User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: A Federal Appeals Court Appears To Be Ready To Nuke Obamacare...All of It

  1. #1
    Original Ranter
    Points: 190,917, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    44369
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Posts
    48,110
    Points
    190,917
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    17,578
    Thanked 13,363x in 10,184 Posts
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    A Federal Appeals Court Appears To Be Ready To Nuke Obamacare...All of It

    So, as the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals hears oral arguments about the constitutionality of Obamacare, there are rumblings that the law could be struck down—all of it. Oh, yes, another liberal meltdown could be on the horizon. That seems to be happening a lot lately. At the same time, the fallout from the decision could send the GOP scrambling. Mitch McConnell is already saying if the law is struck down, the Senate would restore protections for pre-existing conditions (via The Hill):


    Two Republican-appointed judges on the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals grilled attorneys representing Democratic attorneys general about whether Congress intended to invalidate the entire law when lawmakers eliminated the penalty for the individual mandate.
    The judges questioned whether ObamaCare would be able to stand on its own if the mandate were declared unconstitutional. The outcome of the lawsuit puts at risk health care for 20 million Americans who are covered by ObamaCare.
    Legal experts on both sides of the aisle said the challengers’ legal arguments are weak and the lawsuit is unlikely to ultimately succeed, but the lines of questioning from the judges puts that analysis in doubt.
    The issue is whether the mandate can be separated from the rest of the law, which extends far beyond just health insurance.


    And if this appeals court guts the law, there will certainly be a legal challenge somewhere. It will probably be brought before the Supreme Court again, where the five justices that saved it in 2011 remain on the bench. I’ll let the legal writers, lawyers, and commentators duke it out. For now, in the immediate, while symbolically this could be a win, the GOP has failed to plan for the fallout for something like this and properly execute an agenda of their own that doesn’t come off as trash with voters. In the meantime, some progressives are likening this potential decision to strike it down as “one of the greatest acts of mass killing to occur on American soil since the Civil War.” Maybe the overreaction could give us some cover, but the fact remains that a lot can go wrong and at the worst possible time when the economy is booming and Trump’s approval is starting to hit record highs in liberal polls......snip~



    https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...acare-n2549798



    This is going to be a very Yuuuuuuge win for Trump. Very very Big win. Expect the Demos to connipt and have a major $#@!fit losing their BO peep care package.
    Don't only Practice your Art, but force your way into its Secrets, For it and Knowledge can Raise men to the Divine!!!!! Ludwig Van Beethoven ~

  2. #2
    Points: 13,559, Level: 28
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 891
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points
    Sergeant Gleed's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    2041
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Right Now? The Planet Gand
    Posts
    4,872
    Points
    13,559
    Level
    28
    Thanks Given
    492
    Thanked 2,033x in 1,585 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, it would then go to the Supreme Court where the five fascists who wrongly ruled on the Constitutionality of MessiahCare are still there, waiting to rescue it again.

    Unless we get lucky and one ore (hopefully) more of the Fascist Five die and balance is finally achieved on the court, to be eventually replaced with justice when McConnell confirms Trump's next nominee.
    Freedom Requires Obstinance.

    We the People DID NOT vote in a majority Rodent Congress, they stole it via election fraud.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sergeant Gleed For This Useful Post:

    MisterVeritis (07-12-2019)

  4. #3
    Original Ranter
    Points: 190,917, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    44369
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Posts
    48,110
    Points
    190,917
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    17,578
    Thanked 13,363x in 10,184 Posts
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant Gleed View Post
    Unfortunately, it would then go to the Supreme Court where the five fascists who wrongly ruled on the Constitutionality of MessiahCare are still there, waiting to rescue it again.

    Unless we get lucky and one ore (hopefully) more of the Fascist Five die and balance is finally achieved on the court, to be eventually replaced with justice when McConnell confirms Trump's next nominee.
    To much has changed since Trumps been in Office. Roberts wont want to deal with it. Then BO's care package and legacy issue will be scraped.

    They are pushing up the numbers anyways. The left was trying to say 20 mil. More like 15. Out of 330 mil. Just not that much of an importance. Besides the millennials don't want nothing to do with it.
    Don't only Practice your Art, but force your way into its Secrets, For it and Knowledge can Raise men to the Divine!!!!! Ludwig Van Beethoven ~

  5. #4
    Points: 13,559, Level: 28
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 891
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points
    Sergeant Gleed's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    2041
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Right Now? The Planet Gand
    Posts
    4,872
    Points
    13,559
    Level
    28
    Thanks Given
    492
    Thanked 2,033x in 1,585 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What Roberts has made it clear he does not want to deal with is the Rodents releasing the information they are holding on him, be it a boyfriend or a trip to Epstien's Little Playground.

    They have something g on him and on critical issues they jerks their chain and he comes around to satisfy their desries. He rescued MessiahCare for them. He came up with uber-lameness to torpedo the Citizenship Question.

    He will vote to rescue MessiahCare again. Guaranteed.
    Freedom Requires Obstinance.

    We the People DID NOT vote in a majority Rodent Congress, they stole it via election fraud.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sergeant Gleed For This Useful Post:

    MisterVeritis (07-12-2019)

  7. #5
    Original Ranter
    Points: 190,917, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    44369
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Posts
    48,110
    Points
    190,917
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    17,578
    Thanked 13,363x in 10,184 Posts
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant Gleed View Post
    What Roberts has made it clear he does not want to deal with is the Rodents releasing the information they are holding on him, be it a boyfriend or a trip to Epstien's Little Playground.

    They have something g on him and on critical issues they jerks their chain and he comes around to satisfy their desries. He rescued MessiahCare for them. He came up with uber-lameness to torpedo the Citizenship Question.

    He will vote to rescue MessiahCare again. Guaranteed.
    I don't see how he can.....All Insurances companies have worked their way around BO's Special care package. Even Californification and their Cali care are going with Romneycare.
    Don't only Practice your Art, but force your way into its Secrets, For it and Knowledge can Raise men to the Divine!!!!! Ludwig Van Beethoven ~

  8. #6
    Points: 13,559, Level: 28
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 891
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points
    Sergeant Gleed's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    2041
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Right Now? The Planet Gand
    Posts
    4,872
    Points
    13,559
    Level
    28
    Thanks Given
    492
    Thanked 2,033x in 1,585 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    I don't see how he can.....All Insurances companies have worked their way around BO's Special care package. Even Californification and their Cali care are going with Romneycare.
    When has reality interfered with fascist judges making rulings to promote their fascusm?

    Roberts votes with the other four fascists on the bench and rejects the appropriate ruling that the lack of a severability clause in MessiahCare makes all of MessiahCare invalid since the law ended the fascist practice of the unconstitutional Mandate.
    Freedom Requires Obstinance.

    We the People DID NOT vote in a majority Rodent Congress, they stole it via election fraud.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sergeant Gleed For This Useful Post:

    MisterVeritis (07-12-2019)

  10. #7
    Original Ranter
    Points: 190,917, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    44369
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Posts
    48,110
    Points
    190,917
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    17,578
    Thanked 13,363x in 10,184 Posts
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant Gleed View Post
    When has reality interfered with fascist judges making rulings to promote their fascusm?

    Roberts votes with the other four fascists on the bench and rejects the appropriate ruling that the lack of a severability clause in MessiahCare makes all of MessiahCare invalid since the law ended the fascist practice of the unconstitutional Mandate.
    We will have to see, if they don't do something BOs Special package will implode.
    Don't only Practice your Art, but force your way into its Secrets, For it and Knowledge can Raise men to the Divine!!!!! Ludwig Van Beethoven ~

  11. #8
    Original Ranter
    Points: 519,570, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    424931
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    156,364
    Points
    519,570
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    91,538
    Thanked 75,907x in 51,362 Posts
    Mentioned
    2210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roberts put this in place by creating the fiction that the Constitution's taxing power was the basis of the law despite the fact that Congress explicitly said that it was not, but rather the Commerce Clause. Roberts got the liberal justices to agree that the Commerce Clause cannot justify O'care and that its traditional use as a boot strap for federal legislation of all types has been a Constitutional law mistake since 1936. That was a MAJOR win, so long as future Courts follow it.

    Roberts can't save O'Care after the 5th is done with it. Perhaps Roberts hoped this was going to be the result. At the time people said he was playing 3D chess while most others were playing checkers. This may prove that true.
    Molon labe
    Please visit my blog http://thepoliticalforums.com/blogs/peter/
    (If a post link does not work, see the archives- it should work there.)

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

    Collateral Damage (07-12-2019),MMC (07-12-2019)

  13. #9
    Original Ranter
    Points: 190,917, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    44369
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Posts
    48,110
    Points
    190,917
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    17,578
    Thanked 13,363x in 10,184 Posts
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Roberts put this in place by creating the fiction that the Constitution's taxing power was the basis of the law despite the fact that Congress explicitly said that it was not, but rather the Commerce Clause. Roberts got the liberal justices to agree that the Commerce Clause cannot justify O'care and that its traditional use as a boot strap for federal legislation of all types has been a Constitutional law mistake since 1936. That was a MAJOR win, so long as future Courts follow it.

    Roberts can't save O'Care after the 5th is done with it. Perhaps Roberts hoped this was going to be the result. At the time people said he was playing 3D chess while most others were playing checkers. This may prove that true.
    Once they do it.....This will stick in the lefts crawlspace. Conniption will be very high and animated.
    Don't only Practice your Art, but force your way into its Secrets, For it and Knowledge can Raise men to the Divine!!!!! Ludwig Van Beethoven ~

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

    Peter1469 (07-12-2019)

  15. #10
    Original Ranter
    Points: 519,570, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    424931
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    156,364
    Points
    519,570
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    91,538
    Thanked 75,907x in 51,362 Posts
    Mentioned
    2210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Once they do it.....This will stick in the lefts crawlspace. Conniption will be very high and animated.
    I have a hard time believing the leftists judges really understood the significance of closing the Commerce Clause as a catch all for federal authority. Either that or they have no intention of paying attention to it.
    Molon labe
    Please visit my blog http://thepoliticalforums.com/blogs/peter/
    (If a post link does not work, see the archives- it should work there.)

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

    MisterVeritis (07-12-2019),MMC (07-12-2019)

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Critical Acclaim
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO