alexa's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,020x in 2,185 Posts
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't noticed the all female crowds at the Dems' political rallies.

I'll have to pay closer attention.

Or it could be bull$#@!.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,470x in 36,445 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alexa View Post
    I haven't noticed the all female crowds at the Dems' political rallies.

I'll have to pay closer attention.

Or it could be bull$#@!.
    Reads title. Makes inane comment. lol
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 2,888
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,929x in 8,807 Posts
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    I remember very few mass shootings in the first 50 yrs of my life. We have a tendency to forget things but not alot of mass shootings.

Theres alot more today, I think everyone can agree on that. Whats causing this millenial generation to be so violent. Mass shootings antfiaa, supremists.
    The left isnt going to like this statement but millenials are the first generation FULLY exposed to progressive schools with totally changed curriculums. They are the first generation subjected fully to a breakdown of religion and morality.

Public Schools need to go back to teaching Life Skills and college preparatory and stop the rest of the CRAP

There has to be a connection as to why the millenial generation is so violent and it starts with home and public education, Many of them havent lived much longer than school to get this screwed up and insanely violent.

Why most terrorists and mass shooters are millennial men

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-...al-men-2017-11
    Based on research into these rampage killers, Psychology Today states the following:
    Most attackers struggled with suicidal thoughts, depression, deep loss and failure. Despite these signs of psychological problems, very few had ever undergone a mental health evaluation and even fewer still received a psychiatric diagnosis. Most felt persecuted or victimized if not bullied. Note the relative insignificance of violent media or video games. Most revealed their violent fantasies and in some cases their specific plans to someone including parents.
    This is not the portrait of a loner doing poorly in school who is bullied, rejected and addicted to picking off prostitutes on Grand Theft Auto until he snaps one day and suddenly kills a lot of people.

This all too familiar phenomenon of school shootings cannot readily be pinned on psychotic breaks, bullying, video games or other popular boogeymen. The next school killer may not even particularly like video games. He might have quite a few friends and not exhibit much depression. As unsettling as it may be to those searching for clarity, the typical mass murderer, if there is one, might not be who you suspect." https://www.psychologytoday.com/ca/b...rampage-killer

Perhaps this is just a symptom of the explosion in the number people who now suffer from depression.

Why Millennial Depression Is on the Rise
    Depression may be on the rise among younger millennials even as typical risk factors such as substance use and antisocial behavior fall, a new study in the International Journal of Epidemiology suggests.

Researchers looked at two groups of millennials in the United Kingdom, one born between 1991 and 1992 and a second born between 2000 and 2002.

The researchers said they found that overall symptoms of both depression and self-harm had increased by age 14 in the younger cohort compared to the older one.

Symptoms of depression increased from 9 percent to almost 15 percent between 2005 and 2015 — the years of each group’s respective check-in — while reported self-harm increased from almost 12 percent to more than 14 percent.

What’s more, the younger millennials reported lower overall risk factors such as smoking (3 percent compared to 9 percent) and drinking alcohol (43 percent versus 52 percent), as well as fewer anti-social behaviors (28 percent versus 40 percent).

While this newest research came from the United Kingdom, similar findings have been made in the United States.

For instance, a 2018 report from Blue Cross Blue Shield found that diagnoses of major depression had risen 47 percent for millennials in 2013.Millennial who?Defining the age range of the millennial generation is fuzzy.

The U.S. Census Bureau has used the year 2000 as a cutoff birth year while the Pew Research Center sets it back to 1996.

But whether the younger group in the U.K. study represents the limit of the millennial generation or the beginning of Generation Z, the results are clear: The kids are depressed and it’s not clear why.

The study did find younger millennials slept fewer than eight hours per night (11 percent versus 6 percent) and had higher body mass index (BMI) scores than their older counterparts (7 percent scored as obese compared to 4 percent in the older cohort).

But the researchers cautioned against drawing any single conclusion from this data.

Instead, these results, “suggest relationships between these factors might be more complex and dynamic in nature than currently understood,” the study authors wrote.

Is social media to blame?
    Many experts interviewed by Healthline singled out social media as a potential vector for this increase in depressive symptoms.

“Millennials were the first generation to grow up with the constant flow of information from the internet and social media [and] they are being bombarded with details about the personal and professionals lives of others,” said Jessica Singh, a mental health therapist and founder of Transcendence Counseling Center, LLC in Vero Beach, Florida.

“Millennials can’t help but compare their situations and achievements to everyone else’s, which can leave them feeling insecure and unaccomplished,” Singh told Healthline.

As a result, “Millennials are feeling the pressure to always look and act like they have it all together. This can easily result in lowered self-esteem, anxiety, or depression,” she said.

This tracks with previous studies that have indicated social media use may increase depression and loneliness.

Then there’s the reality that social media interactions are simply less real, substantive, and protective than ones in real life, said Kathryn Moore, PhD, a psychologist at Providence Saint John’s Child and Family Development Center in Santa Monica, California.

“I see many young adults who say they are social, but their social interactions consist of talking with people online while playing a video game for hours,” she told Healthline. “These types of social interactions aren’t allowing for true sharing, connectedness, or feeling known.”https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...on-on-the-rise

Millennials are also the most anxious generation: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/322877.php

https://www.johnshopkinshealthreview...een-depression
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

alexa (08-13-2019)

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 530
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,504x in 16,031 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The shootings are often a form of what's known in psychology as " displacement " imo..
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    hellenas1's Avatar Junior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2x in 2 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe you are seeing men come out against society, because in the old days...they could inside their homes. They'd beat their wives. Today, they can't do that, and women will just walk away.

As for the Millennial generation, I blame MY generation. I just got back from the Cleveland Flats. OMG. There is not a dance club, a place to go out...but NOTHING, NOTHING but sit down restaurants. They removed $#@!ans, Beachclub, etc. All is gone. Here is a millennial response: "It is cleaner." My response, "What they hell do you guys do for fun, sit and cross your legs?"

It is not just that, but I saw all the boys walk out from a nightclub alone, NOT PAIRED UP....and girls in groups. I was sitting with my husband, and we both agreed something is wrong here in nature.

I felt as if we were at an 8th grade dance, being monitors. And these ppl are in their late 20s-30s.

I blame OUR generation. And I blame OUR generation for making these rules. We had sooo much fun in the 80s and 90s. Today...you can't smoke, you can't drink, office buildings and employment is based on smoking, etc. How much do you want to bend a generation? I remember coming into work drunk. Today, they will revoke all your education, licences and credential.

We have become the Khomeini of Christianity. And, because WE VOTE...not millennials...we should change that.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to hellenas1 For This Useful Post:

Cotton1 (08-13-2019)

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 76,958x in 55,587 Posts
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When you keep telling boys as they mature that men are abusive predators and such, it has an impact over time. A negative impact.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

donttread (08-13-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2x in 2 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can quote all research, etc. Our generation GAVE them information. We then made LAWS to block them. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Stop the laws, and let them live. Let your kids go suffer, make rent, etc. WE DID IT! Let them go out, to a bar...and have a funnel of vodka hit their throats, while sitting on a barber chair. Let the dance floors rotate...not make a law that stops rotating dance floors.

I was on social media in the 90s. Can we please stop that argument. We just all learned how to communicate faster, instead of needing to stand by a phone in a kitchen with a LONG wire.

Get real, not Evangelical.

Overall activity: 86.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,245x in 27,866 Posts
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Outlaw sugar. Put a 1000% tax on carbohydrates not contained in leafy vegetables. Problem solved.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2x in 2 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ironically, 2 of my kids are rep. But, I just had a discussion with them. Yes, let them take the rights away. Let them take your "CHOICE." Point is..."CHOICE." That is a beautiful word. You have a "CHOICE." You can USE that word to fit your life. That is America. But, when someone starts "LIMITING" your choice, that is when it is NOT AMERICA.

So, let me remind you. In 1950s, women barely were able to get a "Checking Acct." If you wanted to buy at the grocery, you put it on your husband's tab. 1960's, you were a secretary. I don't care what 1 women job they make on HBO or Netflix. You were a secretary.

1970s, you just fireballed on everything. You still didn't have many rights.

1980s...we just made management level at a McDonalds.

1990s...we now made it to the top, but I was also a women in computer fields who dropped out. Mainly men. I wish I was tougher.

2000....You own everything. And today, they want to stop your rights. Your choices, etc. Hell, let them hit abortion, then they will target jobs, then they will target bank accounts, then you are sitting at home. Starting what women back in 1950 started. GET REAL!

America is NOT about Faith. We are Church and State separated. You may have a Faith, but you can make your Choice. I may disagree with Mormans having 15 wives in Utah; and I'm am Maronite Catholic. But we EACH have our choice.

+ Reply to Thread