Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 15,010x in 10,722 Posts
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    Not even close. When anyone starts assuming without evidence, it's an indication of self-deception more than anything else. I get it that some folks badly want a horrible racist event to occur, so they can justify their hate of 'whitey,' but it's just not happening. Anyone with a brain can read Trump's tweet and know race wasn't involved.

I honestly believe that same self-deception is a factor in why we're seeing so many people "pull a Smollett" these days. Because they can't find a real story that makes them feel as though they have something to fight against. This whole thing is just one more big nothing burger, and it will soon be forgotten as the lemmings move on to a newer and better drama.

They are quickly becoming insignificant and they don't know how to reverse the process.
    You'll remember Safety was one of two tpf Members who sincerely believed Jussie Smollett. Actually asserted to Mister D, MisterV, T-man, St. James, and myself that had Jussie have been sporting a maga hat and look like the DC student Sandmann, we would have believed him. As if Smollett's skin color and sexual orientation were the reasons why Members mentioned didn't hook, line, and sinker swallow his far out and made up yarn...like Safety did. I mean.....to be so naïve as to believe this little Jussie version of events was bad enough.....but to attempt to use it as a tool in here...only to have Smollett's story implode and then get even more ridiculous......why. One of the most defining moments in forum history.
    Last edited by Ransom; 07-22-2019 at 06:29 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (07-26-2019),stjames1_53 (07-23-2019)

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 1,768
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ransom's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 15,010x in 10,722 Posts
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    You'll remember Safety was one of two tpf Members who sincerely believed Jussie Smollett. Actually asserted to Mister D, MisterV, T-man, St. James, and myself that had Jussie have been sporting a maga hat and look like the DC student Sandmann, we would have believed him. As if Smollett's skin color and sexual orientation were the reasons why Members mentioned didn't hook, line, and sinker swallow his far out and made up yarn...like Safety did. I mean.....to be so naïve as to believe this little Jussie version of events was bad enough.....but to attempt to use it as a tool in here...only to have Smollett's story implode and then get even more ridiculous......why. One of the most defining moments in forum history.
    Safety must have done that while I was taking a break from tpf, but that's a perfect example -- a number of people fell into the Smollett trap because it fed their self-deceptive ideas. When I first read a Smollett story, I felt aghast that anyone would treat someone else so poorly and I thought perhaps it was a factual event. By the time I finished the article, I had an inkling something was off, so I read a few more articles about the event, and then I knew in my heart it was fake.

The same thing happened with the Michael Brown story and the Trayvon story. These stories got a lot of traction in the media, so they fed the self-deception of those who have been brainwashed, and the odd thing is -- even after all the evidence was in and the courts/grand jury made their determinations, the self-deceivers still could not accept the facts. I remember it was the same week Brown was shot that a black officer shot a white unarmed suspect and the story gained no traction. Virtually the same as what happened to Brown only race-reversed, but no interest from the media. That's because the current self-deception only centers on white cops and black suspects.

I feel badly for those who are steeped in this type of deception -- they're often angry, suspicious, quick to condemn and they see racism around every corner. I'm glad I don't live like that. The liberals are ginning up racial division and it's a stupid and counterproductive thing to do.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Safety's Avatar Nationalist
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,901x in 15,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    Not even close. When anyone starts assuming without evidence, it's an indication of self-deception more than anything else. I get it that some folks badly want a horrible racist event to occur, so they can justify their hate of 'whitey,' but it's just not happening. Anyone with a brain can read Trump's tweet and know race wasn't involved.

I honestly believe that same self-deception is a factor in why we're seeing so many people "pull a Smollett" these days. Because they can't find a real story that makes them feel as though they have something to fight against. This whole thing is just one more big nothing burger, and it will soon be forgotten as the lemmings move on to a newer and better drama.

They are quickly becoming insignificant and they don't know how to reverse the process.
    There is no reason for anyone to have to assume anything regarding your messiah, he tweets his every thought. The only people that try to provide shade for him and his bigotry, are the ones that share in his affliction. Then again, it is no surprise that the very ones that say something isn't racist, are so quick to thank and defend those that are....

Funny dat.
    “Conscientiously believing that the proper condition of the negro is slavery, or a complete subjection to the white man, and entertaining the belief that the day is not distant when the old Union will be restored with slavery nationally declared to be the proper condition of all of African descent, and in view of the future harmony and progress of all the States of America, I have been induced to issue this address, so that there may be no misunderstanding in the future”

- Jefferson Davis

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 1,047
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 29,267x in 20,296 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety View Post
    There is no reason for anyone to have to assume anything regarding your messiah, he tweets his every thought. The only people that try to provide shade for him and his bigotry, are the ones that share in his affliction. Then again, it is no surprise that the very ones that say something isn't racist, are so quick to thank and defend those that are....

Funny dat.
    a postage stamp is racist.....................hahahahahahaha
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,045x in 24,876 Posts
    Mentioned
    887 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #trigger mode on standby.

#trigger mode activated
    #trigger mode maximum power.
    notice

Notice

NOTICE - @Safety TB'd for trolling.

If you have questions or concerns about this moderation action, please use the Report button to let us know.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (07-26-2019),stjames1_53 (07-23-2019)

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny dat.
    Just the fact you feel it necessary to say "your messiah," indicates that you're nowhere close to being able to accept reality. You want so very badly to be able to point out racism hiding behind every tree, but if you were honest with yourself -- and you took the time to really look into these incidences (tweets) -- rather than allow yourself to follow media-led, knee-jerk reactionism, you'd discover how wrong you are.

Do as you see fit -- it is of no consequence to me -- I'm just pointing out what's going on, and why. It's not about you, personally, although I believe you are included in the subset of leftists who wants to be able to point at molehills and scream that they're really mountains of victimization/racism/bigotry.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

Ransom (07-27-2019)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    exotix's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,534x in 7,660 Posts
    Mentioned
    951 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'How and Why ?' ~ Einstein

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 1,047
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 29,267x in 20,296 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by exotix View Post
    cool fairy tale ........... lol and Jus' dayum
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

13. The Following User Says Thank You to stjames1_53 For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (07-27-2019)

+ Reply to Thread