User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 99

Thread: Party of Fiscal Restraint Sets New Spending Record

  1. #1
    Points: 16,273, Level: 30
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered10000 Experience PointsSocial
    alexa's Avatar Banned
    Karma
    3028
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    5,795
    Points
    16,273
    Level
    30
    Thanks Given
    2,751
    Thanked 3,018x in 2,185 Posts
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Party of Fiscal Restraint Sets New Spending Record

    The federal government spent a record $3,727,014,000,000 in the first ten months of fiscal 2019 (October through July), according to the Monthly Treasury Statement released today.
    While spending that record $3,727,014,000,000, the government ran a deficit of $866,812,000,000.

    -----------------------------------------------------

    https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...-treasury-runs


    Not that I needed any confirmation on what hypocrites those on the right are...


    Let the excuses begin.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to alexa For This Useful Post:

    donttread (08-13-2019)

  3. #2
    Points: 110,883, Level: 81
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 2,767
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Safety's Avatar Nationalist
    Karma
    2614834
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    GA/FL
    Posts
    47,677
    Points
    110,883
    Level
    81
    Thanks Given
    22,849
    Thanked 21,319x in 14,501 Posts
    Mentioned
    1146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Expect crickets from the board's self proclaimed economists. Especially after watching them lose their $#@! for eight years when the "other" one was in office.

    There might be one or two that show up to attempt to bull$#@! everyone how "this" is different....
    “Conscientiously believing that the proper condition of the negro is slavery, or a complete subjection to the white man, and entertaining the belief that the day is not distant when the old Union will be restored with slavery nationally declared to be the proper condition of all of African descent, and in view of the future harmony and progress of all the States of America, I have been induced to issue this address, so that there may be no misunderstanding in the future”

    - J. Davis

  4. #3

    tPF Moderator
    Points: 81,454, Level: 69
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 996
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteran
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Karma
    169995
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Posts
    19,832
    Points
    81,454
    Level
    69
    Thanks Given
    6,768
    Thanked 15,257x in 8,759 Posts
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I 100% agree with you -- until you got to the "hypocrites on the right" comment because I think its politicians on both sides that are hypocrites when it comes to fiscal restraint.

    Personally, I would not have cut personal taxes. I would eliminate baseline budgeting and do an across the board cut. I'd get stockman-ish about it.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

  5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

    Captdon (08-14-2019),Chris (08-13-2019),Dr. Strangelove (08-13-2019),FindersKeepers (08-13-2019),hanger4 (08-13-2019),MMC (08-13-2019)

  6. #4
    Points: 16,273, Level: 30
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered10000 Experience PointsSocial
    alexa's Avatar Banned
    Karma
    3028
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    5,795
    Points
    16,273
    Level
    30
    Thanks Given
    2,751
    Thanked 3,018x in 2,185 Posts
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    I 100% agree with you -- until you got to the "hypocrites on the right" comment because I think its politicians on both sides that are hypocrites when it comes to fiscal restraint.

    Personally, I would not have cut personal taxes. I would eliminate baseline budgeting and do an across the board cut. I'd get stockman-ish about it.
    I have trouble recalling Dems taking Reps to task for their spending, but it's a cottage industry on the right.

    Also, the Laffer Curve bull$#@!- I don't recall too many Dems signing up for that.

    Ergo hypocrisy on this issue is property of the GOP.

    Whatabout fail.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to alexa For This Useful Post:

    Dr. Strangelove (08-13-2019)

  8. #5

    tPF Moderator
    Points: 81,454, Level: 69
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 996
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteran
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Karma
    169995
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Posts
    19,832
    Points
    81,454
    Level
    69
    Thanks Given
    6,768
    Thanked 15,257x in 8,759 Posts
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alexa View Post
    I have trouble recalling Dems taking Reps to task for their spending, but it's a cottage industry on the right. Also, the Laffer Curve bull$#@!- I don't recall too many Dems signing up for that. Ergo hypocrisy on this issue is property of the GOP. Whatabout fail.
    The hypocrisy is that both parties are willing to spend us into oblivion. I've watched debates and speeches where politicians on both sides have decried the debt yet neither are willing to do anything about it. It's sickening. hypocrisy abounds on both sides.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

    Cannons Front (08-13-2019),Captdon (08-14-2019),hanger4 (08-13-2019)

  10. #6
    Points: 110,883, Level: 81
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 2,767
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Safety's Avatar Nationalist
    Karma
    2614834
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    GA/FL
    Posts
    47,677
    Points
    110,883
    Level
    81
    Thanks Given
    22,849
    Thanked 21,319x in 14,501 Posts
    Mentioned
    1146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The difference, of course, in which the OP was highlighting was the lack of bed $#@!ting seen here in regards to the debt. I mean, what we have here is milquetoast whataboutism in regards to "both sides do it" but during the last administration it was strictly about that damn Obama.

    Damn, didn't I call it about how an attempt about how it was "different" would be used?

    #woke
    “Conscientiously believing that the proper condition of the negro is slavery, or a complete subjection to the white man, and entertaining the belief that the day is not distant when the old Union will be restored with slavery nationally declared to be the proper condition of all of African descent, and in view of the future harmony and progress of all the States of America, I have been induced to issue this address, so that there may be no misunderstanding in the future”

    - J. Davis

  11. #7
    Points: 216,175, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 87.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    268896
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Bremerton, Washington
    Posts
    95,704
    Points
    216,175
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    10,993
    Thanked 37,879x in 28,321 Posts
    Mentioned
    455 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The congress seems to have an addiction to spending money they don't have.

  12. #8
    Points: 216,175, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 87.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    268896
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Bremerton, Washington
    Posts
    95,704
    Points
    216,175
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    10,993
    Thanked 37,879x in 28,321 Posts
    Mentioned
    455 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety View Post
    Expect crickets from the board's self proclaimed economists. Especially after watching them lose their $#@! for eight years when the "other" one was in office.

    There might be one or two that show up to attempt to bull$#@! everyone how "this" is different....
    It doesn't matter who the POTUS is, the congress is responsible for spending and debt. I'm not sure why this comes as such a surprise to some.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

    Captdon (08-14-2019),MMC (08-13-2019)

  14. #9

    tPF Moderator
    Points: 81,454, Level: 69
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 996
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteran
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Karma
    169995
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Posts
    19,832
    Points
    81,454
    Level
    69
    Thanks Given
    6,768
    Thanked 15,257x in 8,759 Posts
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety View Post
    The difference, of course, in which the OP was highlighting was the lack of bed $#@!ting seen here in regards to the debt. I mean, what we have here is milquetoast whataboutism in regards to "both sides do it" but during the last administration it was strictly about that damn Obama. Damn, didn't I call it about how an attempt about how it was "different" would be used? #woke
    No. There's no difference. I've been consistent. I have railed about the debt since the early 80's. Let's be honest -- Chairman Maobama seem to relish the fact that he got to spend more and Trump has complained that he's been forced to spend more. Yes, yes, I know -- you'll say that Trump was lying when he complained but that is a stark difference.

    'milquetoast whataboutism' -- really? Would you prefer that I turn into a lunatic like a lot of posters here? Fail.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

    Captdon (08-14-2019)

  16. #10
    Points: 216,175, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 87.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    268896
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Bremerton, Washington
    Posts
    95,704
    Points
    216,175
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    10,993
    Thanked 37,879x in 28,321 Posts
    Mentioned
    455 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    No. There's no difference. I've been consistent. I have railed about the debt since the early 80's. Let's be honest -- Chairman Maobama seem to relish the fact that he got to spend more and Trump has complained that he's been forced to spend more. Yes, yes, I know -- you'll say that Trump was lying when he complained but that is a stark difference.

    'milquetoast whataboutism' -- really? Would you prefer that I turn into a lunatic like a lot of posters here? Fail.
    Most conservatives have been quite consistent on debt and spending. There have been some people here who are inconsistent and even hypocritical on the issue. Chances are some of those inconsistencies and hypocrisies will be exposed in this thread.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Single Sign On provided by vBSSO