Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,323x in 10,925 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Intelligent Cruise Control

Its an option on many cars today and its called by different names by different companies. Subaru calls it Eyesight, some call it adaptive cruise control.

Anyway I had a BBQ at my house Sat and 2 friends told us that the option saved them from an accident or serious injury.

The option will stop you if it senses you are to close to a vehicle in front of you and havent responded by hitting your breaks, it will slow you down or apply the breaks accordingly. It also will steer you back in your lane if you are drifting out of your lane, like falling asleep or unattentiveness.

One guy was on the highway and his rottweiller decided to jump up and start licking his neck, he turned and pushed the dog back and almost rear ended the car in front of him the Adaptive cruise saved him.

Another guys wife said she was totally wrong in trying to get her phone out of her purse and it brought her to a full stop before she hit a car in front of her that stopped for a light.

NOW MY WIFE wants it, sigh she always gets what she wants but I do not want to buy another vehicle right now, but like a good puppy im out there looking for another car.

I have a 2016 Nissan Rogue that I paid off 5 months ago, it has low mileage, garage kept and theres no reason to get rid of it, unless your wife wants you to I guess.....yes yes im whipped

So ive been looking for Small Suvs that have this feature, well surprise surprise, all the companies, except subaru only put them in their top of the line, which are stupidly expensive and have things that are ridiculous and I dont want.

Subaru is slick though, they have Eyesight in every model from base to the ultimate but if you want power seats you have to buy the Limited version, I wont have a car without power seats. So im back in the same boat.

She wants it because she says shes weary having to be so attentive while riding with me because im an idiot and I drive like a cop, im always looking at both sides of the street and never straight ahead. I promised id change, she doesnt believe me.

So could someone start a Gofundme page for me
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

Collateral Damage (08-14-2019),Dr. Who (08-15-2019)

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 2,162
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,265x in 12,388 Posts
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My 5'2" Scots-Irish better half doesn't ask me for things like that - she just goes and gets them. I recall several years ago she was having problems with her car, and after work one day she said, "I'll be back" and came back a couple of hours later driving a new Nissan pickup. Hey, as long as she makes the payments, I'm perfectly okay with her decisions.
    Last edited by Standing Wolf; 08-14-2019 at 01:24 PM.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

Common (08-14-2019),Peter1469 (08-14-2019)

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 264
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Collateral Damage's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,872x in 4,196 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    Its an option on many cars today and its called by different names by different companies. Subaru calls it Eyesight, some call it adaptive cruise control.

Anyway I had a BBQ at my house Sat and 2 friends told us that the option saved them from an accident or serious injury.

The option will stop you if it senses you are to close to a vehicle in front of you and havent responded by hitting your breaks, it will slow you down or apply the breaks accordingly. It also will steer you back in your lane if you are drifting out of your lane, like falling asleep or unattentiveness.

One guy was on the highway and his rottweiller decided to jump up and start licking his neck, he turned and pushed the dog back and almost rear ended the car in front of him the Adaptive cruise saved him.

Another guys wife said she was totally wrong in trying to get her phone out of her purse and it brought her to a full stop before she hit a car in front of her that stopped for a light.

NOW MY WIFE wants it, sigh she always gets what she wants but I do not want to buy another vehicle right now, but like a good puppy im out there looking for another car.

I have a 2016 Nissan Rogue that I paid off 5 months ago, it has low mileage, garage kept and theres no reason to get rid of it, unless your wife wants you to I guess.....yes yes im whipped

So ive been looking for Small Suvs that have this feature, well surprise surprise, all the companies, except subaru only put them in their top of the line, which are stupidly expensive and have things that are ridiculous and I dont want.

Subaru is slick though, they have Eyesight in every model from base to the ultimate but if you want power seats you have to buy the Limited version, I wont have a car without power seats. So im back in the same boat.

She wants it because she says shes weary having to be so attentive while riding with me because im an idiot and I drive like a cop, im always looking at both sides of the street and never straight ahead. I promised id change, she doesnt believe me.

My brother recently replaced a defunct Subaru, with another Subaru, which has that function. He loves it. Well, he loves Subaru anyway, he's had I think 5 of them over the years. Dependable, solid, reasonable MPG.

Me, I don't want my car deciding when I need to brake. My current commute vehicle is a 2011 with 128,000 miles on it, and will likely last me a good 4 more years or more.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." -- James Madison

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Collateral Damage For This Useful Post:

Common (08-14-2019)

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 661
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    midcan5's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,497x in 1,841 Posts
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate all that crap, whatever happened to red blooded Americans racing from every stop light. No wonder we have a draft dodger wuss as president. Americans are so weak they see in Donnie's weakness themselves. American Graffiti where are you.

"Trump is a monster. He did not create the hate that’s in the Republican Party. Their hate enabled him. He channels their hate. The one book that everyone should read today is Hitler’s ‘Mein Kampf’. Hitler, the monster, was only saying out loud what the people believed in whispers just as Trump is doing today. The hate was there, Hitler only channeled it. Trump channels it too. Did you see Trumps KKK/Nuremburg rally last night? (That would be, 7/17/2019). Most Republicans saw nothing wrong when Trump tweeted ‘go back to your own country’, and the fascist KKK members in the audience led the chant ‘send her back’. There’s a reason why the New York Times referred to the KKK as America’s Fascist in 1925 and the KKK/fascist label still resonates within bigots who think it’s okay to tell Americans ‘go back to the country you came from’."
    Gary Beauregard Bottomley - Goodreads review

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...th-of-politics
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midcan5 For This Useful Post:

Common (08-14-2019),Crepitus (08-19-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    I hate all that crap, whatever happened to red blooded Americans racing from every stop light. No wonder we have a draft dodger wuss as president. Americans are so weak they see in Donnie's weakness themselves. American Graffiti where are you.

"Trump is a monster. He did not create the hate that’s in the Republican Party. Their hate enabled him. He channels their hate. The one book that everyone should read today is Hitler’s ‘Mein Kampf’. Hitler, the monster, was only saying out loud what the people believed in whispers just as Trump is doing today. The hate was there, Hitler only channeled it. Trump channels it too. Did you see Trumps KKK/Nuremburg rally last night? (That would be, 7/17/2019). Most Republicans saw nothing wrong when Trump tweeted ‘go back to your own country’, and the fascist KKK members in the audience led the chant ‘send her back’. There’s a reason why the New York Times referred to the KKK as America’s Fascist in 1925 and the KKK/fascist label still resonates within bigots who think it’s okay to tell Americans ‘go back to the country you came from’."
    Gary Beauregard Bottomley - Goodreads review

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...th-of-politics
    Think you've got the wrong thread.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." -- James Madison

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Collateral Damage For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (08-14-2019)

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,723
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    gamewell45's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,568x in 4,623 Posts
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Collateral Damage View Post
    My brother recently replaced a defunct Subaru, with another Subaru, which has that function. He loves it. Well, he loves Subaru anyway, he's had I think 5 of them over the years. Dependable, solid, reasonable MPG.

Me, I don't want my car deciding when I need to brake. My current commute vehicle is a 2011 with 128,000 miles on it, and will likely last me a good 4 more years or more.
    You change the oil every 3,000 miles and you'll get over 200,000 miles on your engine. I had a 1998 jeep wrangler that I finally had to junk after 17 years only because the body and frame rotted through. The engine had about 220,000 miles on it and didn't burn a drop of oil.
    God Bless America, God Bless our Military and God Bless the Police who defended the country against the insurgents on January 6, 2021

Think 3rd party for 2024 folks. Clean up America.

Once I tell you that we agree to disagree there will be no more discussion between us in the thread so please don't waste your time continuing to argue your points because I will not respond.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to gamewell45 For This Useful Post:

Collateral Damage (08-14-2019)

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 3,963
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,647x in 14,858 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post

My wife's Subaru does some of that and the damn thing shuts off at stop lights. On purpose.
    Me I want as little of that as I can have because I'm thinking out 5-10 years when these sensors start going to hell. Maybe if they mad acar that "braked for bikinis?"

14. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

Common (08-16-2019)

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 266
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    zachroidott's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 566x in 460 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    I hate all that crap, whatever happened to red blooded Americans racing from every stop light.
    Smart phones.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gamewell45 View Post
    You change the oil every 3,000 miles and you'll get over 200,000 miles on your engine. I had a 1998 jeep wrangler that I finally had to junk after 17 years only because the body and frame rotted through. The engine had about 220,000 miles on it and didn't burn a drop of oil.
    I've got a 2004 Toyota Tacoma with near to 200,000 on it. I'll likely keep as a lawn ornament when the time comes.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Collateral Damage For This Useful Post:

gamewell45 (08-14-2019)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,323x in 10,925 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    My wife's Subaru does some of that and the damn thing shuts off at stop lights. On purpose.
    Me I want as little of that as I can have because I'm thinking out 5-10 years when these sensors start going to hell. Maybe if they mad acar that "braked for bikinis?"
    Alot of cars have that stop and go, stops at red lights and starts as soon as you hit the gas
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

+ Reply to Thread