User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ALONE...Season 2 Episode 11...busted!

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,118
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Retirednsmilin308's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,826x in 3,490 Posts
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ALONE...Season 2 Episode 11...busted!

I am hoping i have posted this in the right place.

After recently installing HULU I discovered a show called ALONE that seemed rather nice.
    I enjoy man vs. the elements type shows and YT videos anyway.
    I also spend a lot of time wilderness camping but need to remember my pain meds and kratom.
    This is why i thought the show might be kinda cool.

I was enjoying it until season 2 episode 11 when David from Michigan is supposed to be all ALONE and is fishing up on a distant rock.

...now get this....

He then calls to someone and says, " Hey, there is a rainbow. Get a shot of that ".
    The camera them moves away from distant David on the rock and pans up to a really beautiful rainbow.

ALONE?

Nope....busted!

Yet I was not able to find one mention of this anywhere on the internet except what I posted on a YT video talking about how they may not be real.
    Nowhere else does it mention this blatant screw up they did.

PS...I also found out they are allowed to bring lighters, yet all the video shows them using those stupid ferro rods.
    I never bring ferro rods with me. I tape one miniature BIC lighter each in the hollow of each ankle as an emergency firemaking device, but have several wind-proof butane lighters on-hand.
    You don't even notice they are there.

I thought it rather naive of me to think a reality show might actually be legit. They sure forgot to edit that part out.
    Last edited by Retirednsmilin308; 08-05-2019 at 10:52 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Retirednsmilin308 For This Useful Post:

stjames1_53 (08-06-2019)

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 432
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 29,458x in 20,418 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Life Below Zero and Alaskan Bush People are two more. Most of them never spend the night in the places they claim to live.
    Bush People went to a hotel every night after shooting.
    Life Below Zero had actors. there is no way Sue Aikens could have survived on her own for months on end without help.
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

4. The Following User Says Thank You to stjames1_53 For This Useful Post:

Retirednsmilin308 (08-07-2019)

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,679
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,715x in 16,155 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Camping and roughing it are concepts I simply do not grasp. It amazes me some people enjoy crapping in the woods so much they even drive great distances and go to great expense to participate in it. Smokey the Bear and his finger wagging " only you can prevent forest fires ". Im like wrong cave Mr Bear.
    Last edited by Cotton1; 08-06-2019 at 08:06 AM.
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 2,237
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,261x in 12,384 Posts
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retirednsmilin308 View Post
    I am hoping i have posted this in the right place.

After recently installing HULU I discovered a show called ALONE that seemed rather nice.
    I enjoy man vs. the elements type shows and YT videos anyway.
    I also spend a lot of time wilderness camping but need to remember my pain meds and kratom.
    This is why i thought the show might be kinda cool.

I was enjoying it until season 2 episode 11 when David from Michigan is supposed to be all ALONE and is fishing up on a distant rock.

...now get this....

He then calls to someone and says, " Hey, there is a rainbow. Get a shot of that ".
    The camera them moves away from distant David on the rock and pans up to a really beautiful rainbow.

ALONE?

Nope....busted!

Yet I was not able to find one mention of this anywhere on the internet except what I posted on a YT video talking about how they may not be real.
    Nowhere else does it mention this blatant screw up they did.

PS...I also found out they are allowed to bring lighters, yet all the video shows them using those stupid ferro rods.
    I never bring ferro rods with me. I tape one miniature BIC lighter each in the hollow of each ankle as an emergency firemaking device, but have several wind-proof butane lighters on-hand.
    You don't even notice they are there.

I thought it rather naive of me to think a reality show might actually be legit. They sure forgot to edit that part out.
    Before you saw that episode, who did you think was filming the show?
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    The only one that I know of that is not scripted is The Last Alaskans. oh, and Mountain Men
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stjames1_53 View Post
    The only one that I know of that is not scripted is The Last Alaskans. oh, and Mountain Men
    I watched a few episodes of 'Mountain Men', and I enjoyed seeing those folks coming up with ingenious ways to live off the land, find uses for things most people would overlook or toss out, and all that. The constant posturing and bragging of some of the guys sort of put me off, though; they seemed to be playing to the camera to too great a degree, and it was a little embarrassing, which is why I stopped watching it. Better and more real than most "survival" shows though.

When I heard about a show called 'Zombie House Flipping', I didn't understand the premise and expected something stupid. It turns out that it's really a pretty good show. The "zombies" referred to are houses that have been sitting vacant for so long, or have been so abused and neglected, that they are truly nightmares in terms of renovating and reselling them. Houses that have had homeless people camping in them, extensive water and weather damage, etc. Houses that make you think the best thing to do would just be to knock them down. This team of four or five people come in and try to make a few bucks by turning these horrific messes into livable homes. The transformations are amazing, and the show pretty entertaining.

I used to be a fan of 'Storage Wars' and would watch the thing for hours, but between the fact that absolutely all of the "competitors" on the show are idiots and/or jerks - well, actually, Barry, the older guy with the GAF attitude who looks sort of like Stan Lee is okay - and the fact that the producers, it's been revealed, will actually rig the show so that a particular bidder will end up with the big-money locker, I've gotten burnt out on it.

On the other hand, 'Salvage Dawgs', where this crew goes out and salvages building materials, architectural structures etc. from old buildings that are being torn down or renovated, is endlessly fascinating.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

stjames1_53 (08-06-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched a few episodes of 'Mountain Men', and I enjoyed seeing those folks coming up with ingenious ways to live off the land, find uses for things most people would overlook or toss out, and all that. The constant posturing and bragging of some of the guys sort of put me off, though; they seemed to be playing to the camera to too great a degree, and it was a little embarrassing, which is why I stopped watching it. Better and more real than most "survival" shows though.

When I heard about a show called 'Zombie House Flipping', I didn't understand the premise and expected something stupid. It turns out that it's really a pretty good show. The "zombies" referred to are houses that have been sitting vacant for so long, or have been so abused and neglected, that they are truly nightmares in terms of renovating and reselling them. Houses that have had homeless people camping in them, extensive water and weather damage, etc. Houses that make you think the best thing to do would just be to knock them down. This team of four or five people come in and try to make a few bucks by turning these horrific messes into livable homes. The transformations are amazing, and the show pretty entertaining.

I used to be a fan of 'Storage Wars' and would watch the thing for hours, but between the fact that absolutely all of the "competitors" on the show are idiots and/or jerks - well, actually, Barry, the older guy with the GAF attitude who looks sort of like Stan Lee is okay - and the fact that the producers, it's been revealed, will actually rig the show so that a particular bidder will end up with the big-money locker, I've gotten burnt out on it.

On the other hand, 'Salvage Dawgs', where this crew goes out and salvages building materials, architectural structures etc. from old buildings that are being torn down or renovated, is endlessly fascinating.
    Yeah, I get the scripted thing. But ya have to remember, sometimes the show owners have to make money and encourage hamming to the cameras a little bit.
    I was a Storage Wars watcher until Dave Hester hit that woman and didn't get arrested.
    - Thucydides

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stjames1_53 For This Useful Post:

Retirednsmilin308 (08-07-2019),Standing Wolf (08-06-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stjames1_53 View Post
    Yeah, I get the scripted thing. But ya have to remember, sometimes the show owners have to make money and encourage hamming to the cameras a little bit.
    I was a Storage Wars watcher until Dave Hester hit that woman and didn't get arrested.
    Oh, yeah, I remember seeing that. Wasn't it the hot female auctioneer that he hit? I remember once Hester was taking a box of delicate little porcelain items to someone for appraisal and he dropped the box and broke most of them and, while I felt a little guilty for it, I was actually glad to see him do that. That's how big a jerk he is.

That moron Darrell Sheets used to really get on my nerves. I don't know whether it was pre-arranged or not, but he has on at least a couple of occasions lucked into some really huge scores. Once he bought a locker that turned out to contain a literal wall of boxes filled with highly collectible mint-in-box action figures and other toys, worth easily six figures. Another time he won the bidding on a locker containing hundreds of valuable paintings and prints of a popular Hispanic artist, also worth well into six figures. Barry should have such luck.

I can't think of her name, and I don't think she's even on the show any more, but there was this ditzy little dark-haired woman who always seemed really excited and more than a little out of focus all the time. I saw her on another show, something similar to 'Storage Wars' but set in Texas, and she was completely different; apparently her 'Storage Wars' persona was pretty much just an act.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

Retirednsmilin308 (08-07-2019),stjames1_53 (08-06-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, yeah, I remember seeing that. Wasn't it the hot female auctioneer that he hit? I remember once Hester was taking a box of delicate little porcelain items to someone for appraisal and he dropped the box and broke most of them and, while I felt a little guilty for it, I was actually glad to see him do that. That's how big a jerk he is.

That moron Darrell Sheets used to really get on my nerves. I don't know whether it was pre-arranged or not, but he has on at least a couple of occasions lucked into some really huge scores. Once he bought a locker that turned out to contain a literal wall of boxes filled with highly collectible mint-in-box action figures and other toys, worth easily six figures. Another time he won the bidding on a locker containing hundreds of valuable paintings and prints of a popular Hispanic artist, also worth well into six figures. Barry should have such luck.

I can't think of her name, and I don't think she's even on the show any more, but there was this ditzy little dark-haired woman who always seemed really excited and more than a little out of focus all the time. I saw her on another show, something similar to 'Storage Wars' but set in Texas, and she was completely different; apparently her 'Storage Wars' persona was pretty much just an act.
    Mary Padian.............she's still around. She is ditzy, no argument there.
    They never aired the one show where one of the participants found millions in his locker. News had it that he returned it to the family.
    - Thucydides

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,118
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Retirednsmilin308's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,826x in 3,490 Posts
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey say each individual has to self-film their actions.
    T

+ Reply to Thread