User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lindsay Shepherd's Twitter Reinstatement: Significant?

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 824
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesSocial10000 Experience Points
    Rationalist's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,992x in 1,378 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ultimately, this whole trans thing is coming apart rather dramatically. There are thankfully many people in society that refuse to go along with this elaborate game of make-believe.

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 824
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesSocial10000 Experience Points
    Rationalist's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,992x in 1,378 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
    Transgender children?

That is just beyond wrong. It is one thing for society to appease a bunch of mentally ill adults, but to to do so with children is just savage.
    Indeed it is. And sadly, the majority of the West's governments seem to be falling for it. It's going to take a vigilant public to return governance back to sanity. It won't be easy given the media's progressive propaganda.

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,118
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Retirednsmilin308's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,826x in 3,490 Posts
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am hated by all because i believe there are only two genders
    ... and a wig, makeup, and a dress DO NOT make a woman.

...but to your point, Polly, it is a complicated and confusing road you travel if you look for fairness in dealing with social media companies.

My FACEBOOK account was suspended by those in San Fransisco because i used the naval term in helping a woman write a magazine article and told her..." this will help you put lead on target", meaning to be more accurate in what she was talking about.

My account got suspended because they think I am now a serial killer. Poor snowflakes. Of course, she was writing a damning article about a pharmaceutical company. They are the real power in this country and control everything.

Their site, their completely arbitrary rules. Don't expect fairness or logic from them. There is the right way, the wrong way, and the Twitter way.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Retirednsmilin308 For This Useful Post:

Rationalist (08-06-2019)

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,618x in 14,840 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPress Polly View Post
    Overall, that perception appears to still be accurate. The most recent statistic on that I saw came out of the UK and is now a year old (which is an eternity in the life of transgender politics, considering that the number of trans-identified people is multiplying annually), but that survey data indicated that 73% of people who identified as trans were biologically male. However, there are a rapidly growing number of girls and young women identifying as transgender today as well. Some new data out of the UK I saw recently indicated that the number of children admitted for a gender reassignment transition in that country had doubled in the last year alone and that all of the growth was attributable to girls wanting to transition.

I've also observed an interesting contrast between the males and the females (defined biologically here): the males are mostly heterosexual while, by contrast, almost none of the females are heterosexual.

Follow the suicide attempt rates, if they do not decrease after reassignment ( and they really haven't been) then something else is at play here and being ignored for the sake of PC , meanwhile people die.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

Rationalist (08-06-2019)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 98.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 81,391x in 54,973 Posts
    Mentioned
    2013 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    History:

The previous feminst wave claimed gender was a social construct without meaning.
    Transgenders claimed the same as justification.
    The last feminst wave declared that was not fair!!
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Rationalist (08-06-2019)

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,618x in 14,840 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPress Polly View Post
    Those who have followed my posts for some time know that Meghan Murphy, who runs the Feminist Current web site that I frequent and has become perhaps Canada's best-known feminist, was permanently banned from Twitter last year for so rudely "misgendering" a male pedophile named Jonathan Yaniv by using male pronouns to describe him. The Vancouver Public Library has been banned from participating in today's Pride events in Canada because they (barely) allowed her, along with Lee Lakeman (who works for Vancouver Rape Relief and Women's Shelter, which has now been de-funded for their longstanding policy of only hiring women and only admitting women and children) and other radical feminists to subsequently host a talk about gender identity this last January. (Every ticket sold.)

Recently, this same individual, Mr. Yaniv -- who has also filed 16 human rights lawsuits against various (mostly immigrant and religious minority) female beauticians who predominantly work out of their own homes where small children are present, for refusing to wax his genitals because he is male -- initiated a Twitter fight with free speech activist and winner of the 2018 Harry Weldon Canadian Values Award Lindsay Shepherd by attacking her reproductive capacity as an actual, biological female. This conflict resulted in her, Lindsay Shepherd, and only her, being permanently banned from Twitter because Shepherd described Yaniv as male in the course of the consequent dispute. Here is Shepherd's account of the details:

However, barely a week later, despite the officially permanent nature of her suspension, Shepherd's Twitter access was restored, with an apology from the company, following a large public backlash in a development that, as described in her follow-up video below, highlighted the arbitrary and subjective nature of the Twitter's content rules and their application. She also called the objectivity of much of the media coverage that she had initially received following her Twitter ban into question, highlighting double-standards in terms of who's contributions to the exchange in question were quoted and whose couldn't be repeated and so forth.

If there's an assertion I don't agree with in either of these descriptive videos, it's one from the first video above wherein Shepherd contends that, as far as official society is concerned, "trans people are above criticism". I believe that is a factually incorrect assessment of the situation. Had Yaniv been a trans-identified person who was biologically female and who complained about being "misgendered" by one or more men instead, it's unlikely that Twitter would have acted on those complaints. It is specifically the sex dynamics of this situation -- the fact that Yaniv is male and Shepherd is not -- that results in Yaniv receiving favorable treatment. Transgender politics simply serve to mask that reality, which is one I like to describe as male privilege.

ANYWAY, both Shepherd herself and the Post Millennial, which is a publication that Shepherd writes for from time to time, have argued that since Meghan Murphy's permanent ban from Twitter was on the same basic grounds, concerning the same person, her account should be reinstated as well (example 1, example 2). What do you think? Does Twitter apply their own rules fairly and equitably are arbitrarily? Should Meghan Murphy be un-banned, as Lindsay Shepherd was?
    What publication ban ending in mid July. i don't understand.

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 1,373
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first Group50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    IMPress Polly's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,719x in 4,391 Posts
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    I could be way off-base with this thought, but I would respect your opinion on it. While I understand and fully accept the fact that some individuals are, in effect, born with a brain that doesn't match the rest of them, do you think it's possible that many who identify as transsexuals are, in fact, simply bisexual, and are perhaps pressured to radical action by the "you have to be one or the other, you can't be both" idea that our society has been advancing for so long?
    There's a saying that goes "Unless you were on the football team or a cheerleader, you hated high school". I think there's a lot of truth to that saying. High school was the worst part of my life in many ways. It's part of why I decided to go into teaching; I can't help sympathizing with what it's like to be that age.

High school itself hasn't changed that much since I was a student. What has changed mainly are external factors that make the experience all the more miserable for today's teens. One of these factors is the way people parent. At this point, it's Generation X that is parenting today's teens. That was a generation of latch key kids who grew up in what was literally one of the most dangerous periods in American history. They know good and well what the consequences of absentee parenting can be and are resultantly determined to be hands-on parents who make sure that their kids are safe, successful, and occupied at all times. The result is a phenomenon known as "helicopter parenting" wherein today's parents over-schedule their kids to the point that they have no legitimate leisure time; no time to do many things you and I would consider normal for teens like dating or getting a driver's license.

Another thing that's changed is the factor of social media. All students have mobile phones with cameras now and they're all connected to social media on those devices. This has ensured that any bullying one may experience at school no longer ends when the bullied student goes home, but persists with them all the day long. It also introduces them to perceived ways out, like the possibility of essentially starting life over with a whole new identity that's nothing like their current one.

What it all means is that today's high school students often experience qualitatively more stress and anxiety and less fun writ large than was common when I was a high school student back at the turn of the century. So when a convenient way out appears on offer, often the most distressed students will be inclined to give it a try. It doesn't work. Managing their new identity absorbs all their time and energy quite often and thereby creates a whole new set of stresses to deal with. But anyway, that's what I see happening here. And I think that the most distressed people tend to belong to certain demographic groups, such as girls who have experienced physical abuse at home and are navigating the discovery that they're not heterosexual. And maybe older, heterosexual men who haven't had much success with women and may also have been physically abused in the past.

In other words, transgenderism is a masochist social contagion, in my opinion.
    Last edited by IMPress Polly; 08-06-2019 at 07:35 AM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IMPress Polly For This Useful Post:

Rationalist (08-06-2019),Retirednsmilin308 (08-07-2019)

+ Reply to Thread