Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,716x in 16,156 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Commuted ..!

An acquaintance of mine recieved a
    Commutation yesterday. Without bias I say he deserved it. He should have never been sentenced. Justice was first perverted then just. Needless to say he is ecstatic. I just got off the phone with a family member. He is home and they are #1. Ecstatic #2. In disbelief ..
    https://arktimes.com/arkansas-blog/2...suhls-sentence
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 2,069
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    AZ Jim's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,319x in 2,953 Posts
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    White collar criminal pardons white collar criminal.
    Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I digress....

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 2,596
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Happy in his abode tonight. He isn't the type that had to lose his freedom to appreciate it. Bottom line. #1. He made some wrong enemies and it burned him
    #2. 100% guarentee last night was very likely the happiest night of his life. God is good. Ironically , I recently told my pastor that it's been a fairly recent revelation of mine thru not only obsercation but life experience that it seems quite apparent to me that Satan doesn't use his people to recruit members create dissention etc..he uses Gods people. Gods people are concealed by association, not disguise. That makes them very difficult to detect for most. If it looks like a..walks like a...talks like a...its either an "a" or has a need/agenda to appear as an "a". One learns much more by what others do not say in an interaction as opposed to what they do say. What one exhibits is contrived or a window with a curtain to raise and lower . What one sees when observing the presence of a minimized display or zero display of " talks like a" ...is by process of elimination is what they " don't say:" ..a clear view into the unobstructed or non manipulable observed is a pure unadultered look into the only thing left..the soul..
    Again. First night of freedom = best night of his life. 2nd night of freedom he should charter a plane and fly free as far into the sky as he can..just because he can

Last edited by Cotton1; 07-30-2019 at 07:11 PM.
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Jim View Post
    White collar criminal pardons white collar criminal.
    Not so. To be a criminal one has to commit a crime. "Intent" is not something that can be seen. Much like pain is not something one sees. His intent wasnt nefarious and there is nothing that could see it was. Saying it and seeing it are huge when ones freedom is at stake. The cost to Teds personal life, finances and psyche are tremendous. He may be freed but from this point on he will never truly be free.
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 2,182
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,264x in 12,387 Posts
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotton1 View Post
    Not so. To be a criminal one has to commit a crime. "Intent" is not something that can be seen. Much like pain is not something one sees. His intent wasnt nefarious and there is nothing that could see it was. Saying it and seeing it are huge when ones freedom is at stake. The cost to Teds personal life, finances and psyche are tremendous. He may be freed but from this point on he will never truly be free.
    How anyone could read the article to which you, yourself, posted a link and come away believing that Suhl is anything but a greedy scumbag hiding his crimes behind a mask of being a "good Christian" is a puzzler. Intent? Well, when you look at what he did, the laws he broke, and what he gained from it financially, I'd say that the intent is fairly transparent.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The husband of a colleague of mine is in prison for Murder 2. His real crime was not telling on the people who actually committed the crime. I guess that's a crime, too, though. It was like two decades ago and he and two other guys were talking about stealing stuff from Home Depot. He chickened out and made an excuse not to go -- said he'd meet them later. He did, the next day, and then he found out that the other two had been stopped by an officer and one of them shot and killed the officer. My colleague's husband was not married yet, but he moved away. Years later he gets married and then one morning, my colleague and her husband are awakened by police in their yard. They took him away and charged him with Murder 2. They knew he wasn't anywhere near the killing but some law allowed them to charge him with that. He even gave them recordings of messages left on his phone from the actual shooting saying he'd "take care" of his family if it ever got out. Anyway, I think he's been in prison now for 4 or 5 years of a 10 year sentence.

He probably should have told the authorities right away. Hindsight is always 20-20.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    The husband of a colleague of mine is in prison for Murder 2. His real crime was not telling on the people who actually committed the crime. I guess that's a crime, too, though. It was like two decades ago and he and two other guys were talking about stealing stuff from Home Depot. He chickened out and made an excuse not to go -- said he'd meet them later. He did, the next day, and then he found out that the other two had been stopped by an officer and one of them shot and killed the officer. My colleague's husband was not married yet, but he moved away. Years later he gets married and then one morning, my colleague and her husband are awakened by police in their yard. They took him away and charged him with Murder 2. They knew he wasn't anywhere near the killing but some law allowed them to charge him with that. He even gave them recordings of messages left on his phone from the actual shooting saying he'd "take care" of his family if it ever got out. Anyway, I think he's been in prison now for 4 or 5 years of a 10 year sentence.

He probably should have told the authorities right away. Hindsight is always 20-20.
    I have to wonder whether the fact that a police officer was the murder victim added a degree of, shall we say, prosecutorial zeal to the scenario.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    How anyone could read the article to which you, yourself, posted a link and come away believing that Suhl is anything but a greedy scumbag hiding his crimes behind a mask of being a "good Christian" is a puzzler. Intent? Well, when you look at what he did, the laws he broke, and what he gained from it financially, I'd say that the intent is fairly transparent.
    My younger sister in the ministry in Louisiana. In the " Bayou State " they take religion very serious. So serious at one time Jimmy Swaggart and I were seeing the same shrink in Memphis ( swear to God) no pun intended. The difference between Swaggart and myself is I was bound heavily in the chains of a very traumatic event trying to understand finality of life with the distorted lens off trauma and trying to understand the living of life via the same distorted lens simultaneously whereas in Swaggert.. case he is the trauma ..lmao at Swaggert (boom +1 cotton) jn those extreme tests of our will, wits and all we have ( I call them "threshold moments") we learn a lot about ourselves. If you stay aware of not only the peripheral but the moment within those moments when the wounds are
    Open is when you learn a lot about yourself and quite a bit about others...to quite a song lyric.." Blind man running through the streets of the night with an answer in his hand. Come on down to the river of sight and you Will understand". .
    I think in Teds case the fact that money was involved demonizes everyone from the gatekeepers to the sweepers in the minds eye of others. I told him once the same thing I tell anyone else regarding money and religion or anything and religion " when you try to humanize spiritual matters its not only a complex challenge but a challenge that has a limit.
    I think it's Joan Osborne who sang " what if God was one of us"? #1. If he was one of us we would know where God himself came from #2 see #1.
    As per ones interpretion of Teds actions and transparency as seen thru a window?
    Where some see a window others see a Door..john-densmore-396754__480.jpg
    Last edited by Cotton1; 07-30-2019 at 06:54 PM.
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post

" Hindsight " for sure ..When I was a kid i stole a Hot Wheels car ( the Silhouette) from the drug store. To this day I simply do not understand why .
    Why i would steal the " Silhouette" when there was a very awesome Red Line series Camaro right beside it. My dad always said " life is about choices , make them count "

Last edited by Cotton1; 07-30-2019 at 07:34 PM.
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cotton1 For This Useful Post:

FindersKeepers (07-31-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My younger sister in the ministry in Louisiana. In the " Bayou State " they take religion very serious. So serious at one time Jimmy Swaggart and I were seeing the same shrink in Memphis ( swear to God) no pun intended. The difference between Swaggart and myself is I was bound heavily in the chains of a very traumatic event trying to understand finality of life with the distorted lens off trauma and trying to understand the living of life via the same distorted lens simultaneously whereas in Swaggert.. case he is the trauma ..lmao at Swaggert (boom +1 cotton) jn those extreme tests of our will, wits and all we have ( I call them "threshold moments") we learn a lot about ourselves. If you stay aware of not only the peripheral but the moment within those moments when the wounds are
    Open is when you learn a lot about yourself and quite a bit about others...to quite a song lyric.." Blind man running through the streets of the night with an answer in his hand. Come on down to the river of sight and you Will understand". .
    I think in Teds case the fact that money was involved demonizes everyone from the gatekeepers to the sweepers in the minds eye of others. I told him once the same thing I tell anyone else regarding money and religion or anything and religion " when you try to humanize spiritual matters its not only a complex challenge but a challenge that has a limit.
    I think it's Joan Osborne who sang " what if God was one of us"? #1. If he was one of us we would know where God himself came from #2 see #1.
    As per ones interpretion of Teds actions and transparency as seen thru a window?
    Where some see a window others see a Door..
    What does any of that have to do with the OP? The man had his sentence commuted because he knows the right people - possibly even goes to church and/or plays golf with them, and certainly has financial dealings with them. End of story. Do you disagree?

+ Reply to Thread