Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,114x in 9,773 Posts
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    I must confess to being unawares. I know of drones. I know of drone strikes, but the Houthi Rebels were in possession of and were striking deep in Saudi Arabia at known civilian targets? You knew that Pickle?
    War is hell.
    I find your lack of faith...disturbing...

-Darth Vader

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 3,963
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,646x in 14,858 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Part II Houthi drone strikes, part III Houthi attacks in the critical waterway, the Red Sea. Thank God for the Long War Journal, those who normally cry and while about intervention, those who consistently criticize such strikes and purposeful targeting of civilians...have been deafening with their silence on Houthi activity in Yemen, I wonder why.

Utilizing drones to strike inside Saudi territory. That's interesting. And a sustained threat to Saudi Arabia.

How does that shiit get by our forum moralists normally all over this? Main focus seems to be what, what does that say there....civilian structures? Where are our cowbell players?

Just yesterday? Hmm. Amazing these Houthis can fly under the radar, how they escape our normally vigilant forum membership seems odd to me.

https://www.longwarjournal.org/archi...-and-yemen.php

@PJL that right there is called a link. It's the source I used to start the topic of discussion. See how that works.

You'll have to write all night if it's your goal to defend the Saudis. On the other hand we can't have anyone challenging Obama's tittle as the drone em to death president

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 1,125
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ransom's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 15,098x in 10,780 Posts
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    You'll have to write all night if it's your goal to defend the Saudis. On the other hand we can't have anyone challenging Obama's tittle as the drone em to death president
    Where do you see me defending Saudis as you stuff yet another straw man? Pointing out there are two sides of this conflict is taking sides? Pointing out that Iranian backed Houthi Rebels also target innocent civilians isn't relevant to this discussion? Highlighting drone strikes into Saudi Arabia itself by Houthi missiles and drones is defense of Saudi Arabia?

We've done much to point out Saudi atrocity. Bombing campaigns, sanction. I have brought historical perspective showing strife and civil war on Yemen for decades. Perspective on why Houthi Rebels exist in the first place, why Saudi Arabia and Iran and Egypt and the United States are involved. Activity by Houthi Rebels during this conflict has been ignored, donttread, at least by this forum. For example, if I didn't know Houthis had missiles nor drones to strike into Saudi Arabia proper, I thought their capabilities were limited to Yemen and their fight against the Yemeni government...then you had no idea.

I'm providing facts, donttread. Perspective as there are two sides of this conflict. Pointing out the purposeful targeting of Saudi civilians is ignored by so many on this thread who rail on when Saudi Arabia does the same......well....I don't think it sits well with you, you all look naïve and misinformed. Go figure.

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,493
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    PJL's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 982x in 846 Posts
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where do you see me defending Saudis as you stuff yet another straw man? Pointing out there are two sides of this conflict is taking sides? Pointing out that Iranian backed Houthi Rebels also target innocent civilians isn't relevant to this discussion? Highlighting drone strikes into Saudi Arabia itself by Houthi missiles and drones is defense of Saudi Arabia? We've done much to point out Saudi atrocity. Bombing campaigns, sanction. I have brought historical perspective showing strife and civil war on Yemen for decades. Perspective on why Houthi Rebels exist in the first place, why Saudi Arabia and Iran and Egypt and the United States are involved. Activity by Houthi Rebels during this conflict has been ignored, donttread, at least by this forum. For example, if I didn't know Houthis had missiles nor drones to strike into Saudi Arabia proper, I thought their capabilities were limited to Yemen and their fight against the Yemeni government...then you had no idea. I'm providing facts, donttread. Perspective as there are two sides of this conflict. Pointing out the purposeful targeting of Saudi civilians is ignored by so many on this thread who rail on when Saudi Arabia does the same......well....I don't think it sits well with you, you all look naïve and misinformed. Go figure.
    You keep forgetting one important fact = Yemen is a sovereign country , so why is Saud there at all ?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PJL For This Useful Post:

donttread (08-10-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where do you see me defending Saudis as you stuff yet another straw man? Pointing out there are two sides of this conflict is taking sides? Pointing out that Iranian backed Houthi Rebels also target innocent civilians isn't relevant to this discussion? Highlighting drone strikes into Saudi Arabia itself by Houthi missiles and drones is defense of Saudi Arabia?

We've done much to point out Saudi atrocity. Bombing campaigns, sanction. I have brought historical perspective showing strife and civil war on Yemen for decades. Perspective on why Houthi Rebels exist in the first place, why Saudi Arabia and Iran and Egypt and the United States are involved. Activity by Houthi Rebels during this conflict has been ignored, donttread, at least by this forum. For example, if I didn't know Houthis had missiles nor drones to strike into Saudi Arabia proper, I thought their capabilities were limited to Yemen and their fight against the Yemeni government...then you had no idea.

I'm providing facts, donttread. Perspective as there are two sides of this conflict. Pointing out the purposeful targeting of Saudi civilians is ignored by so many on this thread who rail on when Saudi Arabia does the same......well....I don't think it sits well with you, you all look naïve and misinformed. Go figure.

BLAH, blah, blah as you deny defending the Saudis while defending the Saudis because "the other kids are mean too". Sadly a common form of childish justification

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Private Pickle View Post
    War is hell.
    = no Ransom, I didn't know that either

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    BLAH, blah, blah as you deny defending the Saudis while defending the Saudis because "the other kids are mean too". Sadly a common form of childish justification
    I understand pointing out that there are two sides of this conflict doesn't support you agenda, donttread. It's outside your base of knowledge, it's beyond your scope. You start to make up straw arguments, you repeat your oft used agenda that is tired and old.....not to mention wrong. Pay attention to the Part III series on attacks in the Red Sea as you didn't know this either. Your agenda driven ignorance so obvious.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PJL View Post
    You keep forgetting one important fact = Yemen is a sovereign country , so why is Saud there at all ?
    You didn't read the link I gave you, you've no intention of having anything but an unbiased one-sided conversation. I understand this doesn't fit in with the donttread, Ethereal, PJL version of reality, I understand it's going to get criticized. You three have no f'n clue what is happening in Yemen and it's why you had to ask this question, PJL. Y'all are wholesale ignorant, squawking on about issues you know nothing about, I'm merely pointing that out. Carry on.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand pointing out that there are two sides of this conflict doesn't support you agenda, donttread. It's outside your base of knowledge, it's beyond your scope. You start to make up straw arguments, you repeat your oft used agenda that is tired and old.....not to mention wrong. Pay attention to the Part III series on attacks in the Red Sea as you didn't know this either. Your agenda driven ignorance so obvious.
    There are tow sides, it's just that neither of them has right on it's side and one of them lives there while the other does not. Speaking of agendas, run along now you must have some American politician kissing Saudi ass taped to watch for a thrill.

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 1,008
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Private Pickle's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,114x in 9,773 Posts
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    = no Ransom, I didn't know that either
    = I’m Ransom and think way too much of myself.
    I find your lack of faith...disturbing...

-Darth Vader

+ Reply to Thread