User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trump expected to end his fight to add citizenship question to census, sources say

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 70.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,630x in 25,167 Posts
    Mentioned
    892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Trump expected to end his fight to add citizenship question to census, sources say

Trump expected to end his fight to add citizenship question to census, sources say. President Donald Trump is expected to announce later Thursday he is backing down from his effort to include a citizenship question on the 2020 census, and will instead take executive action that instructs the Commerce Department to obtain an estimate of U.S. citizenship through other means, according to multiple sources familiar with the matter.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trum...ry?id=64262805
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

Captdon (07-11-2019)

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points
    Sergeant Gleed's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,038x in 1,586 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Throw it out.
    Freedom Requires Obstinance.

We the People DID NOT vote in a majority Rodent Congress, they stole it via election fraud.

tPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant Gleed View Post
    Throw it out.
    Throw what out?
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points
    Sergeant Gleed's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,038x in 1,586 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The census form if you live in CA, NY, WA, MA, VA, OR or HI.

If we can't count the Invaders, deny the Rodents apportionment by not letting your family be counted, instead.

Civil disobedience, it's not just about having a sit-in on the House floor.

The Commerce Department can count the invaders, but it us the Census that apportions the seats.

So throw it out if you live in an Invader State.
    Freedom Requires Obstinance.

We the People DID NOT vote in a majority Rodent Congress, they stole it via election fraud.

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,167x in 27,728 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    Trump expected to end his fight to add citizenship question to census, sources say. President Donald Trump is expected to announce later Thursday he is backing down from his effort to include a citizenship question on the 2020 census, and will instead take executive action that instructs the Commerce Department to obtain an estimate of U.S. citizenship through other means, according to multiple sources familiar with the matter.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trum...ry?id=64262805
    Yeah NBC broke with this, due to some administration source.

We won’t know for sure what the course of action will be until 5 P.M. today, but President Trump appears to be backing down from his decision to add the citizenship question on the 2020 census. That doesn’t mean he’s given up on the effort entirely. He's said to be looking into other avenues to gather this information (via NBC News):

President Donald Trump is expected to announce Thursday that he is backing down from his effort to include a citizenship question in the 2020 census and will instead direct the Commerce Department to acquire the data by other means, an administration source told NBC News.
    Trump tweeted that he will hold a news conference in the afternoon to discuss his efforts related to adding the question to the census.
    Last week, Trump told reporters on the White House South Lawn when asked if he would issue an executive order to include the question on the census: "We're thinking about doing that.""It's one of the ways," he added. "We have four or five ways we can do it. It's one of the ways and we're thinking about doing it very seriously."

Trump has mulled delaying the census or issuing an executive order as well.....snip~

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...ve-wa-n2549931
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

tPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant Gleed View Post
    The census form if you live in CA, NY, WA, MA, VA, OR or HI. If we can't count the Invaders, deny the Rodents apportionment by not letting your family be counted, instead. Civil disobedience, it's not just about having a sit-in on the House floor. The Commerce Department can count the invaders, but it us the Census that apportions the seats. So throw it out if you live in an Invader State.
    Wouldn't that be against the law?
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Yeah NBC broke with this, due to some administration source. We won’t know for sure what the course of action will be until 5 P.M. today, but President Trump appears to be backing down from his decision to add the citizenship question on the 2020 census. That doesn’t mean he’s given up on the effort entirely. He's said to be looking into other avenues to gather this information (via NBC News): President Donald Trump is expected to announce Thursday that he is backing down from his effort to include a citizenship question in the 2020 census and will instead direct the Commerce Department to acquire the data by other means, an administration source told NBC News. Trump tweeted that he will hold a news conference in the afternoon to discuss his efforts related to adding the question to the census. Last week, Trump told reporters on the White House South Lawn when asked if he would issue an executive order to include the question on the census: "We're thinking about doing that.""It's one of the ways," he added. "We have four or five ways we can do it. It's one of the ways and we're thinking about doing it very seriously." Trump has mulled delaying the census or issuing an executive order as well.....snip~ https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...ve-wa-n2549931
    I really wanted to have that question on there. I don't see how he can delay the census, constitutionally - though I don't know when it has to start in this year to be honest.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

Captdon (07-11-2019)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,167x in 27,728 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    Wouldn't that be against the law?

I really wanted to have that question on there. I don't see how he can delay the census, constitutionally - though I don't know when it has to start in this year to be honest.
    Yeah a lot of us did too.

I learned he could give EO.....but I don't know how he could delay the Census.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Safety's Avatar Nationalist
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,901x in 15,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was no fight, Trump wanted to get his base riled up by him faux fighting something that will help non-Hispanic whites. Luckily there are some that talked some sense into him to prevent a constitutional crisis.
    “Conscientiously believing that the proper condition of the negro is slavery, or a complete subjection to the white man, and entertaining the belief that the day is not distant when the old Union will be restored with slavery nationally declared to be the proper condition of all of African descent, and in view of the future harmony and progress of all the States of America, I have been induced to issue this address, so that there may be no misunderstanding in the future”

- Jefferson Davis

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 409
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    BenjaminO's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,735x in 1,363 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's 5:36 and he's about to make an outdoor appearance.
    He'd better hurry up as there's a bigass thunderstorm just West in Centreville, Manassas, Virginia area heading east.
    Red Green
    The man's prayer:

I'm a man
    But I can change
    If I have to
    I guess

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 409
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    BenjaminO's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,735x in 1,363 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Don just directed the Commerce Dept to do what they themselves suggested in January 2018.
    Red Green
    The man's prayer:

I'm a man
    But I can change
    If I have to
    I guess

+ Reply to Thread