Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,901x in 15,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    No. There's no difference. I've been consistent. I have railed about the debt since the early 80's. Let's be honest -- Chairman Maobama seem to relish the fact that he got to spend more and Trump has complained that he's been forced to spend more. Yes, yes, I know -- you'll say that Trump was lying when he complained but that is a stark difference.

'milquetoast whataboutism' -- really? Would you prefer that I turn into a lunatic like a lot of posters here? Fail.

LoL @ Chairman Maobama. No, please don't turn into a "lunatic"....
    “Conscientiously believing that the proper condition of the negro is slavery, or a complete subjection to the white man, and entertaining the belief that the day is not distant when the old Union will be restored with slavery nationally declared to be the proper condition of all of African descent, and in view of the future harmony and progress of all the States of America, I have been induced to issue this address, so that there may be no misunderstanding in the future”

- Jefferson Davis

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Safety For This Useful Post:

DGUtley (08-13-2019)

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Safety's Avatar Nationalist
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,901x in 15,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    It doesn't matter who the POTUS is, the congress is responsible for spending and debt. I'm not sure why this comes as such a surprise to some.
    *whoosh* the point goes sailing over your head.
    “Conscientiously believing that the proper condition of the negro is slavery, or a complete subjection to the white man, and entertaining the belief that the day is not distant when the old Union will be restored with slavery nationally declared to be the proper condition of all of African descent, and in view of the future harmony and progress of all the States of America, I have been induced to issue this address, so that there may be no misunderstanding in the future”

- Jefferson Davis

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,167x in 27,728 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    Most conservatives have been quite consistent on debt and spending. There have been some people here who are inconsistent and even hypocritical on the issue. Chances are some of those inconsistencies and hypocrisies will be exposed in this thread.
    You know even if it was explained to the leftness in pictures they still wouldn't understand whats happening.

Conservatives push for balanced budget, permanent tax cuts ...

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/conservatives-push-for-balanced...
    The Republican Study Committee released a proposed 2019 budget Wednesday that would balance the budget in eight years and cut billions of dollars worth of discretionary spending from the omnibus ...

Democrats Now Share Responsibility for the 2019 Deficit

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/01/democrats_now_share_responsibility...
    Jan 10, 2019 · Democrats are therefore partially responsible for the 2019 budget now that they control the House. That means that the Dems share responsibility for the current deficit.

House Democrats propose $4,500 pay raise for Congress ...

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/06/04/congress-pay-raise-1353195
    06/04/2019 04:25 PM EDT ... spending leaders want to break a decadelong pay freeze and give members of Congress a cost-of-living bump that could pad their salaries with an extra $4,500 next year …

House Budget Committee approves Democrats' plan to boost ...

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/apr/3/house-budget-committee-approves...
    Apr 03, 2019 · House Budget Committee approves Democrats' plan to boost spending caps by more than $350 billion. Follow Us Search Search Keyword: ... That’s a $17 billion boost from fiscal 2019
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 597
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cannons Front's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,150x in 2,896 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My position on this is and always has been the system is corrupt, it matters little which side you vote for. I am a fan of a Balanced budget amendment, I am also a fan of an amendment that eliminates the pork that they attach to nearly every bill.
    I am far from happy with the current Republicans and the spending and will vote for who I think has the best chance of slowing it down and addressing the Debt. I don't know if Trump is that person but I do know that NONE of the leading Democrats are, they are all spend, spend, spend, free, free, free..... We will just tax the rich....... The rich do not make enough money to pay for the blue moon plans they are talking..... Then we will just tax the corporations....... Corps do not pay taxes.... they raise the price of their goods or services and we pay it for them.
    There are a couple Dems that are saying the right things in the regard but they are shouted down and polling in the 1-2% range...

Another reason that I support Congressional Term limits as well......
    "The powers of the federal government are enumerated; it can only operate in certain cases; it has legislative powers on defined and limited objects, beyond which it cannot extend its jurisdiction." James Madison 1788

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cannons Front For This Useful Post:

MMC (08-13-2019)

tPF Moderator
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,583x in 25,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety View Post
    Well... it was Chairman Maobama that said he couldn't do something without congress first passing a law and he said it countless numbers of times -- and then he went and did it. He even taunted congress with his 'I got a pen' comments. That is dictatorial, whether you care to admit it or not -- and his nickname (or one of them) was born. So, uncomfortable but not lunatic.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

Captdon (08-14-2019)

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 139
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    alexa's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,020x in 2,185 Posts
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    References to *Mordor* are a tell.

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 139
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    alexa's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,020x in 2,185 Posts
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    Well... it was Chairman Maobama that said he couldn't do something without congress first passing a law and he said it countless numbers of times -- and then he went and did it. He even taunted congress with his 'I got a pen' comments. That is dictatorial, whether you care to admit it or not -- and his nickname (or one of them) was born. So, uncomfortable but not lunatic.
    But declaring a false national emergency to do an end run around congress to build a vanity wall is just peachy, right?

lol

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 77,538x in 55,961 Posts
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannons Front View Post
    My position on this is and always has been the system is corrupt, it matters little which side you vote for. I am a fan of a Balanced budget amendment, I am also a fan of an amendment that eliminates the pork that they attach to nearly every bill.
    I am far from happy with the current Republicans and the spending and will vote for who I think has the best chance of slowing it down and addressing the Debt. I don't know if Trump is that person but I do know that NONE of the leading Democrats are, they are all spend, spend, spend, free, free, free..... We will just tax the rich....... The rich do not make enough money to pay for the blue moon plans they are talking..... Then we will just tax the corporations....... Corps do not pay taxes.... they raise the price of their goods or services and we pay it for them.
    There are a couple Dems that are saying the right things in the regard but they are shouted down and polling in the 1-2% range...

Another reason that I support Congressional Term limits as well......
    The balanced budget amendment is a scam. It would be used as a mandate to increase taxes. All they would do is increase spending, then increase taxes to cover that spending on paper. Then when the tax increases result in less revenues because of a slowing economy they will use that as an excuse to raise taxes even more.

Overall activity: 97.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 81,391x in 54,973 Posts
    Mentioned
    2013 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The difference, of course, in which the OP was highlighting was the lack of bed $#@!ting seen here in regards to the debt. I mean, what we have here is milquetoast whataboutism in regards to "both sides do it" but during the last administration it was strictly about that damn Obama.

Damn, didn't I call it about how an attempt about how it was "different" would be used?

#woke
    You seem incontinent enough for everyone.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Captdon (08-14-2019),MMC (08-13-2019)

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 77,538x in 55,961 Posts
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alexa View Post
    But declaring a false national emergency to do an end run around congress to build a vanity wall is just peachy, right?

lol
    Liberals are calling our southern border an emergency situation. The best way to end that emergency is to secure that border.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

Captdon (08-14-2019)

+ Reply to Thread