mexico there to Campaign for US President.

Also the Repubs should be publicly questioning if this Demo Woman is related to Pablo.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    If you are living in Texas.....you're paying. She took over Bobby (Beto ) O'Rourkes district when he jumped in to run for President.

Its True.....also Corey Booker went into Mexico and brought back some illegals to put them in front of the line before all other illegals.

Bobby O'Rourke even went down in Mexico there to Campaign for US President.

Also the Repubs should be publicly questioning if this Demo Woman is related to Pablo.
    I don't live in Texas so I'm not directly paying for it. I'm not sure how I feel about americans going into a country and encouraging immigration but we probably wouldn't be seeing this happen if this administration hadn't created this crisis.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Trish For This Useful Post:

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,430x in 94,898 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't live in Texas so I'm not directly paying for it. I'm not sure how I feel about americans going into a country and encouraging immigration but we probably wouldn't be seeing this happen if this administration hadn't created this crisis.
    It is more than just encouraging immigration. It is coaching migrants on what to say to get their foot in the door. Potentially encouraging false official statements. CBP agents have said it seems as if everyone is reading from a script.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trump didn't create this crisis Trish
    . Demo Sanctuary cities, Demos giving illegals drivers licenses, Demos giving illegals free healthcare, Demos giving illegals the Right to vote for School Boards.....did. Its called enabling them.

You know its bad for the leftness when CNN has to admit there is a crisis and Trump didn't create it.

Fareed Zakaria: "It Pains Me To Say This," But Trump Was Right About Asylum System.....

CNN's Fareed Zakaria laments that President Donald Trump was correct that there is a crisis at the U.S.-Mexico border. From his Sunday program, 'Fareed Zakaria GPS':
    FAREED ZAKARIA, CNN: Given President Trump's mean spirited and often bigoted attitudes on immigration, it pains me to say this, but he is right, that the United States faces a crisis with its asylum system. Democrats might hope that the out-of-control situation at the southern border undermines Trump's image among his base as a tough guy who can tackle immigration. But they should be careful. It could actually work to the president's advantage.

Since 2014, the flow of asylum seekers into the United States has skyrocketed. Last year, immigration courts received 162,000 asylum claims. A 240 percent increase from 2014. The result is a staggering backlog with more than 300,000 asylum cases pending and the average immigration case has been pending for more than 700 days. It's also clear that the rules surrounding asylum are vague, lax and being gamed.

Asylum is meant to be granted to a very small number of people in extreme circumstances. Not as a substitute for the process of immigration itself. Yet, the two have gotten mixed up. As the Atlantic's David Frum has pointed out, the idea of a right to asylum is a relatively recent one dating to the early years of the Cold War. Guilt ridden over the rejection of many Jewish refugees during World War II the U.N. created a right of asylum to protect those who are fleeing regimes where they would be killed our imprisoned because of their identity or beliefs. This standard has gotten broader and broader over the years.

And now includes threats of gang warfare and domestic violence. These looser criteria coupled with the reality that this is a safe way to enter the U.S. have made the asylum system easy to abuse. Applications from Hondurans, Guatemalans and Salvadorans have surged even though the murder rate in their countries has been cut in half. ….snip~

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...VUPLLXiqay-Di8

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (07-07-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post

Trump didn't create this crisis Trish
    . Demo Sanctuary cities, Demos giving illegals drivers licenses, Demos giving illegals free healthcare, Demos giving illegals the Right to vote for School Boards.....did. Its called enabling them.

You know its bad for the leftness when CNN has to admit there is a crisis and Trump didn't create it.

Fareed Zakaria: "It Pains Me To Say This," But Trump Was Right About Asylum System.....

CNN's Fareed Zakaria laments that President Donald Trump was correct that there is a crisis at the U.S.-Mexico border. From his Sunday program, 'Fareed Zakaria GPS':
    FAREED ZAKARIA, CNN: Given President Trump's mean spirited and often bigoted attitudes on immigration, it pains me to say this, but he is right, that the United States faces a crisis with its asylum system. Democrats might hope that the out-of-control situation at the southern border undermines Trump's image among his base as a tough guy who can tackle immigration. But they should be careful. It could actually work to the president's advantage.

Since 2014, the flow of asylum seekers into the United States has skyrocketed. Last year, immigration courts received 162,000 asylum claims. A 240 percent increase from 2014. The result is a staggering backlog with more than 300,000 asylum cases pending and the average immigration case has been pending for more than 700 days. It's also clear that the rules surrounding asylum are vague, lax and being gamed.

Asylum is meant to be granted to a very small number of people in extreme circumstances. Not as a substitute for the process of immigration itself. Yet, the two have gotten mixed up. As the Atlantic's David Frum has pointed out, the idea of a right to asylum is a relatively recent one dating to the early years of the Cold War. Guilt ridden over the rejection of many Jewish refugees during World War II the U.N. created a right of asylum to protect those who are fleeing regimes where they would be killed our imprisoned because of their identity or beliefs. This standard has gotten broader and broader over the years.

And now includes threats of gang warfare and domestic violence. These looser criteria coupled with the reality that this is a safe way to enter the U.S. have made the asylum system easy to abuse. Applications from Hondurans, Guatemalans and Salvadorans have surged even though the murder rate in their countries has been cut in half. ….snip~

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...VUPLLXiqay-Di8

Trump has created a crisis in how he's handled this politically. That's why these dumb-asses are going into Mexico and bringing people back with them or coaching them on how to try and game the system.

It's all political gamesmanship.

I have always felt we needed to change how the country approaches immigration.....all immigration. But it's become very clear to me that this targeted focus on the border is intentional and for underlying reasons.

+ Reply to Thread