Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,323x in 10,925 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fanta had the best tasting diet soda, they made a diet chocolate that was damn good
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,247x in 12,373 Posts
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    Nah, you just need to fit some history in between the fiction you love so much.
    Oh, I read history on occasion, and read it extensively years ago. I just find the prospect of trying to get through some of the books you and a few others post about on the 'What have you read lately' thread incredibly sleep-inducing. At times you appear to be attempting to impress one another with the obscurity of your latest read's subject matter, and I just don't feel the need to do that.

At any rate, the whole point is that I find it amusing that some on the board feel it necessary to inject a "far left" meme into every thread on the forum, regardless of its subject matter. Every discussion seems to present itself as yet another opportunity to blame the "far left" for something - and the definition of "far left" is usually so fluid and arbitrary as to have no meaning at all.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,247x in 12,373 Posts
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    Fanta had the best tasting diet soda, they made a diet chocolate that was damn good
    I don't think I've ever seen that one. 'Yoo-hoo' seems to be the most popular these days. When I was a kid, we had 'Choc-ola', which was developed in Indianapolis in the '40s and sold out to the 'You-hoo' people in 1985.

For some reason, I always associate Fanta with the orange flavor. The other day I was in a Jack-in-the-Box and they had one of those new soda machines with only one dispenser and a touchscreen, on which you can make about a thousand different choices. I was in the mood for an orange drink, so I pushed the Fanta button, and it presented me with eight or nine different Fanta flavors - cherry, raspberry, etc. I had no idea.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,571x in 36,510 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    Oh, I read history on occasion, and read it extensively years ago. I just find the prospect of trying to get through some of the books you and a few others post about on the 'What have you read lately' thread incredibly sleep-inducing. At times you appear to be attempting to impress one another with the obscurity of your latest read's subject matter, and I just don't feel the need to do that.

At any rate, the whole point is that I find it amusing that some on the board feel it necessary to inject a "far left" meme into every thread on the forum, regardless of its subject matter. Every discussion seems to present itself as yet another opportunity to blame the "far left" for something - and the definition of "far left" is usually so fluid and arbitrary as to have no meaning at all.
    That's funny because most of the fiction you recommend looks incredibly boring and I wouldn't waste my time reading it but I don't feel threatened by your interest in goofy fiction. You're a weak man, Wolf.

Anyway, speaking of memes, you really need some new ones. If you weren't sure what "far left" meant you could have just asked. The answer in this context seems obvious enough or at least it should for those who have read history "extensively". Or you could not have posted at all but you couldn't help yourself. So I'll engage you, Wolf. Can you explain why my comment was inappropriate for the subject matter?
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,385x in 94,872 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sugar is bad for you at any level above minimal. The sugar substitutes are worse for you.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

+ Reply to Thread