Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,497x in 1,841 Posts
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'How White People Got Made'

'This is no accident, no coincidence, because the making of black and white was the making of the world we know now.'

The hard question for me is how and why white people allow themselves to be so obsessed with race to the point it can be used to manipulate them, control them, keep them unaware? Full disclosure. DNA says I am east and west European, northern areas, with a bit of Scot Wales and Irish thrown in. Jeez and I thought I was American. Maybe in a thousand years we'll have American DNA. Race is a recent trait in the long history of evolution. But humans make distinctions based on anything and the anythings control them.

It turns out white people are their own worst enemy. Harsh statement, I don't think so for as they gleefully cheer Trump's often racist remarks the rich grow in power and control. You doubt? Consider his only accomplishments, more money for the wealthy, himself included, less regulation for the corporations, and judges who side with both. See any 'great' healthcare or 'cheap medicine? Meanwhile many of the working class cheer and relish a vote to put another dagger in themselves.

Trump rallies are the most interesting aspect of white self immolation, Trump lies, plays himself up, plays up the economy, lies some more, makes stuff up, promises greatness, they cheer, he name calls, they cheer, he points fingers. Do they see? Do they hear? He goes golfing. They get hats. Is this simply hero worship, their latest savior? The show is about him, he cares nada for them given his past history, but they play along, clapping, cheering, and laughing. They could be automatons. What a great release, a tribal dance, a show for a man who is hardly an exemplar of American values.

'There’s a perception that whiteness is working for white people. It’s not. Whiteness is one of the biggest and most long-running scams ever perpetrated.'

Reading assignment and quotes are from: https://medium.com/message/how-white...e-6eeb076ade42

"The great thing about the divide-and-conquer of creating white-skin privilege is that you don’t have to give people thusly bought off anything more, and American power structures didn’t. In places with black slavery, the whites suffered terribly." (See too Isenberg's history and Lopez's)

"There is not one gene, trait, or characteristic that distinguishes all members of one race from all members of another. We can map any number of traits and none would match our idea of race. This is because modern humans haven't been around long enough to evolve into different subspecies and we've always moved, mated, and mixed our genes. Beneath the skin, we are one of the most genetically similar of all species." https://www.pbs.org/race/000_About/0...ound-01-11.htm

"In the era of Donald Trump, many lower- and middle-class white Americans are drawn to politicians who pledge to make their lives great again. But as Dying of Whiteness shows, the policies that result actually place white Americans at ever-greater risk of sickness and death.'https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/40697553-dying-of-whiteness

"I imagine one of the reasons people cling to their hates so stubbornly is because they sense, once hate is gone, they will be forced to deal with pain." James A. Baldwin

Further study:

'White Trash: The 400-Year Untold History of Class in America' by Nancy Isenberg
    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...33-white-trash

'Dog Whistle Politics: How Coded Racial Appeals Have Reinvented Racism and Wrecked the Middle Class' by Ian Haney López
    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...istle-politics

"White children, in the main, and whether they are rich or poor, grow up with a grasp of reality so feeble that they can very accurately be described as deluded--about themselves and the world they live in. White people have managed to get through their entire lifetimes in this euphoric state, but black people have not been so lucky: a black man who sees the world the way John Wayne, for example, sees it would not be an eccentric patriot, but a raving maniac." James Baldwin

"And then we got down one day to the point- that was the second or third day - to talk about where they lived, and how much they were earning. And when those brothers told me what they were earning, I said, “Now, you know what? You ought to be marching with us. You’re just as poor as $#@!es.” And I said, “You are put in the position of supporting your oppressor, because, through prejudice and blindness, you fail to see that the same forces that oppress $#@!es in American society oppress poor white people. And all you are living on is the satisfaction of your skin being white, and the drum major instinct of thinking that you are somebody big because you are white. And you’re so poor you can’t send your children to school. You ought to be out here marching with every one of us every time we have a march....Now that’s a fact. That the poor white has been put into this position, where through blindness and prejudice, he is forced to support his oppressors. And the only thing he has going for him is the false feeling that he’s superior because his skin is white—and can’t hardly eat and make his ends meet week in and week out.” Martin Luther King

http://www.stirjournal.com/2016/04/0...p-trump-trump/

"Historian Phillips-Fein traces the hidden history of the Reagan revolution to a coterie of business executives, including General Electric official and Reagan mentor Lemuel Boulware, who saw labor unions, government regulation, high taxes and welfare spending as dire threats to their profits and power. From the 1930s onward, the author argues, they provided the money, organization and fervor for a decades-long war against New Deal liberalism—funding campaigns, think tanks, magazines and lobbying groups, and indoctrinating employees in the virtues of unfettered capitalism." https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...nvisible-hands
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to midcan5 For This Useful Post:

AZ Jim (07-27-2019),Common Sense (07-26-2019),Safety (07-25-2019)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,576x in 94,412 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is utter insanity.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Admiral Ackbar (07-25-2019),Captdon (07-25-2019),NapRover (07-25-2019),Retirednsmilin308 (07-25-2019),stjames1_53 (07-25-2019)

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 1,050
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 29,264x in 20,295 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    This is utter insanity.
    He never comes up with his own words or ideas, but prefers to steal them from someone else.
    He's calling all whites racists, just because they are white.
    God made Man, not some off the shelf book. They also told him that Hillary would win.
    He should look elsewhere for his information, or just maybe, he's satisfied with the one that denigrates intelligence.
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to stjames1_53 For This Useful Post:

Admiral Ackbar (07-25-2019),Captdon (07-25-2019),NapRover (07-25-2019),Peter1469 (07-25-2019),Retirednsmilin308 (07-25-2019)

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Safety's Avatar Nationalist
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,901x in 15,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    'This is no accident, no coincidence, because the making of black and white was the making of the world we know now.'

The hard question for me is how and why white people allow themselves to be so obsessed with race to the point it can be used to manipulate them, control them, keep them unaware? Full disclosure. DNA says I am east and west European, northern areas, with a bit of Scot Wales and Irish thrown in. Jeez and I thought I was American. Maybe in a thousand years we'll have American DNA. Race is a recent trait in the long history of evolution. But humans make distinctions based on anything and the anythings control them.

It turns out white people are their own worst enemy. Harsh statement, I don't think so for as they gleefully cheer Trump's often racist remarks the rich grow in power and control. You doubt? Consider his only accomplishments, more money for the wealthy, himself included, less regulation for the corporations, and judges who side with both. See any 'great' healthcare or 'cheap medicine? Meanwhile many of the working class cheer and relish a vote to put another dagger in themselves.

Trump rallies are the most interesting aspect of white self immolation, Trump lies, plays himself up, plays up the economy, lies some more, makes stuff up, promises greatness, they cheer, he name calls, they cheer, he points fingers. Do they see? Do they hear? He goes golfing. They get hats. Is this simply hero worship, their latest savior? The show is about him, he cares nada for them given his past history, but they play along, clapping, cheering, and laughing. They could be automatons. What a great release, a tribal dance, a show for a man who is hardly an exemplar of American values.

'There’s a perception that whiteness is working for white people. It’s not. Whiteness is one of the biggest and most long-running scams ever perpetrated.'

Reading assignment and quotes are from: https://medium.com/message/how-white...e-6eeb076ade42

"The great thing about the divide-and-conquer of creating white-skin privilege is that you don’t have to give people thusly bought off anything more, and American power structures didn’t. In places with black slavery, the whites suffered terribly." (See too Isenberg's history and Lopez's)

"There is not one gene, trait, or characteristic that distinguishes all members of one race from all members of another. We can map any number of traits and none would match our idea of race. This is because modern humans haven't been around long enough to evolve into different subspecies and we've always moved, mated, and mixed our genes. Beneath the skin, we are one of the most genetically similar of all species." https://www.pbs.org/race/000_About/0...ound-01-11.htm

"In the era of Donald Trump, many lower- and middle-class white Americans are drawn to politicians who pledge to make their lives great again. But as Dying of Whiteness shows, the policies that result actually place white Americans at ever-greater risk of sickness and death.'https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/40697553-dying-of-whiteness

"I imagine one of the reasons people cling to their hates so stubbornly is because they sense, once hate is gone, they will be forced to deal with pain." James A. Baldwin

Further study:

'White Trash: The 400-Year Untold History of Class in America' by Nancy Isenberg

'Dog Whistle Politics: How Coded Racial Appeals Have Reinvented Racism and Wrecked the Middle Class' by Ian Haney López

"White children, in the main, and whether they are rich or poor, grow up with a grasp of reality so feeble that they can very accurately be described as deluded--about themselves and the world they live in. White people have managed to get through their entire lifetimes in this euphoric state, but black people have not been so lucky: a black man who sees the world the way John Wayne, for example, sees it would not be an eccentric patriot, but a raving maniac." James Baldwin

"And then we got down one day to the point- that was the second or third day - to talk about where they lived, and how much they were earning. And when those brothers told me what they were earning, I said, “Now, you know what? You ought to be marching with us. You’re just as poor as $#@!es.” And I said, “You are put in the position of supporting your oppressor, because, through prejudice and blindness, you fail to see that the same forces that oppress $#@!es in American society oppress poor white people. And all you are living on is the satisfaction of your skin being white, and the drum major instinct of thinking that you are somebody big because you are white. And you’re so poor you can’t send your children to school. You ought to be out here marching with every one of us every time we have a march....Now that’s a fact. That the poor white has been put into this position, where through blindness and prejudice, he is forced to support his oppressors. And the only thing he has going for him is the false feeling that he’s superior because his skin is white—and can’t hardly eat and make his ends meet week in and week out.” Martin Luther King

"Historian Phillips-Fein traces the hidden history of the Reagan revolution to a coterie of business executives, including General Electric official and Reagan mentor Lemuel Boulware, who saw labor unions, government regulation, high taxes and welfare spending as dire threats to their profits and power. From the 1930s onward, the author argues, they provided the money, organization and fervor for a decades-long war against New Deal liberalism—funding campaigns, think tanks, magazines and lobbying groups, and indoctrinating employees in the virtues of unfettered capitalism." https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...nvisible-hands
    LoL, I hope you’re prepared for the onslaught of attacks to you personally and nothing on your topic. Now, if you had chosen any other race, there would not be any attacks, and suddenly all the bed $#@!ting you experience from this topic, would be replaced with “wait, why can’t we discuss this without attacking the messenger” or “this is an interesting topic why are you trying to derail it”

#privilege
    “Conscientiously believing that the proper condition of the negro is slavery, or a complete subjection to the white man, and entertaining the belief that the day is not distant when the old Union will be restored with slavery nationally declared to be the proper condition of all of African descent, and in view of the future harmony and progress of all the States of America, I have been induced to issue this address, so that there may be no misunderstanding in the future”

- Jefferson Davis

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Safety For This Useful Post:

AZ Jim (07-27-2019),midcan5 (07-27-2019)

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 530
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,505x in 16,031 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    #privilage..

Ok ..why shouldnt we be? Any "privilage" that has been given us has apparently been used well.
    Housing "? Has been well utilized. ? Not if it hasnt been bulldozed.
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,619
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bulletbob's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,639x in 3,469 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Further study:

You really need informed as yoir working on becoming like tge guy from Australia

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 892
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassYour first Group25000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Admiral Ackbar's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,992x in 3,109 Posts
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Further study:

Such garbage. LOL
    "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining"----Fletcher in The Outlaw Josey Wales

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Admiral Ackbar For This Useful Post:

stjames1_53 (07-25-2019)

Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,903x in 54,720 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    "The hard question for me is how and why white people allow themselves to be so obsessed with race to the point it can be used to manipulate them, control them, keep them unaware?"

Democrats and their focus on race is appalling. Not just white Democrats like your author but Dems of all colors.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Captdon (07-25-2019),MMC (07-29-2019),stjames1_53 (07-25-2019)

tPF Moderator
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,039x in 24,874 Posts
    Mentioned
    886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think in terms of race. I can't make heads or tails out of this post.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

Captdon (07-25-2019),Chris (07-25-2019),Peter1469 (07-25-2019),Retirednsmilin308 (07-25-2019),stjames1_53 (07-25-2019)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,576x in 94,412 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    I don't think in terms of race. I can't make heads or tails out of this post.
    That is because it is nonsense.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Captdon (07-25-2019),MMC (07-29-2019),Retirednsmilin308 (07-25-2019)

+ Reply to Thread