Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2x in 2 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Evangelicals are Dangerous

There are mainstream religions: Protestestant / Catholic - Muslim, Buddist, Hindu, etc.

Fact is, that there are 23 Catholic divisions. I am Maronite. Even a Muslim, knows where I stand.

Evangelicals are twisting the word of Christ. I am trying so hard to tell you, that they are wanting to make money off their parishioners. They only speak the word of the New Testement. They DO NOT speak the history, the poems, the love stories, etc. They do not speak of anything but their own saving.

Jesus Christ, took everyone in. You do not need an evangelical to tell you that. They want your MONEY! They will also tell you that they need a plane to fly higher to God.

Us, Catholic know this.

And, there are again - 23 different types of Catholics. I am of the Maronite Faith. And Arabs know Maronite. We fight hard.

Evangelical religion is a fake. It is them taking words from bible, to make money. They themselves, do not believe it. Look at their homes. Our priest live in crap. Evangelical leaders live in mansions. Our Priest must get approval for economy flights - unless parishioners pays it... Evangelicals fly their own private planes.

Learn the difference. Even a brother - whom brother is an evangelical preacher - laughs at the donations he gets. We know him.

It is a joke. The Evangelical religion is a joke.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hellenas1 For This Useful Post:

The Sage of Main Street (08-14-2019)

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Lummy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,307x in 4,359 Posts
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't need any church to come to know in your way and as well as you ever can or will, Jesus.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lummy For This Useful Post:

Retirednsmilin308 (08-14-2019)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,323x in 10,925 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First let me welcome you to the forum Hellenas

I was raised a catholic, baptised, recieved communion. The catholic church has always wanted my money and took it whenever they could coerce from us.

The catholic church has a horrific pedophillia problem that they havent fixed in decades.

I dont think the catholic religion is made out of gold and purity and I dont think were in the position to criticize anyone else until we straighten our own out first.
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

Standing Wolf (08-14-2019)

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Lummy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,307x in 4,359 Posts
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never thought of Presbyterians as dangerous, myself.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lummy For This Useful Post:

DGUtley (08-14-2019),MisterVeritis (08-13-2019)

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,629x in 25,166 Posts
    Mentioned
    892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. We have been working hard to rid the evil of pedophiles from the Church. Lots of progress made but more work to do.

2. I don’t think the RCC is critical of other religions but we look for commonality and mutual understanding. Even Benedict said non-Catholics can go to heaven.

3. It is not being a good Christian to speak I’ll of other faiths, IMHO. It is unseemly.

4. As a lifelong Catholic, I know we are always being asked to give, give, give. Yes, nobody cares, clothes, educate or provides medical care for more people than the Roman Catholic Church but to say we don’t get hit up for money would be disingenuous.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

Common (08-13-2019)

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,723
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    gamewell45's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,568x in 4,623 Posts
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellenas1 View Post
    There are mainstream religions: Protestestant / Catholic - Muslim, Buddist, Hindu, etc.

Fact is, that there are 23 Catholic divisions. I am Maronite. Even a Muslim, knows where I stand.

Evangelicals are twisting the word of Christ. I am trying so hard to tell you, that they are wanting to make money off their parishioners. They only speak the word of the New Testement. They DO NOT speak the history, the poems, the love stories, etc. They do not speak of anything but their own saving.

Jesus Christ, took everyone in. You do not need an evangelical to tell you that. They want your MONEY! They will also tell you that they need a plane to fly higher to God.

Us, Catholic know this.

And, there are again - 23 different types of Catholics. I am of the Maronite Faith. And Arabs know Maronite. We fight hard.

Evangelical religion is a fake. It is them taking words from bible, to make money. They themselves, do not believe it. Look at their homes. Our priest live in crap. Evangelical leaders live in mansions. Our Priest must get approval for economy flights - unless parishioners pays it... Evangelicals fly their own private planes.

Learn the difference. Even a brother - whom brother is an evangelical preacher - laughs at the donations he gets. We know him.

I have a friend who was a Roman Catholic Priest. He tells me the Catholic church is all about money; if, as a priest, you raise a lot of money for the diocese, you get plumb assignments. If not you get stuck out in a parish in the middle of nowhere with no help from the diocese whatsoever. He got so fed up he left the priesthood in disgust.

You claim to be a Maronite; I find it hard to believe that a true Maronite would ever speak ill of another religion as you have. You give the Roman Catholic church a black eye. You ought to be ashamed of yourself.
    God Bless America, God Bless our Military and God Bless the Police who defended the country against the insurgents on January 6, 2021

Think 3rd party for 2024 folks. Clean up America.

Once I tell you that we agree to disagree there will be no more discussion between us in the thread so please don't waste your time continuing to argue your points because I will not respond.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to gamewell45 For This Useful Post:

DGUtley (08-14-2019)

Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 193
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    roadmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,315x in 4,620 Posts
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are just like the other religions that came out from the Catholic Church. Jesus is not the head of the Church and His word. You are in an organized religion just like the protastants. Anytime Christ is not the final authority and His word in any Church they twist the Bible, men or board members tell them what they can and can't not preach, and if they don't do what they are told they will be fired.
    Now your claim Jesus welcomed all. That is a lie in itself. He didn't welcome sons of satan, He didn't want the pharoses to understand His words that they may be saved, because they were reprobate. He left many out in the desert to die because of unbelief, and He destroyed Sodom. So you need to stop twisting His words too

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 469
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jet57's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,368x in 2,004 Posts
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Us, Catholic know this.

Ahh; Lebanese: I have attended a Maronite service: lot's of songs that are more like chanting.

Over here, I don't know where you are, all denominations operate and each one has their own little spin that caters to their values and particular beliefs; Christianity is particularly rife with competing theologies.

Protestantism lacks the cathedral display and awe inspiring large atmosphere of Catholicism. Protestantism, which I think you're referring to has a very wide spread and is competitive in getting people in the door. As a result a particular church culture will arise and the theology will change according to political values in particular. I have no appreciation for evangelicals myself, and I've been to all kinds of services including Old Timmie southern mountain revivals. A theocratic environment is not always the best plan for long range planning.

Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 193
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    roadmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,315x in 4,620 Posts
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will give you some credit, the Rick Warrens, John Hagee, Kenneth Complands of this world all all false preachers.

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 653
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    countryboy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,812x in 13,700 Posts
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Us, Catholic know this.

All Christians are "evangelicals".
    Cutesy Time is OVER

+ Reply to Thread