Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,323x in 10,925 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question for Democat Voters

I made this tpf to keep it from spiraling into the toilet, im really interested in the responses of those that are democrats and what their thought process is.

I especially would like to hear from
    @Dr. Who @Standing Wolf @IMPress Polly @Adelaide etc if they care to respond

If anyone is voting democrat and a democrat wins, you have voted for and accepted their ideals and ideas on how the direction this country should go

My question is are you for Socializing America to the extent Socialized Medicine, free college and taking from the rich and giving it to others. If your candidate is for making illegal immigration legal will you accept that. Are you for reparations.

Every candidate running for potus that can win the nomination <I exclude Biden> Warren, Sanders, Harris if one of those win, they will socialize as much of this country as they can are you willing to vote for that are you for socializing america?

We know those 3 have been against any kind of control of illegal immigration, how many more millions of illegals are you willing to accept and vote for candidates that will leave them unimpeded.

Those issues are paramount to me NOT to happen thats mainly why I will not vote democrat.

This election will not be about the usual suspects, Gay everything, Abortion, Racism this election is about much more.

The question: Are you willing to accept all that to vote democrat because you cant pick and chose which will happen and which wont.
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 1,354
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first Group50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    IMPress Polly's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,721x in 4,392 Posts
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suggesting that America will become the old Soviet Union if Elizabeth Warren is elected president seems kind of hyperbolic to me.

There's a lot with which I don't agree with any of the Democratic candidates on, but at the end of the day, this election, as far as I'm concerned, is about saving the planet...to whatever extent that's even still possible at this point anyway. The climate crisis is the most serious problem before us. We have ONE decade left to make mega-progress on reducing carbon emissions, which is something that Joe Biden simply will not do. Won't even try. The Green New Deal is a dividing-line for me in this election. It's objectively imperative at this stage that serious action, specifically involving trillions of dollars of investment in public works, start to be undertaken IMMEDIATELY! That's NOT an option! Anything less than that and not just us, but the whole Earth will suffer consequences of a magnitude that can be hardly imagined even now.

This isn't the time for wishy-washy, corporate-friendly, middle-of-the-road candidates (let alone reactionary nature haters like Trump) who won't take THE most serious emergency confronting the world seriously. If ever there were a time for a candidate with bold ideas, that time is right now because the next election cycle will pretty much for sure be too late. As Chloe has put it before, nothing else matters if we don't have a planet.

I'm also tired of seeing people who simply want to be part of this country suffer so needlessly in camps around our southern border, especially since much of the reason why so many of them are fleeing here is related to how our own policies have adversely affected their countries of origin. We need to collectively regain a conscience toward the poor and needy and people who are fleeing violence and see them as human and not as an "infestation" in need of being (perhaps physically) eliminated.
    Last edited by IMPress Polly; 08-17-2019 at 03:04 PM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IMPress Polly For This Useful Post:

Common (08-17-2019),Orion Rules (08-23-2019)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,492x in 94,938 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPress Polly View Post
    Suggesting that America will become the old Soviet Union if Elizabeth Warren is elected president seems kind of hyperbolic to me.

There's a lot with which I don't agree with any of the Democratic candidates on, but at the end of the day, this election, as far as I'm concerned, is about saving the planet...to whatever extent that's even still possible at this point anyway. The climate crisis is the most serious problem before us. We have ONE decade left to make mega-progress on reducing carbon emissions, which is something that Joe Biden simply will not do. Won't even try. The Green New Deal is a dividing-line for me in this election. It's objectively imperative at this stage that serious action, specifically involving trillions of dollars of investment in public works, start to be undertaken IMMEDIATELY! That's NOT an option! Anything less than that and not just us, but the whole Earth will suffer consequences of a magnitude that can be hardly imagined even now.

This isn't the time for wishy-washy, corporate-friendly, middle-of-the-road candidates (let alone reactionary nature haters like Trump) who won't take THE most serious emergency confronting the world seriously. If ever there were a time for a candidate with bold ideas, that time is right now because the next election cycle will pretty much for sure be too late. As Chloe has put it before, nothing else matters if we don't have a planet.

I'm also tired of seeing people who simply want to be part of this country suffer so needlessly in camps around our southern border, especially since much of the reason why so many of them are fleeing here is related to how our own policies have adversely affected their countries of origin. We need to collectively regain a conscience toward the poor and needy and people who are fleeing violence and see them as human and not as an "infestation" in need of being eliminated.
    The New Green Deal in the US would cause a civil war and I don't think the hard left could keep up.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Common (08-17-2019),MisterVeritis (08-17-2019),MMC (08-17-2019)

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 2,069
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    AZ Jim's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,319x in 2,953 Posts
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To suggest that we vote for any program now is folly. We now don't vote FOR any candidate, we vote AGAINST those we oppose.
    Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I digress....

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AZ Jim For This Useful Post:

Bo-4 (08-18-2019),Helena (08-18-2019),Just AnotherPerson (08-23-2019),midcan5 (08-18-2019),Orion Rules (08-23-2019)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Jim View Post
    To suggest that we vote for any program now is folly. We now don't vote FOR any candidate, we vote AGAINST those we oppose.
    If you vote (D) that is your only option.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (08-17-2019),MMC (08-17-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    The New Green Deal in the US would cause a civil war and I don't think the hard left could keep up.
    Why is saving the planet from the worst ecological calamity possible a prospect that angers so many conservatives that much? I don't understand that.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IMPress Polly For This Useful Post:

Common Sense (08-21-2019),Just AnotherPerson (08-23-2019)

Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,379x in 27,945 Posts
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is saving the planet from the worst ecological calamity possible a prospect that angers so many conservatives that much? I don't understand that.
    You are chasing a myth. There is no ecological calamity in store for us involving the ever changing climate. We have been coming out of the last ice age for 20K years. I prefer it warmer.

So-called climate change is about power and control. I often wonder why people so readily believe the left's lies. Not that it matters.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

MMC (08-17-2019)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because we can't save or destroy the world, and patriots will not stand for extremists destroying the economy for their bad dreams. The GND is a nation-killer.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Because we can't save or destroy the world, and patriots will not stand for extremists destroying the economy for their bad dreams. The GND is a nation-killer.
    Having a planet to live on that can sustain human life is not a "bad dream", let alone anything you should fantasize about killing people over.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IMPress Polly For This Useful Post:

Common (08-17-2019),Just AnotherPerson (08-23-2019),Orion Rules (08-23-2019)

Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,323x in 10,925 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Jim View Post
    Thats an honest answer jim, ty
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

+ Reply to Thread